DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aiel Darkfriends.

mikey sedai

Since the Aiel split, the Shaido have been cast as the baddies. Sevaana is stupid, greedy and arrogant, but there's no suggestion she's a darkfriend. Thereva is a demented lesbian, but i think she's too pantomime villian to really be a darkfriend.

The only Aiel darkfriend we've seen is Melaine, who tried to kill Matt using her lady parts.

Is there any hint that any of Rand's truest followers are walking the dark path?

Alright, well if I remember correctly, Sevanna has had several "dealings" with darkfriends. I haven't read the books in a while, so I can't give details, but I know she has had help from, I think... Greandal and Samael, though I don't know if she knew who they were or not.

Anybody else remember anything?

Guest Barmacral

I have to agree with Mikey on the stuff about Sevanna there. She was after Power, and "Cader" (or whatever his name was) Sammael was offering what she wanted.

Since the Aiel split' date=' the Shaido have been cast as the baddies. Sevaana is stupid, greedy and arrogant, but there's no suggestion she's a darkfriend. Thereva is a demented lesbian, but i think she's too pantomime villian to really be a darkfriend.

The only Aiel darkfriend we've seen is Melaine, who tried to kill Matt using her lady parts.

Is there any hint that any of Rand's truest followers are walking the dark path?[/quote']

Not Melaine, Melindhra. Melaine is a Wise One dreamwalker married to Bael, sister-wife to Dorindha and currently pregnant with twins. ;)

I get the feeling that the personal freedom and acceptance of death enjoyed by the Aiel discourage them from joining the shadow. Most want no power, the Wise Ones and Chiefs take their positions out of duty not seeking power. And they are repeatedly saying "death comes for us all". So while there are aborations like Melindrah and in a differant manner the leaders of the Shaido, most notably Sevana and Couladain, most are not seeking the things that the Shadow promises.

You know, about the only wise one we can state for sure is not a darkfriend is Sorilea, and even for her its conjecture... the fact is we just dont know. Certainly i think one of the high up aiel characters will be shown to be a darkfriend before the end.

It's the high up Aiel i was wondering about. And I do have a gut feeling it will be one of the Wise One's that we've met.

On the Sorilea front, Min has visions that she has difficuty believing IIRC. Is it that she's just really really old? Or could it be something more sinister than that?

Well, the "in her fashion" is obviously the key to the viewing. Elza does what she thinks is best, for her own reasons, and it ends up serving Rand (I'm thinking here of killing Dashiva/Aran'gar). Sorilea's actions will probably benefit Rand ultimately, even if it is not in the way or for the reasons he consciously desires.

So, while this viewing does not necessarily preclude Sorilea being a Darkfriend (obviously, given the example of Elza) it seems much, much more likely that it just means Sorilea is the ultimate Wise One who has her own agenda, and that agenda will ultimately benefit Rand.

Basically, what Luckers said, just long-winded-er.

Oops! I found that quote that was bugging me about Sorilea and it turned out it was about her age after all! My bad!

"How old do you think Sorilea is? And that Colinda. I saw- No.No, it doesn't have anything to do with you. Maybe the heat is affecting me. When I know , I always know.

Lots of mentions of Aiel darkfriends in TfoH, chapter 29 I belive. Kadere receives a note from a darkfriend Aiel saying he's not alone among strangers, and Kadere muses about this for a while;

"Natael [Asmodean] had told him that there must be darkfriends among the Aiel - There were darkfriends in every land, among every people - but he had never wanted to find brothers in the Waste. "

Also, as mentioned before, the Aiel attack on Mat in LoC. Seeing as how they were gated there, it strongly suggests so.

Archived