DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

12 steps for the recovering WOT reader

Crossplains

Hello all,

My name is Crossplains and I have not had any Wheel of Time for 48 hours and I don't know if I can make it. You see the main reason I am here is  because I finally let myself finish the series after slowly working my through it for just over a decade. Once I started with eye of the world it seemed that there was always a new book to look forward to. Yet you see Friday afternoon I finished reading MOL and when I woke up Saturday morning I realized this was the first time I would not have a WOT book to look forward to. I guess I'm feeling withdraw and I'm looking to get my fix so I'm hoping this is a place where I can discuss the book with other people who may have been affected by it in a positive way. 

Also I guess I should say a little about myself. Like most people there are some interesting parts to my life and some mundane parts. I enjoy many types of literature but I find myself drawn to books and entertainment that expand on the good parts of the human experience. Typically I find myself in the Fantasy and Science fiction section of library's. I'm mid 30's and live in beautiful Virginia about an hour outside of DC. Honestly life is good, but i'm really looking forward to sharing my love of WOT with people on this site because my normal circle of friends does not include many who appreciate science fiction and fantasy. 

Crossplains 

You have certainly come to the right place.  Welcome to DM.  If you would enjoy socializing within a WoT setting, the social groups are for you.  For example, I'm the Captain General of the Green Ajah in the White Tower and Warders.  We have an Amyrlin, a Keeper, all of the Ajahs, Sitters, Aes Sedai, Warders and various activities on the boards.  FYI, you will not be able to see all of the boards until and if you decide to be a member. There are also other social groups that may catch your eye.  You can belong to as many as you wish.

You may also enjoy discussing the books and there is a section for that too.

Please let us know if you have any questions.  We are more than happy to help.

Hello all,

My name is Crossplains and I have not had any Wheel of Time for 48 hours and I don't know if I can make it. You see the main reason I am here is  because I finally let myself finish the series after slowly working my through it for just over a decade. Once I started with eye of the world it seemed that there was always a new book to look forward to. Yet you see Friday afternoon I finished reading MOL and when I woke up Saturday morning I realized this was the first time I would not have a WOT book to look forward to. I guess I'm feeling withdraw and I'm looking to get my fix so I'm hoping this is a place where I can discuss the book with other people who may have been affected by it in a positive way. 

Also I guess I should say a little about myself. Like most people there are some interesting parts to my life and some mundane parts. I enjoy many types of literature but I find myself drawn to books and entertainment that expand on the good parts of the human experience. Typically I find myself in the Fantasy and Science fiction section of library's. I'm mid 30's and live in beautiful Virginia about an hour outside of DC. Honestly life is good, but i'm really looking forward to sharing my love of WOT with people on this site because my normal circle of friends does not include many who appreciate science fiction and fantasy. 

Crossplains 

*hugs* I feel your pain! I'm in a post-WoT depression.

I endorse what Ryrin says, btw. It's good to just share space with people whom you don't have to explain the joke to, in a manner of speaking.

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome. It is so comforting to see so much content that feels familiar. Though as I’m going through many of the threads I can say it’s a little overwhelming. Are there any suggestions on where to start? I am looking maybe to start just discussing thoughts on the books and then branch out to the more varied content. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived