DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

New photos! Everythings gets me excited while waiting for the trailer. lol

http://watchersonthewall.com/20-new-official-game-of-thrones-photos-released-from-season-6/#more-55611

And look at these new Pop Vinyls. Awww... so cute.  I so want Melisandre!

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-game-of-thrones-pop-vinyls-revealed/

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally! A real trailer.

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U [/media]

Here is a breakdown. http://watchersonthewall.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer/#more-57091

I´m so looking forward to next season.

Still not sure if this is a spoiler free thread or not so I´ll use the spoiler tags.

I´m excited about everything that is going on in the North. From these few pictures it looks like Melisandre will sacrify herself. I hope not. One of her visions was that she saw herself in Winterfell. Her visions in the book have never been wrong so far, she just doesn´t know how to interpret them.

It looks like Ghost, Davos and a few friends are protecting Jon´s body. I´m happy that Davos is at his side. It´s hard to see if Edd is there but I hope he is. I hope it´s happening in the first episode so that Jon can return to the living early in the season.

Sansa´s coat could be a Nightswatch coat. Maybe she comes to the Wall just to see that her brother is dead?

Love the last scene with Bran and the Nights King. I´m looking forward to the flash back scenes. Especially the Tower of Joy scene. And it will be wonderful to watch Max von Sydow.

Euron on a bridge... Finally. The kingsmoot looks a bit small, if that is the kingsmoot. Asha/Yara is back - yay! I hope she and Theon will have a better relation this time.

Not very interested in Dany´s storyline or anything that is happening in that part of Essos but hopefully I will get a good surprise.

I always like Arya´s scenes but I hope we´ll get to see her returning to Westeros.

The Lannister story is not a favourite of mine but I love the scene where Cersei says "I choose violance". Robert Strong will totally kill Lancel.

• 1 month later...

After this season, GAME OF THRONES has only 13 episodes left.

Producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proposed to HBO that Season 7 should consist of only seven episodes, and Season 8 of six episodes. HBO are apparently considering this plan. This would allow more time for writing and more budget, production and post-production time on each episode. Apparently Seasons 4 and 5 pushed the show's production time to breaking point, and Season 6 pushed it over breaking point with the now-standard late-season large battle/vfx sequences (they had to draft in a lot of extra resources to get it down, taking the season budget to over $100 million).

It sounds like HBO will 100% renew the show for its final two seasons in a couple of weeks, but are still negotiating how many episodes are left. It might end up being more (maybe 7 & 7 or 7 & 8). But it looks definite that we're not going to get two more 10-episode seasons.

After this season, GAME OF THRONES has only 13 episodes left.

Producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proposed to HBO that Season 7 should consist of only seven episodes, and Season 8 of six episodes. HBO are apparently considering this plan. This would allow more time for writing and more budget, production and post-production time on each episode. Apparently Seasons 4 and 5 pushed the show's production time to breaking point, and Season 6 pushed it over breaking point with the now-standard late-season large battle/vfx sequences (they had to draft in a lot of extra resources to get it down, taking the season budget to over $100 million).

It sounds like HBO will 100% renew the show for its final two seasons in a couple of weeks, but are still negotiating how many episodes are left. It might end up being more (maybe 7 & 7 or 7 & 8). But it looks definite that we're not going to get two more 10-episode seasons.

Wow. I wonder if they'll be able to wrap it up with only that many episodes.

Also makes me wonder how much they're going to leave out that will be in the book(s).

It would be tough to just get seven episodes and then wait a whole year for only six more but I want them to focus on quality so if that is what it takes then it might be a good choice. I'm happy that they aren't dragging it out any more seasons. If they skip a lot of the book material it will be more interesting to read the books.

Wow! Finally! I have been waiting too long for this season to start! But that episode was over very quick, wasn´t it?

Comments in spoilers because I will mention the books.

The Wall - great scenes! Davos was great. Really looking forward to see what he will do without Stannis this season. Ghost! Yay! I hope we get to see more of him and the other wolves this seasons. Dragons are cool but they can´t forget the wolves. I hope Edd will return with the wildings as soon as possible. 

But the best scene - Melisandre taking her necklace off! It has been hinted in the books that she is really old and now we know. (Well, at least the tv version.) It was the best scene in the whole episode. What will happen now? Will Davos see her this way? Did she lay down to die because she has failed? I still think she will resurect Jon but will she? So exciting?

Kings Landing - Lena is playing so well. The way her face changed when she realised that Myrcella was dead. Otherwise, not much. The Tyrell siblings still in prison. 

Dorne - very surprising. Didn´t see that coming and I´m not sure that I like it. I had looked forward to see prince Doran. It was a bit too easy to kill Aero. He is supposed to be a really good warrier. Not sure what will happen to the Dorne story line now.

Mereen - setting up for the coming episodes. It will be fun to see Jorah and Daario together. Poor Jorah! Tyrion won´t have an easy job ruling Mereen.

Braavos - Arya will become a blind fighter. I wonder if she will warg a cat in the series. 

North - I love the scene with Sansa and Brienne. Theon is back! Roose should think about what he is saying. He might not live long otherwise. 

A good first episode. We get to see everyone but Bran. I don´t want to wait a whole week!!!

I think the point of the episode was to get us caught up quickly on many fronts I have a feeling certain parts like the North are gonna take up a fair bit of time.

I liked it and I think it was more a building up to type episode.

Not really liking what they've done with Dorne in the show.  I loved Doran and Arianne in the books.  At least they got the Red Viper right.

Vouch and Martin could have done so much more with Oberyn imo one if my fav characters.

Not really liking what they've done with Dorne in the show.  I loved Doran and Arianne in the books.  At least they got the Red Viper right.

Agreed.

Hopefully they just paid lip service in ep 1 before dropping that storyline for the rest of the show.

Next week is definitely the Tower of Joy. "And so it begins."

R+L=J has been my pet theory since my first read-through, before I discovered the concept of online fandoms and the rabbit hole of theories. I can't wait to see it.

Anyone else expecting the R+L=J theory to be coming up soon?  A friend thinks the tower in the preview for next week could be the Tower of Joy.

I am and I cant wait!!!!!

We knew it would happen but OMG!!!! 

North of the Wall - great to have Bran and his friends back. Wonderful scene at Winterfell. 

The Wall - it was so funny when they tried to break in to take Jon and then Wun Wun breaks into Castle Black instead. And what did that guy think when he shot the giant? lol Melisandre was great again. And Ghost...lovely. Can´t wait to see what Jon will be like.

The North - great scene again with Sansa and Theon and Sansa and Brienne. 

Winterfell - very predictable. Poor Walda.

Pyke - Euron seems crazy enough. It´s good to see Yara back.

Kings Landing - poor Tommen. Trying to do his best but fails all the time. He shouldn´t be king. 

Braavos - very short scene. Not much happened. (Actually, many scenes were too short. Maybe they should have skipped this one and have it next week instead?)

Mereen - don´t care about Mereen at all but it was really cute when the dragon lowered his neck so that Tyrion could untie him. 

So looking forward to Sansa and Jon meeting each other. And so looking forward to ToJ. 

Archived