DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introducing myself

Jivenrah Sedai

Hello - Jivenrah Sedai here. New member, long-time reader (since 1991-ish) and fan. Last week I began re-reading the series for the 15th time - out loud to my husband and 7 year old daughter. Doing so made me nostalgic for Randland, so I signed up tonight having known about this blog for a long, long time. I'm so glad to know there are others who still talk about this world and everything related and I want to join in. Anything I should know before going further?

Hello Jivenrah, welcome to DM!!!

Since you've finished the series you might enjoy checking out some of the threads on our Discussion Boards where people can start and/or join in on discussions about the series and characters from it. 

In addition to our discussion boards you might enjoy checking out our many Social Groups which can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. You may join as many groups as you'd like and each one has their own draw. All of the groups have some great members, many of us are members of multiple groups, and each group has some fun activities to participate in. If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply to join them. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the Light Faction). Other than those two groups I can't really answer many of your questions but if you post here or in their general board I'm sure one of their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little bit of RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.

If you are looking for some in depth RP we also have the RP-Groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun to participate in. If you plan on participating I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to if no one here is able answer them.

I hope you have a great time on the site and hopefully we'll be see you around.

Welcome, Jivenrah.  I am a Green Aes Sedai in the White Tower and Warders.  Please come by and check us out.  Just be aware that there is stuff going on behind the scenes that you will not be able to access unless you are a member.  In the White Tower and Warders are activities, discussions, and friendships.  After a brief period/class, you are allowed to choose the Way of the Warder of the Way of the Aes Sedai, whether you are male or female.  

Each group has a sticky on the top, that will tell you basically what each group is about.  I belong to some other groups as well.  Feel free to explore and choose the one's that are of interest to you.

Yup, and remember that you can join as many groups as you want so don't feel like you only have to pick one.

And with your member name (Sedai) the White Tower would probably be a good place to check out and see how it looks.

So, which characters are your favorite?

Yup, and remember that you can join as many groups as you want so don't feel like you only have to pick one.

And with your member name (Sedai) the White Tower would probably be a good place to check out and see how it looks.

So, which characters are your favorite?

How to choose? Egwene, certainly, Moiraine, Verin. Rand when he isn't being whiny. Rhuarc, Amys, Nynaeve.

Welcome! :smile:

Thank you! One of the groups I am interested in is the Blue.

You should come to The White Tower and Warders then, and sign up for our training here. Then you'll have the opportunity to check out not only the Blues, but also the other Ajahs and the Warders as well, and you can eventually select which group you feel more at home in :smile: 

Hey ! Welcome Jivenrah !

Do not hesitate to have a look around ! there are so many places to visit ! :biggrin:

but tell us , what was your fav book of all time ?

There's definitely no reason to be nervous. We don't bite (much) and you only have to worry about balefire in the Black Tower, but even there we use it more on things like spiders and other creepy things.

Hey ! Welcome Jivenrah !

Do not hesitate to have a look around ! there are so many places to visit ! :biggrin:

Favorite in tWoT or ever, ever?

EVER, EVER !!!! lol

Hey ! Welcome Jivenrah !

EVER, EVER !!!! lol

:D I don't think I can choose just one! But here are five REALLY high ranking ones other than WoT (which are very dear to me): The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, Tam Lin by Pamela Dean, the Crystal Cave series by Mary Stewart, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

What are some of yours?

There's definitely no reason to be nervous. We don't bite (much) and you only have to worry about balefire in the Black Tower, but even there we use it more on things like spiders and other creepy things.

You're right. Everyone has been very kind and welcoming. I dislike spiders but am completely weirded out by moths. Not a problem in winter, though.

Hey ! Welcome Jivenrah !

EVER, EVER !!!! lol

:D I don't think I can choose just one! But here are five REALLY high ranking ones other than WoT (which are very dear to me): The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, Tam Lin by Pamela Dean, the Crystal Cave series by Mary Stewart, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.

What are some of yours?

thanks for list ! i'll add them in my to read list :tongue: i was looking for nice things to my collection

now i am an ASOIAF fan, and i loved the Gregg Rucka's Star wars book. He wrote them pretty well. Otherwise, Lestat the Vampire is a pretty good one too imo ...

now SPIDERS ?!?

why are you talking about spiders ?

*hides*

Hey ! Welcome Jivenrah !

EVER, EVER !!!! lol

What are some of yours?

thanks for list ! i'll add them in my to read list :tongue: i was looking for nice things to my collection

now i am an ASOIAF fan, and i loved the Gregg Rucka's Star wars book. He wrote them pretty well. Otherwise, Lestat the Vampire is a pretty good one too imo ...

now SPIDERS ?!?

why are you talking about spiders ?

*hides*

Sooh brought up spiders. Did I cross my threads? Hm. Sorry. NO 8 LEGGED THINGS HERE!

What is ASOIAF?

Archived