DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Waltz ;)

dicetosser1

Dice walked around the wall of the Black Tower, looking at all the changes. He had been away for quite a while now but he had reason to return.

He noticed the Lighties still sticking their noses in everywhere trying to get things the way they wanted and the Shadows sneaking around causing chaos as soon as the Lighties moved on. 

Some things had not changed.

One thing that HAD changed is what bought Dice back at this time.

He had something to do.

He had someone to find.

Chae was happily busy in her lab. She had not had the chance to torture anyone for so long. The place needed dusting. Opening herself to saidin, she channeled threads of air and water to clean the place.

This place looks definitely empty, she thought.

Hearing someone approaching, she slowly turned her head toward the entrance, readying herself for who might come in.

Dice felt Saidin being used nearby. that wasn't unusual for the Black tower but there was something     familiar     about the feel of the weaving.

Following the feel Dice took the stairs up the Tower.  Realising he was heading towards the lab he began to move a little quicker.

Coming to the door Dice took a breath and prepared some defensive weaves. You never knew what was on the other side of a door here. 

Dice opened the door and stepping in sees Chae......

"Dice? it's you?"

Chae tried not to blush. She did have some very nasty weaves prepared for the intruder.

"It is nice to see you around.", she added grinning.

Acting like she hadn't been on edge, she pointed at her table. "Would you like a drink?"

The man was wearing a weird scowl on his face, did he know she was the one who had put earwigs in his wardrobe?

"Chae" Dice greets the one who has often the trial his life "How are you? And yes a drink would be appreciated"

Not dropping his defences Dice moves to take the drink. He had found the object of his return but, seeing as he was sure she was the one who put glitter all over his Ashaman uniform he was not taking any chances

"What have you been doing?" He looks over at the corner where a number of straps and pokers rested on a table "Its unusual for you to not have a lightie strapped down in here. Has something changed I should be aware of?"

Dice takes a drink trying to appear calm and in control

"I know" Chae replied, "i am feeling lonely and bored right now".

Seeing Dice didn't start a conversation about earwigs or glitters, she started to relax.

"I was even considering selling some of those stuffs", she said, showing one of her favorite and very painful tool. "this one would have given me enough gold coins to visit ebou dar. i have heard black petticoats are quite fashionable there for the moment". she giggled madly.

Then, eyeing suspicously her fellow shadowite she asked " what brings u here? "

She didn't mind Dice presence in her lab, she quite enjoyed it ... but usually people didn't visit her here willingly...

Dice laughed when he heard Chae bring up Ebou Dar...she had always talked about going there....

Then her expression changed and she asked a question that made him hesitate.

Should he do this?? It would change the balance of power around here in a fairly major way.....

the Great Lord take it! He would do it!

" I have been Travelling a lot and been away from home a long time. Lately I have felt I was     missing   something....  Then I went to get dressed one day and I came across a certain coat....a certain glittery coat " Dice glares at Chae " and for some reason I started to laugh. For the rest of that day I felt.....complete....  It took me a while to figure out that the Coat bought memories with it. Memories of YOU! and those memories made me      whole.

I have come back to ask if you would Bond with me?"

At the mention of the glittery coat, Chae started to blush. Immediately she started to think about what she could say to defend herself. Maybe she could blame some innocent cilivilan ? Then, something brutally stopped her train of thoughts.

"A Bond? Are u sure". She started to blush even more. The idea had crossed her mind, a couple of times to tell the truth, but she had never dared to voice it. The man was surely a brave and skilled warrior, a prefect dancer (no one could waltz like him), and a very good friend. He was also the main reason why she was back here... But all those threats he had recently made about public floggings....

C'mon silly, say something ! she told herself, straightening her black coat.

She advanced towards the Asha'man with her best evil smile, then channeled to fill both their glasses again. She downed hers... not for courage of course... she WAS feeling very thirsty suddenly.

"I would be honored!", Chae said with a small curtsy, her eyes not leaving Dice's.

She hadn't let go of the power ; and she felt the man opening himself to saidin.

Hearing Chaes answer Dice felt his muscles loosen

Taking Chaes hands Dice uses a VERY complicated weave he learnt in his travels. Using all the Five Powers dice weaves threads between him and Chae, relaying them over and over again until to his eyes there were ropes of Saidin between them.

Just before he released the weaves he leant over and lightly kissed Chaes cheek. He didn't know WHY that was a neccesary part of the weave but it was.

As he did this he released the weaves and felt them sink into him.

A couple of moments later he felt a new awareness.

He felt             Chae....

The weaving slowly drifted and she noticed she could feel Dice and his feelings. This was so new and surprising for her, some things were so different from what she had imagined. But she was not the only one to feel this way: it seems Dice was as surprised as her...

They both opened their mouth at the same time, then closed it. At the same time again, they took both a step backwards, raising their eyebrows at their mirroring. They had had the tendency to say the same things at the same time, but this was scary. An after effect of the bonding maybe ?

Chae thought about joking to lighten the atmosphere. Maybe she could tell Dice not to "get into trouble" from now on, coz she was "not interested" in feeling his jousting injuries ? But she decided not to. She wanted to take full advantage of this moment she would remember forever. She had recognized the weaving Dice had used, and what its effects would be.

"Bonded for better and for worse then" Chae finally said with a mischievous smile "I couldn't have hoped for a better friend to be bonded with".

"Also, we do need to celebrate this !", she added after hugging the Asha'man one more time.

Without leaving enough time for her bonded to react, she clapped in her hands signaling to some hidden minion that  stronger drinks were needed.

Looking at      and feeling    Chae dice was surprised when the minion turned up at his elbow with a drink.

Taking it with a shaking hand Dice raised his glass to his new Bonded

"You realise what this means Chae? Any one who messes with you now messes with me. They will not survive long."

Chae couldn't help but grinning.

"Do you realise what this means too ?" she asked. Dice raised an eyebrow. She could feel his surprise.

" It means that u'll have a loooot to do from now on".

Her bonded shook his head smiling, he knew that she would keep on getting herself in trouble.

Kissing Dice on the cheek, she added "I'll always be there for you."

Then, stepping back she said " We need to bring Bunyan to the celebrations! I must have a granny smith somewhere..."

Chae shook her head.. .this was one of her poisoned apples. She'd need to tell her bonded about that at one point. Some things were not safe in her laboratory... even if they looked harmless.

She went to the cupboard and grabbed a real granny. That's better, definitely better...

She headed downstairs humming happily.

** Nikon had been up late and tried walking the tower halls to relax before retiring for the night. As he turned the corner and began down a long corridor he began to feel powerful weaves coming from the lab. Nikon peeked around the corner just in time to see Chaelca and Dice completing the weaves to bond each other.  Relaxed that it wasn't an attack or fight he wished them his best before continuing his walk. ** 

Grats!

lololololololol

omg, no 50 shades here lol

i think all my belgian female friends/colleagues have read it and i refuse to even get near the book. mainstreaming is not for me :biggrin:

and thanks guys !!!

wow those minion drinks look awesome ! *hops on google to hunt for a recipe*

Archived