DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book 3 ='s Borrr-ring!

Eadwyn

I'm new to the series, and after picking up EOTW at a bookstore a few weeks back, I've finished a book a week since...well until now. I'm now at about chapter 29 of Book 3 and I'm bored out of my mind. In the time its taken me to read the first two (because I COULD NOT put them down!) I've only read about 3 chapters of Book 3. For chapters now its been; Mat getting better, Mat getting better, Mat eating....a lot, Mat gambling....the girls scrubbing pots, looking for the Black Ajar, scrubbing pot. The back of a cereal box would be more interesting. Please, someone tell me this all picks up again soon. :?

Finish TDR and move on to The Shadow Rising. You won't regret it. TSR is arguably one of the best in the series.

I just finished TSR yesterday, it was good. a looong book though. it was somewhere around 1000 pages. and the ending was great, I didn't even expect that. unlike the ending of TDR :wink: . (Look at the cover) :lol:

And....Bah! let's just say, Perrin gets a much bigger role in TSR.

Yes, I must say, TSR is probably my favourite. Actually, TDR is hard to get through the while you're reading it, but afterward it's not as bad. At least for me anyway. The series doesn't even really start until TSR anyway. The first three are the groundwork for the actual story.

Sadly, one of my friends stopped reading after FoH. She will forever regret it.

I know lots of people disagree but I liked COT - after reading the first 9 books - I get kind of close with all the characters, COT showed what everyone lese was doing while Rand and is party was doing something big. (don't want to put any spoilers here) It helped to catch up with all the plot lines, which are to many to count at that point, and set the scene for an amazing book 11 - if COT would have not been written so thoroughly KOD could never gave picked up so much speed.

I know lots of people disagree but I liked COT - after reading the first 9 books - I get kind of close with all the characters' date=' COT showed what everyone lese was doing while Rand and is party was doing something big. (don't want to put any spoilers here) It helped to catch up with all the plot lines, which are to many to count at that point, and set the scene for an amazing book 11 - if COT would have not been written so thoroughly KOD could never gave picked up so much speed.[/quote']

I guess I can see the reasoning behind that but it just dragged everything out soooo muuuuuucccchh. It was almost unbearable. Of course I read it like 5 times anyway because RJ wrote it but yeah lol.

I know lots of people disagree but I liked COT - after reading the first 9 books - I get kind of close with all the characters, COT showed what everyone lese was doing while Rand and is party was doing something big. (don't want to put any spoilers here) It helped to catch up with all the plot lines, which are to many to count at that point, and set the scene for an amazing book 11 - if COT would have not been written so thoroughly KOD could never gave picked up so much speed.

I'm not saying that I think that it should never have been written. It's totally neccesary to the story line as you say. I just think that, like kobra said, it just went on and on and on.. when the major events that happened in the books (won't mention them in case someone that hasn't read CoT reads this thread, and the fact that I havent finished it) could have been placed into 9 or the begining of 11.

I guess the thing that I dislike about it the most is that a huge part of the book is about the Wondergirls, of whom the only one that I can stand to read about is Avi. Perrin is doing his annoying "Faile I'm coming, I can't live without you" crap, and Mat hasn't done anyting of intrest really.

And my boy, the main character of the seires, the awesomest dude in the world, Rand, has only TWO chapters in the whole book.

Anywho, that's enough of my ranting. That's what I think about it.

book 10 is boring yes, but i have a proposal

to anyone who thinks that CoT is shite, dont read it and read AMoL when it comes out, without reading CoT before it.

Theres alot of things you think will be like...wtf?

CoT was needed to fill holes, most of you say there are too much plots to be filled, but if CoT wasnt here, i dont think as much as 50% could have been done

hey lol someone edited my post(narg) lol

Guest Fire Lord

Book 3 should have been called something else though, Perrin's Hunt, Mat to the rescue, Callandor, Rendez-vous in Tear, whatever you want, but not the Dragon Reborn.

I'm one of Rand's fanatics, and even after a re-read I can't manage to shrug off a certain bitter taste it left me. Yada yada yada, and by the way, this is what Rand is doing. As an afterthought. He only makes a cameo appearance, not even two chapters. Enjoying Randland's countryside somewhere, I guess.

And that's my main problem with the last books. It's as if he has nothing to do.

4 chapters of the golden-haired brat: does this dress fit me? It should! I am Daughter-Heir of Andor and Aes Sedai of the green Ajah!

4 chapters of Eghead: that stool's leg folds too much! It should not! I am the (spoiler)! And not a puppet!

4 chapters of Mat (I don't mind, he rocks)

4 chapters of Perrin: another knot. How long before I'm with her? Nothing comes before her! To the Pit of Doom with Tarmon Gaidon! Nothing!

4 chapters of Faile: :evil: I prefer not to comment.

Casual detour by the Forsaken HQs, another one the Seanchan HQs, proceed to the Aes Sedai HQs.

4 chapters of- Rand? (hopefully) Nah (hopes crushed), the golden-haired brat: does this dress fit me? It should! etc etc.

End of rant.

Don't know what I ate to have me in such foul mood.

But I'll read the books anytime, that's how good RJ is.

I was really excited about book ten when I started reading it because of what happened at the end of book 9 (don't want to spoil it). But when I finished reading it I said out loud: "Nothing happened in this book!". Yes I know it was vital for the story but I wanted a little more comment on what happened at the end of book 9 which thrilled me.

I agre with you telcar but that's the thing in these books. Nobody know what anyone else is doing. Nobody know what happened at the end of nine, except those that were there. A little communication and the series wouldn't have made it to 12 books!

Archived