DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Sort of RPs Interest You Most?

Telcia

Hey Freelanders!

I was just surfing the boards and wanted to start a little chat so what the heck; here goes:

What RPs do you like to read the most to READ? Do you find the Action scenes to be best (those filled with fights of all kinds, Channeling or Swords), Political (Hall RPs, Negociations, Manipulations, Backstabbing) or General Character Development (Romance, Inner Conflict, etc) or Others?

ADDITIONALLY...

What type to you prefere to write?

I ask both for fuel for Freelanders Staff (in organizing interesting to read/play in rps) and out of personal interest. So please, share! I look forward to your replies! :D

I'm down with all of the above. :) IMHO, all are inseperably connected. How a character develops influences his/her politics, which influences who he/she will throw down with in a big action scene, which leads to changes in character development, which leads to ...

Though if I have to choose one, I'd probably go with Character Development. A deep character that you care about is way more fun, and it requires that effort.

Guest Arie Ronshor

Character developement i'll agreee with. :)

Although i'm staff, my two cents should be worth something.. ;)

A good story line that follows the plot hooks, foreshadowing and things that generally pull a reader in (ei. not generic and boring) usually grab my attention.. although, it feels that i'm often reading mroe than i'm writing on here. ;)

I prefer to read and write Char Dev. I like developing a character and I think that's why I tend towards that end. But with out conflict Char Dev is rather boring, I think you have to have a good "story" to go with the Char Dev for it to work.

Mat/Jeremy

definitly sucker for char developement, but usually I read depending on the writer rather than what exactly they're writing about

[snipes James]

8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Total Newbie here :)

I have not done that much in the way of RP reading yet, but I agree with Muirenn, battles are about the least attractive part in any book for me... and God knows why I got myself involved in one in my very first RP, lol!

I look forward to doing some RPs about ordinary life in Randland that are just touched by the ongoings.

i love a good story. and i think that always involves character development to a certain extent... it just depends on how the writer handles it.

i enjoy reading how a character is challenged to react to things outside his comfort zone, whether it be about how he views the world, handles some sort of conflict, or whatever. i think no matter how good the story idea is, it always boils down to the characters that play it out.

that's my two cents, anyway. 8)