DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can someone help me with basic SEO?

Elgee

I finally managed to persuade the boss that we need a website, but she's gone with the cheapest, do-it-yourself option offered by our internet provider.

Oh and of course I must build it.

Now I at least know a bit more about websites than my aged grandmother, but considering she died before internet was born, that's not saying much.

The "yay" is that it's basically a "fill in the blanks" for idiots thing, with a few templates to choose from, and also a "fill in the blanks" SEO thingy.

The "aawww" is that I can't even understand that.

I've taken a screenshot of the few fields which need to be filled in - would someone who knows a bit about SEO be willing to look at it and tell me roughly what I should be filling in where?

Where is the screen shot? I could have my son look at it.

He says: "Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's unpaid results - often referred to as "natural," "organic," or "earned" results."

I've done some SEO in the past: but for me it mainly involved filling in some key words, search terms and writing some really good intro type paragraphs.

It was a website selling stuff, so we had to make sure the content on each page was different - apparently they don't like pages filled with the same stuff!

Archived