DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

len i dont think the double vc thing will work til at least n3

untill then we are still guessing who the mafia bar slips or a big piece of luck

Why not? Assuming we get flip information, then we know who we lynched is town and who is scum. Then we read their debates/voting process. If we lynch a town D1 then they should follow the will of the town majority and with their 1 vote NK whoever we vote for.

Yeah sure we are guessing, but we are making just as educated guesses as we do lynches ITT while at the same time denying mafia control of the NK. I dont see how any of that is bad for town.

untill then we are still guessing who the mafia bar slips or a big piece of luck

Why not? Assuming we get flip information, then we know who we lynched is town and who is scum. Then we read their debates/voting process. If we lynch a town D1 then they should follow the will of the town majority and with their 1 vote NK whoever we vote for.

Yeah sure we are guessing, but we are making just as educated guesses as we do lynches ITT while at the same time denying mafia control of the NK. I dont see how any of that is bad for town.

the red   how often do mafia get lynched d1?  itd be a low percentage dont u agree?  also tell me how often have you seen a vig shoot n1 and get scum? low percentage again?

the bit after the red is a fine idea  i just dont think it will really work in our favor until n2 if we are lucky but most likely n3

I dont understand why you are fighting this.

We lynch Town D1 - We control the mafia NK hopefully, kill the scummiest person by thread consensus.

We lynch Scum D1 - Scum get to control the N1 NK, game continues as normal.

Yeah your right, D1/N1 scum lynchs/vigs are uncommon. But it doesnt matter if we arnt using a vig shot. We are using the mafias own NK. Seriously we pick a name out of a freaking hat, 25% change to get mafia on the lynch, 27% chance on the NK.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KEEPING TWO VCS TODAY HURT TOWN?

3 scum, out of 11 people =/= 1/11

Yeah you have 1 shot, but you have 3 valid targets out 11 total target. 3/11. My math is right.

And im ok with you giving your opinion, but your saying that doing this is pointless and that it wont help us until N2 or N3, as if directing the mafia NK so it doesnt hit our strongest players is a bad thing without giving me solid reasoning as to why.

the red   how often do mafia get lynched d1?  itd be a low percentage dont u agree?  also tell me how often have you seen a vig shoot n1 and get scum? low percentage again?

the bit after the red is a fine idea  i just dont think it will really work in our favor until n2 if we are lucky but most likely n3

I GAVE you my reasoning FFS!!!!!!!  you just dont LIKE it!  Right now it seems like you have come into thread looking for any little excuse to jump on someone and lucky me is the one.

Zander you are now off the hook for annoying me.

unvote

vote lenlo

as for numbers....do u understand the word minimum? we lynch someone today     history says most likely a townie  then someone dies tonight    again most likely a townie  another lynch tomorrow   better chances of finding scum so might be a scum best case. that makes it a MINIMUM of 2 a max of 3 barring any extra kills

/shrug, what do the numbers actually matter for?

People suggesting targets for the night lynch is a good idea, it gets more solid info on thread for analysis. The final decision will be the dead peoples though, there's nothing we can do to force people to vote and they have the advantage of having known alignments. Beyond that te details don't seem important and more of a distraction right now.

The 'second vote' is definately pro-town thinking, but can you explain why you suggested lynching somebody you think is town? :)

And if you could explain why you go from saying that Dice's 'over reaction' is so much it's probably town to how his 'over reaction' makes you unsure that would be great. Unless you're talking about reactions to different things? :unsure:

@Dice - why is the double VC a BAD idea, regardless of how likely it is to work?

And I think you're talking at cross purposes about the numbers. Lenlo is referring to the chance of lynching mafia from either the day or night lynch, Dice is talking about the 'likely' number of townies voting in the night lynch (I think)

cause ure killing more townies early BFG and for no real gain. townies are probably gonna outnumber the mafia later on anyway and at that time will have more info

a worst case type scenario?  dead people kill town  thats  1      mafia kill town  thats 2   vig kills town thats 3  sk   really stretching  kills town  4

thats FOUR town dead in one night.   its TOTALLY a worst case stretch but this isnt a basic game

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

Its entirely possible that they have other roles to compensate.

Assume this is a basic game with just the added mechanic. 1 Cop, 1 Doc, everything else vanilla.

Thats 3 kills a cycle. D1 lynch, N1 Lynch, N1 NK. Thats abit fast no? Puts town on  D3 LyLo if they screw up. So yeah I think it entirely possible scum dont have a NK, but instead other possible roles to compensate for that. Regardless, even if they do have a NK, getting thread consensus on who to Night lynch is best rather than letting 1 person do what they want. The fact of the matter is, there is a nightly lynch and town would be flat out stupid not to try and take advantage of it. Because if we dont, scum will. 

Hell, if theres an option for No Lynch each night we could even do that to completely negate the mechanic if we wanted! That still requires us to, as a town, vote on what the best course of action would be for each night. There is nothing for town to lose by planning out intelligently how to use the given game mechanics.

Anyways, since weve both weighed in on that we should set it aside until others show up and give their thoughts on it.

Dice, please explain you initial vote on Zander and then switch on me please. I wanna get your reasoning clearly lined out., because from what I know of them they are lacking. Id also appreciate your thoughts on other people if you have them.

Oh @Pral If someone is dead and an android, is to cool for them to leave messages/posts/cases about living players for the active players to read and use once night ends? I assume so but I wanna check with you first.

dice has been active - which is nice - but i don't know if he's done anything that i would consider villagery of him to do.

don't know if i can trust him yet.

going to start going through the thread for real now. we're still a little low on content but gotta start somewhere.

Archived