DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, different question. Again for everyone because this one is important.

What are your two strongest reads? Doesn't matter if it's a wolf read or a village read. What are the two most confident reads you have this game that you'd bet the house on if you had to?

For me, it's Zander villager and BFG villager, but I think I've stated that already.

What are your two strongest reads? Doesn't matter if it's a wolf read or a village read. What are the two most confident reads you have this game that you'd bet the house on if you had to?

For me, it's Zander villager and BFG villager, but I think I've stated that already.

Again for me?

I agree with those and I'll add Lenlo to the villa pile.

If you want another in addition that doesn't correspond with your list I'm out of strongest reads. 

At this point, Zander and Sooh.

At this point, Zander and Sooh.

IYO:

What's the difference between Zander this game and say, Zander in Matrix?

What's the difference between Sooh here and Sooh in [iDK game where Sooh was wolf that you read]?

The biggest thing with Zander is where I think he's focused--when I feel like he's looking at everybody and not just pushing a few strong reads to buy a pass, he's usually town.  He got a little better at doing that as Matrix progressed and a few people brought this to his attention, but he certainly didn't in Diablo, and it would be a pretty massive overnight improvement for him to be scum here.

Sooh has a combative attitude as town that I've frankly never seen a hint of in her scum game, and while I think she could learn to fake it to an extent, I don't think she could maintain it this consistently for this long.

I think the thing to keep in mind with Pizza coming back in is that A) he was lead wagon in a game with ~2 days to deadline and B) there really wasn't anyone defending him and his wagon wasn't going to dissipate on its own.

There's a genuine element to some of his posts on re-entry but Pizza is a good wolf and would absolutely go into damage control to try and escape. He's not the type to lay down without a fight in either role.

I'd probably be a lot more willing to back off Pizza entirely if I hadn't seen similar bouts of posting from players like Tom (and hell, myself) in order to get back on enough people's good side to dodge a lynch and give myself time to wiggle back up the PoE.

I think Sooh village reading Pizza for it is genuine, though.

Probably my biggest issue with Pizza (and I guess ultimately you, Shad) is I feel strong two-way players have a specific "usual facet" to reading them that is like this:

A strong wolf avoids the PoE by consistently swimming upstream and trending upward through sheer posting and will.

A strong villager avoids the PoE by being the one determining it.

What bothers me most about Pizza is that while he makes good posts and makes a lot of appeals I feel are more likely to come from a villager, there's an element to it that feels like a display for the people who are standing in leadership positions. I don't see him trying to wrestle a piece of that control of what the village does for himself; it's more that he cares about what the village thinks of him.

this is actually tougher then Id like it to be.  I like flips to allow be to reprocess everything but as of right now

Besie

Cory 

BFG

Pizza

Shad

Sooh

#themathsarehardforme

#idowhatiwant

Archived