DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Myrddraal. Fade. Shadowman. Lurks. Halfmen.

Ryrin

What do you think they look like from the descriptions?  What do their weapons and horses look like?

I saw this today.  Gave me shudders.  I wouldn't want to find this on my front lawn.

black%20front-tn.jpg

I hope this isn't too big. On my phone so I have no idea what the image size is. Anyway I knew if I googled around for some of Nader Sadek's costume art I would find something appropriate. This one seemed fitting.

nader-sadek-mayhem-attila-mask.jpg

In my head they are nothing like ringwraiths. They aren't undead scraggly looking things. The snake reference was used too often to inspire that image. Tall and slim. Almost regal. Tight fitting plate mail if any armor at all. i really can't recall if it's ever mentioned they wear armor. The face is terrifying in it's simplicity. Always reminded me of the bounty hunters from the movie Critters. Only with a nose and mouth. 

0009-1.png

think they look like ringwraiths, as robert jordan had scant creativity outside of his ability to describe someones wardrobe. i remember when i first read the the first book, i came close to putting it down because when described the one that was first following them, it took a lot of liberties off of tolkien's description of the nazgul and it was incredulous.

nazgul_by_smeagolllum-d5fsia9.jpg

Archived