DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about Malazan Book of the Fallen

Niniel

I've only read the first in the series... It took forever for me to get into, and the thought of continuing is somewhat daunting, although I'm well aware that most people consider it worthwhile.

It's just that I prefer my reading for enjoyment not to be so much work.  >.>

I got my classmate to read Malazan Book of the Fallen :happy:

To be honest, he was going to complete Dune, then start with Kingkiller and then start Malazan Book of the Fallen, so I didn't make a great achievement. Currently, he is reading Kingkiller Chronicles.

Your classmate has excellent taste.

Took me a while to get through it, but I loved Gardens of the Moon.  The most frustrating thing was the switch to Darujhistan right after I was getting really invested in the Bridgeburners.  I've been stalled out on Deadhouse Gates for a while now.

As for Dune, the first book is probably my favorite science fiction novel.  The second is excellent.  The third is ok.  I haven't read past that.

Everyone should read the Kingkiller Chronicles btw.

Im with Wombat on this one. The whole "new characters and the perspective changes" from book to book has always put me off. Ive been stuck on the beginning of the second book for quite some time. Maybe if I join in on Tinas thoughts thread when she gets to it I can continue onwards.

Archived