DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Introduction Post

SCK16

Hello everyone, my name's Steve and I'm currently a college student. I have one friend who's read the series, but I wanted to join a place where I could discuss the series with a lot of people and this appears to be the place. Right now I'm about 90% done with Lord of Chaos, and I'm addicted/obsessed with this series. Since I'm not done with the series yet though I don't know how much I will be on here until I do so, want to avoid spoilers. But I at least wanted to make a introduction. I do have a question though, when is the best time to read the two shorts? Does it not matter, should I wait after specific books, or wait until after finishing the series?

Welcome!  You're almost exactly where I'm at in the series, and a month on this site I've yet to have anything spoiled, so I think you're safe.  Just steer away from the book-related discussions for now and enjoy the community.  :)

Are there two shorter novels?  I only knew about New Spring.  I'm going to wait until I've finished the series personally.  It was published between Crossroads of Twilight and Knife of Dreams, so probably at least wait until then to avoid potential spoilers.

Welcome!  Yes, Shad is correct.  Be very careful if you decide to go into the discussion area.  It's likely a better idea if you don't.  You might enjoy the Social Groups.  There is lots to do there but you can't see much of the forums until you decide to become a member.

Went ahead and joined the Aiel Social Group. Out of all the different groups of people in the Wheel of Time series, they're my favorite so far through six books.

I spend much of my time in the White Tower and Warders and the Band.  You can join as many groups that you find interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived