DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

X-Files (10th season)

Red2111

the more i think on that 3rd episode, the more it eeks into my top 10 fav X-files episodes.  it was full of feels and nostalgia for everything i loved about the show and David and Gillians chemistry on screen was just like the show never stopped :wub:

my top 5 list

Arcadia

Syzygy

Triangle

The Unnatural

X-Cops

it was a stand alone monster of the week type of episode.

basically, the city is cleaning up Philly's version of skid row by forcefully moving all of the homeless into an abandoned hospital.  but the main people involved in the push for this, are doing so for monetary gain and in a way that can be called less than humane; rather than to help the homeless.

so an artist, who is also a homeless dude, finds out that he has the ability to bring his creations to life and creates an entity that punishes the people praying on the homeless and who are responsible for the homeless being relocated.

essentially, this guy is Frankenstein with a paint brush and is attempting to create a Batman.  but like the book Frankenstein, his creation takes on a life of its own and essentially goes rouge.

by the end of the episode, the Trash Man has accomplished his set goal (taking out the people who are reasonable for relocating the homeless) but is not gone (as he has a 'life' of his own) and continues to watch over the homeless even though his creator has skipped town.

does that clear it up for you??

it was a stand alone monster of the week type of episode.

basically, the city is cleaning up Philly's version of skid row by forcefully moving all of the homeless into an abandoned hospital.  but the main people involved in the push for this, are doing so for monetary gain and in a way that can be called less than humane; rather than to help the homeless.

so an artist, who is also a homeless dude, finds out that he has the ability to bring his creations to life and creates an entity that punishes the people praying on the homeless and who are responsible for the homeless being relocated.

essentially, this guy is Frankenstein with a paint brush and is attempting to create a Batman.  but like the book Frankenstein, his creation takes on a life of its own and essentially goes rouge.

by the end of the episode, the Trash Man has accomplished his set goal (taking out the people who are reasonable for relocating the homeless) but is not gone (as he has a 'life' of his own) and continues to watch over the homeless even though his creator has skipped town.

does that clear it up for you??

Sort of.

Just watched episode 5. I can´t say that I enjoyed that or the last one very much. Parts of them was good but not as a whole. I hope the last episode is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the last episode. I don´t know... it felt.... clumsily. Too much happened but with less reasons than usual. Scully takes a look at him and directly sees that Mulder needs stem cells. Before that she saw one sick soldier and suddenly knew it was an epidemic. The other agent appears out of nowhere just to tell her that she is safe etc. It doesn´t work. I´m a bit disappointed. 

Meanwhile, Mulder just lies on a floor. I guess we got to know the reason behind everything, but in some way it takes away a lot of what the first series was all about. The conspiricy doesn´t feel believable. 

Just watched the last episode. I don´t know... it felt.... clumsily. Too much happened but with less reasons than usual. Scully takes a look at him and directly sees that Mulder needs stem cells. Before that she saw one sick soldier and suddenly knew it was an epidemic. The other agent appears out of nowhere just to tell her that she is safe etc. It doesn´t work. I´m a bit disappointed. 

Meanwhile, Mulder just lies on a floor. I guess we got to know the reason behind everything, but in some way it takes away a lot of what the first series was all about. The conspiricy doesn´t feel believable. 

Agree.  

Archived