DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I didn't understand was why Theon would go back to Winterfel? Unless by "home" he meant the Iron Islands?

Also, I'm probably the only person in the "keep people dead" camp. Resurection (traditionally) comes with a twist, and I perfer non-twisted characters, but whatever.

I'll fully admit I'm only a 45% fan-boy of the series, watching bits and pieces of it at friends houses or, normally, long-haul flights.

• Community Administrator

The only thing I didn't understand was why Theon would go back to Winterfel? Unless by "home" he meant the Iron Islands?

Also, I'm probably the only person in the "keep people dead" camp. Resurection (traditionally) comes with a twist, and I perfer non-twisted characters, but whatever.

I'll fully admit I'm only a 45% fan-boy of the series, watching bits and pieces of it at friends houses or, normally, long-haul flights.

There's all kinds of fan theories regarding the Resurrection. Could his be tied to the norths white walker? The south's fire lord? (Both of which cause you to lose your humanity) or is his something else entirely?

There's all kinds of fan theories regarding the Resurrection. Could his be tied to the norths white walker? The south's fire lord? (Both of which cause you to lose your humanity) or is his something else entirely?

That's exactly my point. I would have rather a universe where dead is dead not, dead is sometimes not dead if merged with a fire god*

*body-swapping in a place where the walls of reality have blurred is, in the context of these boards, completely acceptable

#spoilers

• Community Administrator

That's exactly my point. I would have rather a universe where dead is dead not, dead is sometimes not dead if merged with a fire god*

*body-swapping in a place where the walls of reality have blurred is, in the context of these boards, completely acceptable

#spoilers

Fire god

Winter god

Water god..

it's all the same. :wink:

I think the resurrection scene was well done. The question is what Jon will be like now.

@ Zander. No, I don't watch it. I have three favorite YouTube reviews that I watch though. And I read everything at WotW.

Episode 3

I just love the ending. I got chills when Jon said "My watch is ended." 

The Wall - great scenes. Everyone is happy that Olly is dead. Too bad that Ser Alliser died. The actor is great and it has been good to have him to hate. :D Jon will have a lot of supporters now and the greatest will be Davos and Melisandre. It´s fun to see that they are still so different from each other. Melisandre is back and talks about TPWWP and Davos tells her to go and leave them alone. lol  Tormund wasn´t too impressed. :D  Just love the Wall scenes. The question is if Sansa will be able to get to CB before Jon leaves.

Winterfell - no! :(  They have Osha and Rickon and Shaggydog is dead. I have wanted to see them for years but not like this. I like the Great Northern Conspiracy in the books but I´m not sure about it in the show. I don´t know if they will make it any more complicated now that they are close to the end.

Ocean - lovely to see Sam and Gilly again. The baby has grown! Amazing. :D 

ToJ - great scene. I wonder if that is how it went in the books as well. Did Howland Reed save Ned in that way? Looking forward to next flash back scene.

Vaes Dothrak - meh. 

Mereen - meh. Tyrion had his funny moment but I would rather spend that time in the North. Vary´s scene was good though.

Bravoos - wow! Great to see more of Arya. Her list has became shorter but the names are important. I wonder if she will get to kill Walder Frey this season. Her feelings for the Hound is "confused". :D 

Kings Landing - it was fun to see Kevan and the others leaving the small counsil. Kevan and Pycelle is in trouble. I wonder if Varys´ little birds and still Varys´ and not Qyburn´s? Poor Tommen. He just fails. 

Did The Hound ever have a chance against The Mountain?

He did his best in the tournament but I´m not sure if he could have won it. 

So.....who would wanna be in Rickon's spot right now???

:(

I like Emergency Awesome, Ozzy and Alt Shift X. Last year I watched Elio and Linda but there was just too much negativity. It's the same with Westeros.

History of Westeros and Rawrist are good too.  History of Westeros does 2 reviews per week - on Mondays for show watchers only, Wednesdays with book-related content, both reviews 2 hours long.  I spend an inordinate amount of time watching reviews of each episode, lol.

I like Emergency Awesome, Ozzy and Alt Shift X. Last year I watched Elio and Linda but there was just too much negativity. It's the same with Westeros.

History of Westeros and Rawrist are good too.  History of Westeros does 2 reviews per week - on Mondays for show watchers only, Wednesdays with book-related content, both reviews 2 hours long.  I spend an inordinate amount of time watching reviews of each episode, lol.

Me too!!!!!

lololololol

That said, Elio and Linda's book discussions are good. I have watched their recent videos and they are interesting.

That said, Elio and Linda's book discussions are good. I have watched their recent videos and they are interesting.

Indeed, their book discussions are very interesting.  The show reviews, just one complaint after another.

I can't praise History of Westeros enough for excellent book discussions AND show reviews, I'm a huge fan of their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiYwENpLDO4gyB4dBrMYrjQ

Episode 4

The Wall - finally!!! A Stark reunion!!!! It was wonderful to see Sansa and Jon hug and talk about childhood memories. Sansa is now one of my favourites. I loved her comment "I want you to help me, but I´ll do it myself if I have to". Jon is clearly confused (and who can blame him) but now she has put him on a good mission. 

Brienne with Davos and Mel was great. Davos will have to learn what happend to Shireen soon. The only bad thing with having so many main characters at the Wall was that there wasn´t much focus on Melisandre and Davos. But they will surely have their moments in the episodes to come.

And Tormund!!! lmao  The way he looked at Brienne during their dinner. :D Love it! Over all, I´m so happy that we have seen so much of the North this season.

Winterfell - bye, bye Osha. :(

The Vale - Robin is still creepy. Yes, he is.Littlefinger is still creepy. Yes, he is. 

Iron Islands - I like Yara and Theon together. They play great. Let´s see what will happen next week. 

King´s Landing - good to see that Margaery is still strong. I wonder what the Hight Sparrow´s plans are. He surely know that Tommen would tell Cersei. Again, poor Tommen. Can´t he just go to a far away castle, get some kittens and live happily ever after? I hope Jaime won´t live in Cersei´s shadow the whole season. 

Mereen - a little more action this week. I wonder how long Tyrion´s deal will hold. The former slaves are not happy and I doubt Dany will be either. But he did his best.

Vaes Dothrak - this went so much faster than I expected and it´s both good and bad. Good because I want to see Dany heading for Westeros. Bad because her Unburt scene didn´t give me the right feeling. It was more of a "this must happen and then we move on" scene. But I´m very happy that she got the Dothraki on her own, without help from her kids. 

Again, great episode! I can´t wait for next week with Bran. 

Episode 4

The Wall - finally!!! A Stark reunion!!!! It was wonderful to see Sansa and Jon hug and talk about childhood memories. Sansa is now one of my favourites. I loved her comment "I want you to help me, but I´ll do it myself if I have to". Jon is clearly confused (and who can blame him) but now she has put him on a good mission. 

Brienne with Davos and Mel was great. Davos will have to learn what happend to Shireen soon. The only bad thing with having so many main characters at the Wall was that there wasn´t much focus on Melisandre and Davos. But they will surely have their moments in the episodes to come.

And Tormund!!! lmao  The way he looked at Brienne during their dinner. :D Love it! Over all, I´m so happy that we have seen so much of the North this season.

Vaes Dothrak - this went so much faster than I expected and it´s both good and bad. Good because I want to see Dany heading for Westeros. Bad because her Unburt scene didn´t give me the right feeling. It was more of a "this must happen and then we move on" scene. But I´m very happy that she got the Dothraki on her own, without help from her kids. 

I liked these parts best! :) 

I kinda wanted her kids to show up, i mean, they're all free now...

Archived