DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bonjour!

Bonjour, everyone!

Some people know me as Cadeyrn but I really do prefer to be called Ryn. I hail from Australia, Sydney to be precise ad therefore I am a New South Welshman.

Currently I'm reading the fourth chapter, Twilight, of the fifth book in the series, The Fires of Heaven, and though I wish I could hold the actual book in my hands (nothing can beat that) I have to be content with reading the ebook. *sighs*

I use French in my speech sometimes and a time comes now and then when I'm using French for every second word (just exaggerating), normally because I've just been practising for my lesson or because my lesson just finished. Aye, I'm still learning.

I also happen to be approaching my sixteenth birthday. *morosely* I don't know whether I should be happy or sad about that.

Be happy! Welcome to DM.

I'd like to caution you about the discussion forums until you are finished with the series. The social groups are fun and there is a lot of stuff to do there, more than you know from an initial glance because you can't see all of the boards until you decide to be a member.

I hope you have fun here. :)

Bonjour Cher Duc,

*curtsies*

It is nice to see that there are other people who talk french in here :biggrin:

Do not hesitate to have a look around nor to ask us any question you may have !

Be happy! Welcome to DM.

I'd like to caution you about the discussion forums until you are finished with the series. The social groups are fun and there is a lot of stuff to do there, more than you know from an initial glance because you can't see all of the boards until you decide to be a member.

I hope you have fun here. :)

Aye, the Social Groups look interesting as does the RP Groups!

Bonjour Cher Duc,

*curtsies*

It is nice to see that there are other people who talk french in here :biggrin:

Do not hesitate to have a look around nor to ask us any question you may have !

*bows gravely in return* Bonjour!

*quizzically* Would you be madame or mademoiselle? Either way, it is indeed wonderful to see French being spoken here! Now you can all help me improve my own French.

About the Duke part though, I have been a bit hasty. I don't know whether I am a young lord, heir to a Duchy or the Duke himself. If I decide to change my DM persona to a young lord, I may request a name change, with the deepest apologies.

Oh I like Madame, It makes me sounds wise and powerful lol

Now, the advantage of DM is that you can have more than one personality :biggrin:

In the social groups, you only use our DM name but you don't roleplay that much. Social groups are made to chat, to discuss, to play, to meet people, aso.

In the RP groups, you can create more characters. There I am a young Accepted called Myrrhi Morrigen and a raw recruit in the Band of the Red Hand called Faydora Dasso.

and if you need help with French, do not hesitate lol

*chuckles* Aye, but I like playing pretend.

Admittedly, Roleplaying is playing pretend. The definition of roleplay as I know it is 'playing pretend through the medium of writing', however I like playing pretend and acting as, let's say a Warder, on forums and social groups as well. I don't really take it to the level of RP but it's still fun!

Is the Roleplay here active though? Maybe I just don't see active roleplays because the boards are hidden.

So do I, I like to burn people shoes when I am frustrated in the Social Groups :biggrin:

(you have been warned lol)

RP is quite slow at the moment indeed...

I've been on a lot of RP forums as well and though I've been RPing for about a year and half only, I can RP well enough. I'm still a novice admittedly but a novice first class! Aanyway, is that RP forum based on WoT? I might be interested enough to join (if the RPers skill level isn't greater than mine).

Gday Ryn

Im Dice and am from western Sydney so we are therefore the most awesome people in this thread!

I am soooo tempted to call you cad lol    im afraid im gonna mix u up with Ryrin.

and you DO get to play pretend a bit in the Social Orgs.  For example Im a Sarmation Knight in teh Band of the Red Hands Cavalry Regiment. I have a Warhorse named Bunyan and everything.  You should come say gday in the band   I will shout you a Bandy! and we have a few other aussies there too     3 of them are QLDers so sorry about that....   but theres some others as well

Gday Ryn

Im Dice and am from western Sydney so we are therefore the most awesome people in this thread!

I am soooo tempted to call you cad lol    im afraid im gonna mix u up with Ryrin.

and you DO get to play pretend a bit in the Social Orgs.  For example Im a Sarmation Knight in teh Band of the Red Hands Cavalry Regiment. I have a Warhorse named Bunyan and everything.  You should come say gday in the band   I will shout you a Bandy! and we have a few other aussies there too     3 of them are QLDers so sorry about that....   but theres some others as well

I don't really mind what you call me! I have a lot of names: Cadeyrn, Caolan, Valérian, Aethelred (yeah, they're all different personas and such).

And nicknames: Grand(ie), Sword(ie), Ryn(nie) and Cad.

Grand and Sword from when I used to go around calling myself [the] Grandmaster of the Swordsworn and Ryn, an anagram of the last three letters from Cadeyrn.

The -ie is of course what some of my (lady) friends insist on adding to the end of my names. *sulks*

Furthermore I insist sometimes on having my own nickname for some of my friends, the nicknames derived from seemingly random things. Basically I don't mind what you call me (as long as it isn't meant to be blatantly insulting and even then, I don't know if I'll really be angry).

*tilts head quizzically* The Band of the Red Hand? Really? I haven't reached the point in the books where the Band comes in but I personally would have thought I'd fit in more as a Warder. Though more precisely, I'd be a Tower Guard. Unless a certain someone joined the forum as well, I don't think I'd actually bond anybody. But aye, since I'd probably not ever become a Warder and rather would be a Tower Guard (which though has it's merits, is still different from a Warder) the Band of the Red Hand intrigues me.

if you want to visit the Band, know that the archers are awesome * nods * lol

Shes a liar

Archers love horses too, they taste awesome on a bbq :rolleyes:

stabs thane

As you see Cad we let many types of people in the band      even the delusional....

but seriously we are a friendly bunch like to brawl and talk about music and argue over which regiment is best

I haven't finished the series myself, and i think quite a few people in the diffirent Social Groups have not finished reading either.

No need to read them first, in my opinion. Usu ally, spoilers will be indicated (and talks about the books will always be mentioned beforehand)

come have a look, if you wish :happy:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/21-the-band-of-the-red-hand-social-group/

Ahh, but the Band apparently loves Music and Travelling. On the other hand, I have a fondness for neither. I'm a quiet person, a knowledge-seeker and reader but also a strategist and thinker. I may be mellow most of the time but I do have a hidden temper.

As much as the warring side of the Band appeals to me, I'm not interested in music and I like sticking to home instead of travelling.

yeah music and travel is the Official likes    reality is we are kinda a big family. We like to poke fun and screw around

As for reading the books......saves rant for later......but u can be in the Orgs without reading the books   i will even be nice if i Joust you because of it

BUT  if you dont want spoilers STAY AWAY from the discussion boards. Even some of the titles of threads can be spoilers

Hello, and welcome to DM!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but at the White Tower & Warders Social Group you can be a Warder without having to Bond anyone. We have quite a few Warders who are unbonded.

Archived