DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Saidar is Just Out of Reach

Early one morning, Besie runs through the White Tower, carefully avoiding all Aes Sedai that may be awake. It is still dark, but she has come to know the Tower and runs along through each of the Ajahs, wearing soft shoes to not make any noise. She had written small notes in the previous days and were sticking it to all the Aes Sedai bedchamber doors. The note read as follows:

Dear Aes Sedai,

If it pleases the light and you have a moment to spare, would you

mind sharing your knowledge? I am eager to learn how to channel

properly. All tips and tricks will be appreciated. This event shall

occur in the flower garden.

Sincerely,

BlomBesie

Accepted

PS. There will be cookies.

Setting up the garden, Besie prepares for a rough day.

The garden is beautiful during this time of the year.

garden-16-1680.jpg

GardenLawn-1.jpg

Besie was pleased to find that her Algai friends had remembered to bring tables and chairs for the honoured guests to sit at.

prodotti-91820-rele5bd870e0fc7448ea406ea

garden%20table%201.jpg

After placing two cookie jars of on each of the tables,

Table 1:

cookie%20jar.jpg

jake-cookie-jar-01.png

Table 2:

16265-doctor-who-talking-cookie-jar.jpg

e2b2_zombie_head_cookie_jar2.jpg

... Besie goes to sit cross-legged on the "practice area", waiting patiently for her teachers.

gail-astbury-floor-tiles-and-garden-scul

Edit:

Hereby follows a fun intro.

See the discussion question in post 11, here.

With the little note she had received from Besie, Chae glided to the practice area... or what was supposed to pass for one. She had almost missed the note, as she had not spent the night in her appartments. She had celebrated the arrival of a brand new wine in her favorite tavern, then had hesitated a lot about what to do after. To sleep a bit or to practice her own weavings. Sleeping had won and that is how she had found the invitation.

It hadn't taken her long to decide which weaves she would teach the Accepted. This one had shown many talents so far. :baalzamon:

Grinning, Chae saluted Besie.

"Good Morning Accepted. Are you ready for some work?"

erm... *coughs*

well the main idea is not bad  ... but for a good fireball ... you need to do this *shows the weaving* then this *shows some more*

and there u are :

fireball-o.gif

:biggrin:

please, try again lol

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25408-1426121460-20

It seems u have mastered Fire ... (i wouldn't eat fish coming from the moat tho... just saying)

*looks around to check if other teachers are coming, but sees no one*

Let's try with water now ...

Here u are:

8748211cda5b11129cebff27fe13ef1956b69500

No, mother! Any tips and tricks on how to channel?

If you had the ability to channel in real life, how would you do it? What would you use it for? And how would you go about teaching younger subjects?

I was actually enjoying it, what with the pictures, so carry on *grins*

(Just don't let it go overboard, nê?)

If you had the ability to channel in real life, how would you do it? What would you use it for? And how would you go about teaching younger subjects?

How would I do it? Well, that rosebud thing has never worked for me - I think flowing water would be a better "embracing" method for me.

What would I use it for? Many things! Healing (humans, animals, nature), helping with natural disasters, Travelling, cleaning my house, making things grow in my garden, thwacking people.

How would I teach? The good ole BT method - have them stay without hot water and hot food till they learn how to make fire or whatever is needed :P

I was actually enjoying it, what with the pictures, so carry on *grins*

(Just don't let it go overboard, nê?)

Yes, Mother! *curtsies*

I think I'm doing this wrong...

Choreographer-Luke-Murphy.jpg

Maybe water just isn't my thing?

How would I do it? Well, that rosebud thing has never worked for me - I think flowing water would be a better "embracing" method for me.

What would I use it for? Many things! Healing (humans, animals, nature), helping with natural disasters, Travelling, cleaning my house, making things grow in my garden, thwacking people.

How would I teach? The good ole BT method - have them stay without hot water and hot food till they learn how to make fire or whatever is needed :P

Well that's scary... (the last!)

If I could channel... I'd probably use body motions.

What for: Mostly travel. I don't want to "cheat" too much.

I'd love teaching others... but I'm not sure how. A large classroom like in Harry Potter.

oh my .. who is this delightful man sitting in the water ? lol

i'd use compulsion, if i could in RL *giggles*

and for teaching, yes to classes like in HP  :biggrin:

Hiarth woke from a dream with splitting images and a vivid sense of mystery. It was best to contemplate the meaning of these experiences while still fresh in memory. The courtyard had a stonework design that spiraled in on itself and Hiarth found it enlightening to walk the spiral into the center and then out again while following the path as it exploded outwards.

In the course of this morning exercise, a tingle went up Hiarthbeorn's spine, indicating the presence of saidar. This was nothing unusual, not in the White Tower. What was unusual, however, was the scent of burning plants. The air reeked of soot and fire and the faint sound of cursing scorched the gentle morning.

"That would be Bloomers. I know those words."

Hiarthbeorn followed the smoke trail and found Bloomers in the company of Chaelca, a sly Red with no end of mischief to her. Mother also stood nearby. Intrigued, Hiarth approached, sipping from a garish kaf mug.

"G'mornin'! I see you lit my prize myristica tree on fire."

Bloomers looked away in guilt and mumbled an apology.

"No worries. It is only a tree and I am trying to curb my nutmeg consumption, anyway. I may have developed an addiction somewhere along the way."

Hiarth reached out and grasped saidin, the male half of the Power. Nostrils flaring and eyebrows furrowed, the Brown struggled to wrestle the stampede of pulsating energy into control, seeking the tenuous strands of elusive Water, always flowing, ever in flux.

fac9e2fd347d22a6501452d81353622b.gif

"I enjoy Water the most. It is the most stubbornly of all the strands. You must approach it with curiosity. If you overpower it, Water will elude you. Be patient, be mindful. Often, I find I have claimed Water without even realizing that it has filled my hands. It has a life of its own, a will. Autonomy."

With a flick of two thin wrists, the burning mound was lost in a crashing wave.

tumblr_n0i4doQehJ1sdkelro1_400.gif

"Hmm. I may have overdone it."

Hiarth waved to the jumpy Mistress-at-Arms from across the courtyard.

"Apologies, Miss Heart! We'll try to wake neither the dead nor the hung-over!"

Looking at Bloomers and Chaelca, Hiarth shrugged.

"She's struggled to keep her nerves around my Channeling after that prank in the dining hall..."

Elgee raised an eyebrow.

"You mean when you whipped up a stormcloud right over her table?"

Hiarth gave Elgee a grim look.

"I was only an Accepted. It shouldn't have gone off so well. Erm. I will say no more."

*waits for Hiarth's weave to stop its effect*

FanRain.gif

*eyes Dice with a grin*

Nice to see you around :biggrin:

The lesson would not be complete without ... Air ...

11419300.gif

NATURAL%20DISASTERS%20TORANDOES%2071e6c1

It is as though you hold the heart of life in your hand, that which makes life ... live. It is the breathe of the world but it is yet more than that.

5291_350e.gif

Threads of Spirit are like glimpses of the Creator's shadow. You turn to look at something which has moved outside your vision only to find nothing was there. It is like the strangeness of deja vu, the sense of being here now in a moment in time already passed. It is the joyous crawling of skin in a moment of ecstatic contemplation and ineffable anticipation. It is like the sound of song within a dream. You know there were words but when you try to recollect them, they slip away. Irretrievable. Haunting. Uncanny.

Let me put this way. When a cat looks at something in a room unseen, you're left wondering why this creature is startled. Working with Spirit is like working with the riddle of a cat's gaze.

5153_27f2.jpeg

*stands looking amazed*

3.gif

Right... so... it's... euhm... fire... I'm not trying that one for a while...

Then water!

*tries the water again*

*gives up*

sweat_dropping_by_littleruky-d4jgl00.jpg

Perhaps that wave was enough for today in total, Hiarth Sedai.

>>

<<

Archived