DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your friendly neighborhood Sasquatch

Hello, all. New here and wanted to introduce myself to the board. My real name is Kevin, but on the web and to certain friends I am generally known as Sasquatch. I've been reading the Wheel of Time series for about six years now, though sadly I'm nowhere near as far along as I'd like to be. I'm currently on the last three chapters of Book Five: The Fires of Heaven. I love this series for its character dynamic, witty dialogue, scenes of action, and the sheer epic scope that it takes on (among many other things of course, but these are probably my favourite aspects). But despite these positive qualities, there does come a point where I feel I'm struggling to get through certain sections. This mostly occurs during scenes involving Nynaeve and Elayne; these two characters just get so annoying to me sometimes I can't stand it. I keep hoping they'll eventually become more interesting but It hasn't happened yet... Anyway, just thought I'd share a little about where I'm at in the series and my thoughts so far

Hey ! :biggrin:

Welcome to DragonMount !

Book 5, not bad at all. I understand your opinion about some characters lol

who's your favorite so far  ?

Do not hesitate to have a look around (in the social groups and/or the RPG section) you may find interesting things there.

Also, watch out for the spoilers. They are often announced and mainly in the Discussion board.

Hey ! :biggrin:

Welcome to DragonMount !

Book 5, not bad at all. I understand your opinion about some characters lol

who's your favorite so far  ?

Do not hesitate to have a look around (in the social groups and/or the RPG section) you may find interesting things there.

Also, watch out for the spoilers. They are often announced and mainly in the Discussion board.

Thank you! I'm glad to be here.

No it isn't, in fact for the most part I've actually enjoyed FoH. Lots of twists and unexpected events (Moiraine!?!?).

My favorite character... that's a pretty tough choice. They all shine differently in each book. EotW - Perrin. GH - Egwene (mostly her endurance at Falme). DR - Mat. SR - Rand / Perrin. FoH - Rand / Mat. But if I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be a toss up between Perrin and Mat.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to look around for something to pique my interest.

Welcome to Dragonmount. The books are so worth it even though there are some hard spots. :)

Thank you :) I'm sure that they are and I intend to finish them either way, it just might take me a while is all...

I actually just finished FoH today and, despite the rough patches, I was more than satisfied with the story as a whole

Hey sasquatch, I'm on 11, you just have to bear through some of the chapters.... I skimmed certain ones like Elayne lol.

Check out some of our social groups I'm in the wt and band of the red hand.

Hope to see you around!!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived