DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn: The Original Trilogy is amazing.

Leyrann

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a bit bad for saying that I liked his Wheel of Time writing - I noticed some of the humour of the characters change and the tempo. I knowhow people feel about plot ends feeling like they ended a bit prematurely, and maybe RJ might have given us something that felt more... conclusive, but maybe it would have been the same

I could also tell the parts where RJ had done most of thewriting though, like the ending or a couple other scenes

loved Mistborn, and Alloy of Law just as much, maybe a bit more - I'd never read a 'gunslinger' novel before, and I really enjoyed it, also the way the magic system had changed from Mistborn (but with a couple enduring elements)

And how can you not enjoy his chapter-by-chapter commentary: http://brandonsanderson.com/annotation-mistborn-introduction/

ooh yes, I saw someone else mention, Warbreaker was excellent, the first piece of his that I read,very, very cool (and free!)

Don't worry, I liked his Wheel of Time writing too. Yeah, it's not what Robert Jordan would have written, but it's lighter to read imo, and well, maybe it's because I'm blunt myself, but I actually liked the way he wrote Mat more than the way RJ did.

Don't worry, I liked his Wheel of Time writing too. Yeah, it's not what Robert Jordan would have written, but it's lighter to read imo, and well, maybe it's because I'm blunt myself, but I actually liked the way he wrote Mat more than the way RJ did.

Mat was definitely funnier for me in the last three books

I really liked seeing how the Allomantic powers interacted with technology in the new age. I also liked having more points of view from someone who wasn't a full Mistborn, though we still are seeing the Twin-born rather than just a normal Misting. 

I really really love Wax and Wayne, and I've really liked both of the spin-off books so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of that series. 

Also, I've only read Wax and Wayne yet, and I don't know if you've read Shadows of Self yet, but from Wax and Wayne I got the feeling that, while there are no mistborn, we shouldn't rule out the return of them at some point.

That's what I figured the girls were kidnapped for. They're trying to breed a Mistborn. 

Also, while Twinborn is a thing, a full Mistborn+Feurchemist born that way is impossible according to Sanderson. I figure it's still possible with Lerasium (which I'm hoping we see more of. What happens when an Allomancer burns it? What do it's alloys do?)

Archived