DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends

;_;

I'm sorry Lenlo... I'll see how things progress, but as of right now you give me shivers.. like the cold breath of a wolf down my neck... 

I want specifics here.

What is Lenlo doing which makes you shiver? As descriptive as you can.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading the thread my main focus is on Lenlo. 

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

So you are saying that Dice is mafia then? This is interesting in two ways:

1. You asked Pral a question about the nk in the thread once he had gone. You knew we would not get an answer in some time. But then you assume that there are no ordinary nk´s and base your ideas on that as if it was true. That made me think that you had tmi. 

2. If you think that Dice is mafia (like I take it), then it´s weird that you are not voting him. 

Alright. I disagree but thats your opinion. Id like a quote when you get the chance so I can see exactly what you mean cause if thats all you got its still weak as I have said in many games that I am bad at reading you and dont see what others do when they call you town.

Thing is though, your not voting me for that one point. You voted me when I told you your opinion on the 2nd VC was poorly backed up/explained. You got annoyed at me and voted me. then you come back with this later. Im gonna need an actual case before I take your vote on me seriously. I hope you understand.

The way you seem to point out Dice as mafia (without saying it explicity) and then saying it´s just observations and ask him to understand that you don´t like his case makes me think of a mafia that doesn´t dare to follow through. 

As for Dice, I think he is town. I think he has been overreacting but the way he is been active and started to get serious gives me that feeling. 

[unvote]

[v] Lenlo [/v]

To Pizza: my timezone is GMT +1. My presence in the thread is depending on if my daughter is with me or not (and how I´m feeling). I usually don´t stay and talk much for a long time.

I'm also at GMT +1

I'll try to work around your ability to be present, then.

My request, stick around for a few minutes after you post, to give me a fair chance to see that you're online and ask you questions in real time.

It shouldn't take very long. When you have to go, just post that you've gotta run. RL calls.

Right now I am doing a close re-read and I don't have any questions for you just yet. Everything you're doing right now is fine with me.

Lenlo will be a tough one to read, especially since he's already giving me bad vibes...

*sigh*

Just can't read you dude..

You have a problem with me Sooh? I thought we could be friends

;_;

I'm sorry Lenlo... I'll see how things progress, but as of right now you give me shivers.. like the cold breath of a wolf down my neck... 

I want specifics here.

What is Lenlo doing which makes you shiver? As descriptive as you can.

Tough to give specifics on a tone read. Add that to that the fact that his tone has changed for me now. His first posts seemed guarded as far as I remember. 

Like I said earlier I almost want to derp clear him for posting that he wants to lynch villagers, but then again Tina brings up a fair point about him here. 

Last one was Pg 1. This is Pg 2

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

I cant wait to see it thats for sure.

LOL Dice! Hi everyone :happy:

Are you town????!!!!

we may need to leave her alive a couple of days even if she isnt. We need to get some tells for her...

The bold actually doesnt sit right with me. Leave her alive even if she isnt town? Are you saying you know she isnt town, that if we somehow mechanically find her to be scum we shouldnt lynch her or what? Cause if we know she isnt town wouldnt that mean we already found tells/errors in her play? This doesnt sit right with me Dice.

Red- deja vu

Maroon- reaching

Wolfy brainwave detected. Exterminating the pesky intruder.

THIS IS MY VILLAGE, WOLF.

Vote: Lenlo

cause ure killing more townies early BFG and for no real gain. townies are probably gonna outnumber the mafia later on anyway and at that time will have more info

a worst case type scenario? dead people kill town thats 1 mafia kill town thats 2 vig kills town thats 3 sk really stretching kills town 4

thats FOUR town dead in one night. its TOTALLY a worst case stretch but this isnt a basic game

We don't know theres a vig and Pral said the double lynch was being balanced by town having fewer roles.

But regardless, I'm not asking why the night lynch itself is a bad idea, but why a second vote to keep track of who the still living players would lynch at night is a bad idea.

Okay, @Pizza, I'm GMT+2 so I'll be around this time of day. I actually got up late today. Usually I'll be here from about 4 hours ago, to 12 hours into the future.

Inbetween I'm doing other things but I'm way too curious not to check in every few minutes to see what's going on.

I just want to state my opinion on the entire argument that originated from this post:

So question: I just read up on the rules. Would we ever want to lynch a towny to ensure a majority in the NK selection? Cause if we lynch a towny first couldnt we, those alive in thread, direct them on who to kill during the night? Like we could take two votes during the day. Vote 1 = the official lynch vote, Vote 2 = the unnofficial, NK whoever has majority.

Pral Question: Do we see roles when we lynch someone and do the mafia have a NK in this game? I ask because at night those who are dead vote on who dies that night. So it would make sense for the mafia to not have an NK right? Or else two people die and thats crazy fast.

I almost forgot this game wasnt experimental.

I think Len was just honestly trying to explain his idea on a possible tactic. I can see your opinion, Len, but I think I'm going to stick to Zander's KISS rule. To me, it feels like keeping town alive is more important than having them as droids for the NK's.

Recommended:

Everyone should name a minimum of 2 suspects a day. If one dies, their second suspect counts as a vote for the other at night.

preference is always for the top 1 suspect, ofc.

I'm going to reread before telling you my two top suspects.

Hey Zander, im number two in posts and you have more than twice as many as me. Dangit man.

Seems like a really bizarre thing for a villager to be concerned with this early in the game.

Reads to me like you're consciously trying to win the sort by postcount scum war, and feel the need to highlight you're posting.

Totally unnecessary and several of your other posts also read like fishing for villager points. It's not working for me.

You're radiating scumitude so much that I need to encase you in lead and dump you at the bottom of a cooling pond. I'm also ready to pull the trigger with no regrets.

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

My reaction to reading my role PM

Zander <3

Is that normal?

merry christmas frands :)

Merry Christmas frond!

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

Zander <3

PIZZA!!!!!!!  <3 

Should this worry me??!!!!

Premature. Let's talk about it after a few more posts.

1) Answering for other people. -1

2) Avoidance. -1

Starting off on the wrong foot here.

Jet fuel can't melt wolf beams Pizza

That's beautiful Cory.

wolf beams?

HE'S BREAKING THE CONDITIONING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Zander I am christening you Village Jackhammer Operator

I'm Village Organizer

Everyone else will get their roles when they get their Village Acceptance Passes™ 

Sounds cool.

Cory I won't disappoint you. I'm gonna take what I learned and lunch all the wolves.

Brown noser.

Zander <3

Is that normal?

merry christmas frands :)

Merry Christmas frond!

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

Zander <3

PIZZA!!!!!!!  <3 

Should this worry me??!!!!

Premature. Let's talk about it after a few more posts.

1) Answering for other people. -1

2) Avoidance. -1

Starting off on the wrong foot here.

Jet fuel can't melt wolf beams Pizza

That's beautiful Cory.

wolf beams?

HE'S BREAKING THE CONDITIONING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Zander I am christening you Village Jackhammer Operator

I'm Village Organizer

Everyone else will get their roles when they get their Village Acceptance Passes™

Sounds cool.

Cory I won't disappoint you. I'm gonna take what I learned and lunch all the wolves.

Brown noser.

len i dont think the double vc thing will work til at least n3

untill then we are still guessing who the mafia bar slips or a big piece of luck

Why not? Assuming we get flip information, then we know who we lynched is town and who is scum. Then we read their debates/voting process. If we lynch a town D1 then they should follow the will of the town majority and with their 1 vote NK whoever we vote for.

Yeah sure we are guessing, but we are making just as educated guesses as we do lynches ITT while at the same time denying mafia control of the NK. I dont see how any of that is bad for town.

This can happen by accident a lot of the time, why is it a priority for you to make it happen?

There's no conscious effort required to make a townie die, it's going to happen by default if we don't lynch a scumbag, which is how we win the game. So either we lynch a scumbag on day one which is fantastic and the point of play and what we're trying to achieve, or we fail at that task and then said townie tries to shoot a scum.

Here's the bottom line: I am accusing you of suggesting this, because you want it to work to your advantage either way.

You want to lynch a townie, and if you do, you want them to kill another townie, by going with the majority of townies who are lost, plus scum's votes which will assist them in being lost, or you are trying to gain townie credits starting day two for pointing at scumbags day one with your second choice "vote".

Either way, your aim is to look townie, by suggesting things that will work out just fine for you as scum.

Yuck. 100% yuck.

I dont understand why you are fighting this.

We lynch Town D1 - We control the mafia NK hopefully, kill the scummiest person by thread consensus.

We lynch Scum D1 - Scum get to control the N1 NK, game continues as normal.

Yeah your right, D1/N1 scum lynchs/vigs are uncommon. But it doesnt matter if we arnt using a vig shot. We are using the mafias own NK. Seriously we pick a name out of a freaking hat, 25% change to get mafia on the lynch, 27% chance on the NK.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES KEEPING TWO VCS TODAY HURT TOWN?

Bolded- Manipulation of perception, and a heads-up to the scum when distancing from fellow wolves would be appropriate.

A person is hard to fool, but people are easy to fool. People absorb the consensus when they are at a loss for a good idea on their own, and it's easier for wolves to hide within consensus. And wolves have a leg up on individual townies when it comes to manipulating perceptions or consensus because they're not operating solo, but as a tightly-knit unit.

You're taking an absolute position here on a grey bit of morality. In principle, it's better for town to hunt with more information, but mafia have ways of manipulating that information, and the opinions of others.

Now that you've made a stand on this hill with the all-caps, you're attempting to sound townier than others, as if there's no room for nuanced disagreement. That's a scummy motivation and it should hang you.

Archived