DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Thanksgiving Event: What are you thankful for?

Kasia

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what makes us thankful. This thread is to share what we are thankful for: feel free to share anything, from something large to small. If it makes you thankful, we want to hear it.

I'll start it off: Right now I am thankful that I have my amazing son with me, he makes everything better for me, and helps me find a smile, even if I thought that wasn't possible.

So what are you thankful for? :D

I'm thankful for my husband who loves me and takes care of me and our kitty. I'm thankful for our kitty. For our warm, safe home. For the ability I still have to work no matter how much I don't like it :tongue: I'm thankful for the orkambi and other treatments that may let our nieces and nephews lead longer and healthier lives. I'm thankful for breathing and for living and walking, slowly and gimpy but still walking. I'm thankful to snuggle up and sleep and wake every day so far. And pretty much every day above ground. I'm thankful for happiness and for the things that cheer me when happiness seems far away.

I am thankful for my family/friends, that includes furry and winged creatures.  I am thankful my oldest son got a great job and my youngest is in the Fire Academy.

I am very thankful my father in law is still alive after his health scares.

• Club Leader

I am thankful for DM, too. I have made amazing friends here and have several people I'd like to become closer to. 

I'm also thankful to have found a good man. So far, he seems very different from the jerks I've dated/married in the past. 

I'm thankful for my home and that I can host a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Our first holiday in this home was Thanksgiving, 16 years ago. 

I am thankful for great online friends who I can talk to about anything.

I am thankful that I have a great job with amazing coworkers and students.

I am thankful for everyone who loves and cares about me, and who I love and care about. 

I am thankful that i have found this amazing community, and hope to make many friends here.

The event is mot coming to a close though, so if we need a site for thamks, it would need to be posted elsewhere, i wpuld ne glad to post it, if someone would tell me where?

So for thanksgiving this year I travel to with my parents to visit my older sister and her husband, their daughter, and my younger sister. We then went over to a college friend of my older sister, who was hosting a thanksgiving dinner with her two kids, husband, sister, parents and co-workers; there were about 11 of us around the table from Virginia, Massachusetts, Ohio, Alabama, New Dehli and Dubai.

It was a really fun meal, but before hand we went around the table to say what we were thankful for. The most common refrain was that we were thankful that we were "there" though only one of the eleven were native Emirates. Dinner, we all put on a little skit; the grand mothers danced with the kids, and my father and i, joined by the hosts father, sand the refrain to Alice's Restaruant.

it was a very unique experince, and one that I am/was thankful for!

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived