DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings to fellow bonded.

Bonzamongu

I finished the series last night. It proved to be an amazing journey. The main reason I am here is to release my inner frustrations and joy. I started reading the series when I was in high school. I ended up reading the first 6 books (all we had) 3 times over. I took a break because I wanted to wait for series completion. I couldn't and read up to 9 and then heard about his death. I was very upset because I wanted to meet him and maybe help make a wot film or something to help bring this greatness to the world in another way. I eventually got to book 12. I waited awhile to read 13, and then another year for 14...and so here I am. I couldn't sleep last night, and am having trouble tonight. This was no regular story. I took this journey with the highest aptitude and respect for its creation. All of the characters, places, cultures, warfare, diplomacy, geography, etc was real to me as I feel I am existential-ly joining their universe. I am so incredibly sad to see it over. Jason, I read your post on the funeral and listened to the adagio. My tears come with an uneasy mix of pride and regret. Pride for having been there and regret for having known and ended such an exquisite portrait (sorry thom had to use it).

I hope I can one day visit jordancon and acquire some fan creations. If I'm ever rich I'm going to make sure this site and the Jordan events never stop. I really wish Loial was here to tell me every detail of everything because I know that would take up the rest of my life time, and then some. Since that cannot happen I hope for a similar camaraderie here.

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”

Welcome!!!! It was an epic journey, wasn't it? I'm starting my first re-read and enjoying it so much. I'm feeling like I'm back in their universe again. It will always be there, when we want it, in the books.

Have you looked around? We have a discussion area, social groups (based on the Wheel of Time like the White Tower and Warders; Aiel etc.). Then there is role play where you can write your own character into the Wheel of Time.

Thanks for the reply and welcome, aes sedai Ryrin. I've been reading some things but have barely scratched than fan surface it seems. I saw the trailer for towers of midnight, and also the red eagle catastrophe, and listened to a bunch of fan songs with rj lyrics. Also saw a pic of a guy with a great tattoo. I'm a writer myself among other things so I'll definitely take up a chance for further integration.

Welcome to DM, Bonzamongu!

I feel the same way as you about the series. I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet RJ.  I do hope to make it to JordonCon some day, too; it's not horribly far for me (roughly a 6-hour drive) but working it into the budget will be the sticky point.  :huh: I have 2 teenagers, one of whom is entering his Senior year of high school so it's going to be an expensive year for us!  My youngest will be a Senior the following year so actually the next 2 years will be expensive.  :biggrin:

Archived