DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Ollie gave me a flu today.  Considerate kid.

I'm pretty blllalaagghhhhh from the meds right now, did a quick skim, kind of tempted to call Sooh town just for her quick start.  Got a similar vibe from Dice.  Cory/Pizza/Zander coming in with apparent motivation doesn't mean jack to me at this point.  My brain started melting the further I read and I have to Christmas all day tomorrow too, so I'll hold off and give a full-over from the start hopefully tomorrow night.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pizza, Cory have you played together before?

We've only played turbos together IIRC (and the Matrix game, but he did not live long), but I am very familiar with his playstyle and I think I have an okay enough chance of reading him correctly of what I've seen.

I believe this is our second long game together.

Shad I don't disagree in general to that post readwise, but I'm not going to expand on anything just yet.

I know your faith in me is probably low considering you've never seen me as a villager but I'd highly recommend you abandon your recency bias because I at least believe my village game is a great deal stronger than my wolf game and I think at least a few people here that know me would agree. Fear of my wolf game gives you exactly zero reason to ignore my reads when I am a villager and is perhaps my greatest pet peeve when I am one.

If I do something you feel is wolfy, call it out, but I will take very poorly to any attempts to say "Cory is villagery but he's villagery as a wolf so I'm not going to listen to him" because I'm also villagery as a villager and I put out an exhaustive effort to get games right because I'm a weird overdedicated perfectionist with a lot of time.

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? 

I know this conversation has ended and been answered but

I just want to confirm that you have slapped yourself in the face the customary three times for even suggesting it

If you haven't please do so now <3

Pral Question: do the mafia have a NK in this game?

derp application processing.

will send you the results when they are complete

[spoiler[

If it's hard to read I reccomend getting glasses or going to an eye doctor

Tbqh

Whose this to?

Was directed at Nikon

I actually decided not to post that because I didn't want to be too mean to Lenlo but forgot to erase it when quoting another post

A glimpse into the mind of a jerk

Lenlo ILU and I hope you had a merry christmas :) also I'm happy with your level of play so far in terms of my ability to read you so keep doing what you are dong :)

Anyways, since weve both weighed in on that we should set it aside until others show up and give their thoughts on it.

Dice, please explain you initial vote on Zander and then switch on me please. I wanna get your reasoning clearly lined out., because from what I know of them they are lacking. Id also appreciate your thoughts on other people if you have them.

Zander was putting words in my mouth when called on it was all like oh ok   but im still right. 

he annoyed me but that wasnt why i voted him.

you come in hemming AND HAWING ON ME PRETTY MUCH FROM THE OUTSET. (caps srry)  one minute im townish then im not.

you ask for opinions on an idea but when i give you one you jump all over me because you dont agree with it

then when i do vote you you call me out on what i said to Zander. the annoyance comment. which has nothing to do wqith tghe vote and is simply telling him he isnt annoying me the most now. You are.

then the tone of ure posts is off. Its not the same as last game where i correctly cleared you very early on tone.

then theres the fact that i am very aware of the tactic of finding something little to grab hold of when im scum and try to use it. And you know this as you were on my team the last time i did it. the only dif is i had an extra honest out of game reason i was blowing up about as well

Shad I don't disagree in general to that post readwise, but I'm not going to expand on anything just yet.

I know your faith in me is probably low considering you've never seen me as a villager but I'd highly recommend you abandon your recency bias because I at least believe my village game is a great deal stronger than my wolf game and I think at least a few people here that know me would agree. Fear of my wolf game gives you exactly zero reason to ignore my reads when I am a villager and is perhaps my greatest pet peeve when I am one.

If I do something you feel is wolfy, call it out, but I will take very poorly to any attempts to say "Cory is villagery but he's villagery as a wolf so I'm not going to listen to him" because I'm also villagery as a villager and I put out an exhaustive effort to get games right because I'm a weird overdedicated perfectionist with a lot of time.

Lets unleash The True Power Of Villagery!!!!!!

Look man, I just ask questions and do stuff. If I worried about whether or not I looked stupid with every post id get nothing done and still look stupid

This is why Len is becoming one of my new fav players!!!!!!

Ollie gave me a flu today.  Considerate kid.

I'm pretty blllalaagghhhhh from the meds right now, did a quick skim, kind of tempted to call Sooh town just for her quick start.  Got a similar vibe from Dice.  Cory/Pizza/Zander coming in with apparent motivation doesn't mean jack to me at this point.  My brain started melting the further I read and I have to Christmas all day tomorrow too, so I'll hold off and give a full-over from the start hopefully tomorrow night.

I look forward to more.  In relation to me Cory and Pizza.  Any feels on leans at all with any of us?

Anyways, since weve both weighed in on that we should set it aside until others show up and give their thoughts on it.

Dice, please explain you initial vote on Zander and then switch on me please. I wanna get your reasoning clearly lined out., because from what I know of them they are lacking. Id also appreciate your thoughts on other people if you have them.

Zander was putting words in my mouth when called on it was all like oh ok   but im still right. 

you come in hemming AND HAWING ON ME PRETTY MUCH FROM THE OUTSET. (caps srry)  one minute im townish then im not.

you ask for opinions on an idea but when i give you one you jump all over me because you dont agree with it

then when i do vote you you call me out on what i said to Zander. the annoyance comment. which has nothing to do wqith tghe vote and is simply telling him he isnt annoying me the most now. You are.

then the tone of ure posts is off. Its not the same as last game where i correctly cleared you very early on tone.

then theres the fact that i am very aware of the tactic of finding something little to grab hold of when im scum and try to use it. And you know this as you were on my team the last time i did it. the only dif is i had an extra honest out of game reason i was blowing up about as well

unless im dumb and missed it in your explanation brother why did you vote me then?

For Zander fine,

I never hemmed or hawed you. I saw your posts and gave my thoughts on them. Never once said you were town or scum, so whose putting words in whose mouth? I merely said I liked this post or this post read like this. I have yet to give out reads.

Your opinion wasnt backed up with logic. Thats why it was so easy to tear down. Sorry but not all opinions are created equal. Just ask anyone born in the 1800s.

If youll remember, last game where you "correctly cleared me", I was third party survivor. Not town. So theres that shot. Once again, im not pushing you or casing you either. You are doing that to yourself.

@ zander    this  Zander was putting words in my mouth when called on it was all like oh ok   but im still right.     is why i voted

len at none point   and iso isnt working so i cant quote it   you were like   dont know if thats vilagery of dice or not   that heming and hawing

Alright. I disagree but thats your opinion. Id like a quote when you get the chance so I can see exactly what you mean cause if thats all you got its still weak as I have said in many games that I am bad at reading you and dont see what others do when they call you town.

Thing is though, your not voting me for that one point. You voted me when I told you your opinion on the 2nd VC was poorly backed up/explained. You got annoyed at me and voted me. then you come back with this later. Im gonna need an actual case before I take your vote on me seriously. I hope you understand.

I think I'm hungry...

Also:

You didnt make it look like a joke Dice.

BFG, yeah D1 we should hunt scum. Im trying to think about how we can turn this Majority Vote NK to towns advantage though.

ATM im torn on Dice. On one hand he is getting into it early and calling people out, yay. On the other he is calling people out of petty stuff that doesnt mean alot and imo is overreacting to things.

Theres really not much of a read, just observations so far.

Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion, 

I think we're most likely going to kill more town than mafia anyway, so unless we do a magical Christmas sweep of scumbags town should have control over the NK. I read the initial post to mean that we didn't have a traditional scum NK, but I'll wait until post N1 to make any conclusions. 

Reading people is hard. I wish I had more from Nikon, but I'll give him a temporary Christmas pass for now. As for Lenlo, he does seem more towny to me after a few pages. I'm a bit worried about clearing him for derpy reasons though. 

Dice and ZanZan are not reading each other right I think, but nothing makes me think scum tactics yet. 

Archived