DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After reading, do you sometimes find yourself thinking......

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

This is my first post, although I have been reading the forums for a while now.

Anyway, I was wondering if I'm the only one who sometimes reads the books, and then afterwards realize I'm looking at everything like I was one of the characters.

Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy? :?

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

most commonly I'll find myself thinking I'm Rand and start thinking about how I should resolve a problem.

for instance- when he went to the rebels camp in Tear, (the place that fain hurt him at) i kept thinking " it would have been better if i just walked in and fried this place myself, it would be easier and faster than talking to these fetchers!"

i'm always finding myself lookking through the eyes of the characters. I'll often stop reading after a particularly moving part, and just be like "why didn't they do this""or this". Then over 30 minutes later start reading again. Or i'll be walking down the street, and run into a problem then think "what would matt do...."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny you mention this. I always read the books and think, If the Chosen are the Shadows Champions from the Age of Legends...there must have been some dolts in the past. These current group is about the most inept bunch I've seen.

I find myself wondering what I could've done against the untrained forces of light with the knowledge of a demigod and boundless minions at my disposal.

:twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah the amount of times I have thought "if only i could channel..." :P

Tell me about it. Just two days ago, I was standing in my back yard, staring up at all the dead branches on my 30-40ft elm tree, trying to figure out how to get at them without three friends, a ladder and heart attack for my insurance agent, thinking "just a little bit of saidin and...." I also thought "I bet Loial could sing the dead branches off." Anyway, the dead branches are still there and I'm still aging at a normal rate.

Instead of thinking like a character, I'm more likely to wonder what a character would think about something in our world. For example, I wonder what Tuon would think of Neiman-Marcus after her and Seleucia's shopping spree in KoD. More often, since I play harp and have season tickets to the opera, I wonder what Thom would think of modern harps and opera, especially considering his expressed contempt for Randland's nascent theatrical tradition. "'Players'..faugh!"

Sometimes I do it,without really thinking about it..

When I have been reading intensly I'm always homesick for that world. I don't wanna go to work,it feels so pointless compared to the things happening in those stories..

Last week I was wishing I had the one power,just to get a few people to listen.

Sometimes I do it' date='without really thinking about it..

When I have been reading intensly I'm always homesick for that world. I don't wanna go to work,it feels so pointless compared to the things happening in those stories..

quote']

I have to admit that I sometimes that I have the same thoughts...glad to know that I am totally alien in that way at last. 8) I often find this feeling creeps in if I have been reading when I should have been sleeping.

hey sevanna ur not alone i do that too i always wish i was in that time.. were theres not so much mechanizatoin of the world and there are real adventures happening and yea i do also look at the series characters and be like y the heck didnt u just kill that guy or say this or do that it drives me nuts sometime lol

Archived