DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Signups - FILLED - Backups welcome... game starts July 26

Songstress

HP1_zps1glgrzqs.gif

It's that time of year again - or nearly so! The Blue Ajah's annual Harry Potter Week festivities are about to begin in a matter of days, and it's time to start the signups for our yearly mafia game.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

This is the only mafia game allowed to be held in the White Tower Social Group, because our staff does. not. like. drama... and drama seems to follow a game where people lie to one another and try to commit murder. Imagine that. :dry:

In order to keep this annual tradition, I must ask you all one thing.

DO NOT SIGN UP if you do not think you can play this game without contributing to drama. If you sign up to play, you are agreeing to do your absolute best to avoid insults, rude comments, emo outbursts, etc. If you have concerns about what this means, please message me privately.

ABOUT THIS GAME:

~ This will be a standard 13 player vanilla game - 3 mafia goons, 9 vanilla town, and a seer with a N0 peek randomized among the vanilla town players. If you have not played this format of game before, you may want to check out Yates' House of Cards game in the main mafia forum for an idea of how it will run. One significant feature of this format of game is the concept of seer cover. If you aren't familiar with it, you will want to read this post to prepare for it. Seer cover is very helpful in this type of game, especially if done well.

~ Because of this game format there will be a few rules that are not standard for most DM mafia games - mafia team members will not be allowed to talk on their QT during day phase, and nobody will be allowed to talk in the game thread during night phase. I will make large, bold, colored announcements as reminders. Please pay attention to them.

~ Also, unrelated to the vanilla game format, there will be a slight wrinkle with this game because I just can't be normal :laugh: There will be an actual Night 0 phase in this game - this will be the Sorting Hat Ceremony, during which all characters and roles will be assigned based on pre-determined triggers from player posts. This phase will last until all players have checked in and all triggers have been hit. At this point, I will call for a halt to posting and role PMs will be sent out. Once all role PMs are sent, Day 1 will be announced and players may begin posting again in the thread.

~ Depending on the length of N0, D1 may be a little longer than average. Otherwise, all day phases will be 48 hours and night phases 12 hours. Deadlines will be at 9:00 AM or 9:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, which is 12:00 noon/midnight Eastern, and 5:00 PM/AM in the UK. I will provide countdown timers for all phases.

~ This will be a deadline game. The person who has the most votes at deadline will be lynched. Votes and unvotes will be accepted up until deadline - except at LYLO, when votes will be locked and cannot be changed - at that point it becomes a hammer game and the day phase will end when a majority is reached. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determined by random.org from the players tied for the most votes.

~ Night actions may be changed after they are submitted up until the night deadline.

~ Self votes and no lynch votes are permitted.

~ Character claims are allowed for flavor and fun. Safe fake claims will be made available to the mafia if needed, so do not put too much stock in a character claim.

~ No posting once you are dead.

~ Vote format is flexible - I will accept any vote that is formatted in such a way as to stand out and clearly is intended to be a vote... however, to make sure I see it, something like bold or red text would be preferred, and including the word "vote". DM's built-in vote tags are handy:

[v]Seph[/v]

to [v]Seph[/v]

~ Unvotes are not required.

~ You may not edit your posts unless given permission by the mod. Remember the PG-13 rules, you will be instructed to edit if you break them.

~ You may not communicate to others about this game outside the game thread or a mod-provided QT.

**THIS GAME WILL START SUNDAY, JULY 26.**

AND NOW THE SIGNUPS:

1. Clov
2. Razen
3. Laine
4. Taborline
5. Hallia
6. RTE
7. BFG
8. Rhea
9. Jagen Sedai (mentored by Sooh)
10. Cairos
11. Kronos
12. Lessa
13. Dice

BACKUPS:

1. Shad

2. Mish

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tress, for newbies, how about trying to find mentors to assist them in the game?

Jagen, the good thing about this game is it's a basic game without an incredible number of wrinkles thrown in.  If Tress can find you a mentor (or someone volunteers who is not playing the game), this would be a good one for testing the waters!

Tress, for newbies, how about trying to find mentors to assist them in the game?

Jagen, the good thing about this game is it's a basic game without an incredible number of wrinkles thrown in. If Tress can find you a mentor (or someone volunteers who is not playing the game), this would be a good one for testing the waters!

Absolutely! Mentors are a great way to learn the ropes.

Count me in :smile:

I can't wait to be sorted!

I would like to play this one!

OF COURSE I'M /IN YES PLEASE

I've been waiting for a nice vanilla beginner game, I would like to play!

EVERY YEAR I WAIT FOR THIS, YESSSSS

IN PLS!

Got you all!

I'm going back into mafia retirement

It's the WT's only game and this set up sounds too fun.

Can I kick Laine out of spot #3? (Or I can settle for #7...)

Grrr... I'm playing in a HP game and skipping the WoT game... Something feels wrong about that... COULD I handle two at once? *ponder*

So no "blarg I am dead!" posts allowed?

Nope...  nobody is allowed to post in the thread during night phase, period, so once the lynch scene has been posted it would have to wait until the next day phase if it was allowed... and by that point, it's just kind of a distraction :tongue:

It's the WT's only game and this set up sounds too fun.

Can I kick Laine out of spot #3? (Or I can settle for #7...)

Grrr... I'm playing in a HP game and skipping the WoT game... Something feels wrong about that... COULD I handle two at once? *ponder*

I give you #7 :biggrin:

Really like this set-up but I don't know if I have time to go all in the way I did in my first 3 games, especially if I manage to not get night killed for once. :tongue: Maybe put me on reserve and I'll play if there's trouble filling?

Really like this set-up but I don't know if I have time to go all in the way I did in my first 3 games, especially if I manage to not get night killed for once. :tongue: Maybe put me on reserve and I'll play if there's trouble filling?

:laugh:

I'll put you on as a backup, and if we're not full by July 25th I'll double check with you. 

Archived