DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The WoT Companion Book: Any Special Pre-Orders?

Jagen Sedai

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Tor plans on doing something where you can pre-order the Companion book and get something with it, or maybe just pre-order off of Amazon if it's possible? I like ordering from Amazon but if there is something special going on, I don't want to miss it.

It's fine I have an American address. Amazon ships here in less than a week, it's great!!

But now that I see the Kindle.... *-* I wish I could get both, like if you order the hardcover, get the kindle half off or something...

Oh hey wow!

I just checked. Not only is the hardcover down to 20.49, but it says since I pre ordered the hardcover I can pre order the kindle version for $2.99 :ohmy:

So I did.

Thanks for asking that, I never expected them to do that.

Regular kindle is 19.99 atm.

I don't think it would make any sense to make it an audio book. It's a reference book, after all, not a story.

I REALLY hope to learn how Moiraine and Lan arrived in the Two Rivers when they did... among other adventures they might have had during that 20 year time span.

Jagen Sedai, I can't speak for anyone else who has vision problems or other issues that make reading difficult. However, I'd think it would be much easier for those people, and me who is legally-blind to have an audio edition.

As to your post, unless RJ had more for the prequels than the sentence for the Mat and Fortouna books, we won't learn much. Aditionally the adventures of Moiriane, Verin and Cadsuane would probably fill several books. Frankly they could drop the Serafelle entry for more Moiraine or Verin

I know it shows the Kindle version for release on the same day, but is that really correct? As Harriet normally stipulates at least a three month gap between hard cover and Kindle release. I'd rather ave the Kindle version, but I don't fancy waiting for three months extra for it.

I REALLY hope to learn how Moiraine and Lan arrived in the Two Rivers when they did... among other adventures they might have had during that 20 year time span.

Me too. It was supposed to be one of the 3 pre-quels.

I know it shows the Kindle version for release on the same day, but is that really correct? As Harriet normally stipulates at least a three month gap between hard cover and Kindle release. I'd rather ave the Kindle version, but I don't fancy waiting for three months extra for it.

She wanted the last book in the series proper to debut in print on the NYT bestseller list as previous volumes had. She was afraid that making the Ebook available same day might prevent that. I think she can be forgiven wanting to give that to RJ In Memoriam. Not sure the WOT Dict. has any chance of doing that.

Archived