DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello from a tech challenged fan!

Kangabunny369

I'm not really sure if this is how to start a new thread thing, but I'm gonna try anyway because I'd like to introduce myself. I was introduced to the books by a patient of mine last year and I just finished the series as a first time reader. I hadn't read a book in years as sad as that sounds. One morning I was talking to my patient about the latest GoT episode and he rolled his eyes and told me I should read The Wheel of Time. It wasn't the first time he'd mentioned the series. I finally caved and bought the first book on Amazon. It took me a couple of months to get past the first couple of chapters and I felt like I was forcing myself to read it. I'd go see my patient on the weekends and he was super excited when I told him what I had read even though it wasn't very interesting to me. His enthusiasm drove me to keep reading. After a couple more chapters I was totally hooked. I wish I had the words to express how much I love these books. I can't go a day without referencing them in my head. They're in my dreams. The only person I know that shares my obsession is my patient, whom I no longer work with and is really busy with school work. Now that I finished the books I feel like there's something missing from my life! I definitely can resume a social life an get back to my husband and kids, but they're not as fun as The Wheel of Time! Is this what releasing saidar feels like?! Anyway, I'm hoping that these forums help me ease back into real life. Is my next step to read New Spring? I just read about it on another thread on here. Anxiously awaiting friends on here!

Hi!!!! Welcome to DM!!! I had to force myself to read the first three chapters and then I was hooked. I read New Spring after the 3rd book. I think you'll really enjoy it.

We have lots of social groups here and you can join as many as you wish. I'm mostly in the White Tower and Warders and the Band. Please take a look around and if you have any questions, ask!!

Welcome!

I liked your introduction. Isn't great to be able to connect with patients over something we love!

What do you do?

I haven't read New Spring yet. I've been letting AMOL settle in before I try anything else. 

Welcome!

I liked your introduction. Isn't great to be able to connect with patients over something we love!

What do you do?

I haven't read New Spring yet. I've been letting AMOL settle in before I try anything else.

I think I replied wrong lol. The reply is under this!

I'm an LVN in California. I met my patient doing home visits, but I had to quit when I got a full time job working in a skilled nursing facility. You'd think my experience with nursing would make me a shoe in for the yellow ajah, but I think I'm a blue or a white!

What's an LVN?

Welcome to DM! I loved your story, btw :)

Please feel free to head on down to the White Tower & Warders - you'll find many fellow addicts there, though the Ajahs don't always follow the Book ones exactly. Well, not on the surface anyway :wink:

What's an LVN?

Welcome to DM! I loved your story, btw :)

Please feel free to head on down to the White Tower & Warders - you'll find many fellow addicts there, though the Ajahs don't always follow the Book ones exactly. Well, not on the surface anyway :wink:

I seriously cannot figure out this forum stuff lol. LVN stands for licensed vocational nurse. Other states call it LPN or licensed practical nurse. Basically, I work u see the supervision of an RN and have a smaller scope of practice.

... so something with nursing? *grins*

I'm from South Africa - we use different words :)

So what about the forum is confusing you? (It did the same with me at the beginning, so don't be embarrased!) I'm more than happy to lead you around by the hand, as will most other people here. Except for Snarly - he's grouchy. He'll probably just lead you right into the Moat.

Welcome to Dragonmount! I know exactly what you mean. I joined after I read all the books that were out at the time because I too just had to have more Wheel of Time. This is definitely a great place to meet people who share a common interest, and I'm sure you will have no problem making friends.

As others have mentioned I would definitely recommend checking out the Social Groups. There are a lot to choose from, and though I'm biased in favor of the Black Tower, each and every group has its own unique theme, and all are full of great people.

Plus you can join or visit as many as you want :)

Archived