DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Alena

Hi everyone!

Been lurking around here for a while, and I finally got around to joining. I first started reading the books about 3 years ago when I needed something to read whilst commuting to university, and I ended up getting completely hooked on them.

Looking forward to exploring the site properly and getting to talk about WoT with other fans. :-)

Thank for the welcomes.

I've read the whole series, just started my third re-read (nearly at the end of EotW). I think my favourite group of people would have to be the Aiel, I love their culture and dark sense of humour.

As for favourite characters, I'd have to go with Rand, Logain and Aviendha. I also find Ishamael/Moridin quite fun to read about, in a kind of love to hate way.

So far I've mostly been looking at how the site works, looking into some of the Social Groups and reading some of the discussions. Just kind of getting to grips with things.

I spend most of my time in the Social Groups.  You can join as many as you want.  Just know that in most Groups, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.  If you are not a member, you don't have access to all of the boards.

I'm on my second re-read.

My favorites are Siuan, Moiraine, Gareth, and Myrelle.

Thanks for the info about the social groups.

Are you finding with your re-read that you notice a lot of stuff that you missed or have forgotten about since your last read? I'm always finding stuff like that. I think it's one of the reasons I love this series so much- every time I read it there's something new to discover, whether about a plotline or a character's motivations.

I just started a re-read myself, i am about half way through the wheel of time.   i dont know how many re-reads ive done.  When the new books woudl be released i would re-read the series timing it so i would be done in time to read the new book!! they are awesome.  And im with you i love the Aiel!

Thanks for the info about the social groups.

Are you finding with your re-read that you notice a lot of stuff that you missed or have forgotten about since your last read? I'm always finding stuff like that. I think it's one of the reasons I love this series so much- every time I read it there's something new to discover, whether about a plotline or a character's motivations.

That's exactly it.  This story is so rich, you discover something new every time.

I just started a re-read myself, i am about half way through the wheel of time.   i dont know how many re-reads ive done.  When the new books woudl be released i would re-read the series timing it so i would be done in time to read the new book!! they are awesome.  And im with you i love the Aiel!

Welcome to DM!

I did that too! I'd save the latest book for my annual leave in winter, and do that :)

Archived