DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Back in 1991

zikang

Hey there!

I first picked up Eye of the World back in 1991.  I've followed this series like a religion until the very end.  Many of my friends and other Fantasy book enthusiast that I knew gave up after like book 7, I still kept my faith.  

I love this series.  I love the world that Robert Jordan created.  I love the characters.  I think Brandon Sanderson did a great job of completing the story.

I admit, I haven't followed Dragonmount every often since A Memory of Light.  Actually, I haven't really followed any of the fan sites since Wotamania went down.  But I have to say I miss it.  I miss all of it.  And I feel sad and disappointed that this thing Robert Jordan created, is kind of fading away.

Don't get me wrong, I admire everyone here's commitment, but when I see Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, movies, shows, comics, I feel sad that Wheel of Time cannot even sustain a comic book series.  

Not to take away from George RR Martin, or Tolkien, or CS Lewis, but I feel in my heart that The Wheel of Time Series was/is one of the best; a true classic of the genre.  I think it deserves far more attention and accolades, and expansion, than its getting.  

I guess I'm trying to say to you, the faithful, is Please keep this alive.  

Thanks.  

Welcome to Dragonmount! I totally get your point, and would love to have more WoT content, but I would want it to be quality content. The series will always be one of my favorite series of all times and something I will continue to reread forever.

Dragonmount is a great place because you can talk about the WoT and join social groups with others who love WoT and make new friends as well.

Yes, we will keep it alive but we need participating members like you. Welcome to DM.

You spoke very eloquently about the series. I love the WoT world. Come visit us in the social groups!

What our Captain General said *nods*

Archived