Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Hallia

[Advanced] Star Wars Mafia

Recommended Posts

I don't wanna be awake right now, but I'm past the point of being asleep.

 

Reading the thread on my phone isn't good enough anymore cuz I can't multiquote, and my brain isntaining everything I want to respond to.

 

Time to go back and continue reading.

 

something that stuck out so far was Sooh saying it was a good idea to lynch AH because she wouldn't be a useful towny later. This was really really bad. As town, you don't want to lynch other town for any reason. If you suspect them of being town, or at the very least don't suspect them of being scum, you shouldn't want to lynch them.

 

[unvote]

[v]Sooh[/v]

 

Very wolfy behanvior.

 

Now, back to reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't wanna be awake right now, but I'm past the point of being asleep.

 

Reading the thread on my phone isn't good enough anymore cuz I can't multiquote, and my brain isntaining everything I want to respond to.

 

Time to go back and continue reading.

 

something that stuck out so far was Sooh saying it was a good idea to lynch AH because she wouldn't be a useful towny later. This was really really bad. As town, you don't want to lynch other town for any reason. If you suspect them of being town, or at the very least don't suspect them of being scum, you shouldn't want to lynch them.

 

[unvote]

[v]Sooh[/v]

 

Very wolfy behanvior.

 

Now, back to reading.

 

Eldrick's probably town here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VOTE COUNT! VOTE COUNT!

 

 

 

Seph(2): WomboCombo, NotBob

 

Durin(2): Dice, Csarmi

 

Leelou(3): Aiel Heart, Shad, Durin

 

Aiel Heart(1): Sili

 

WomboCombo(1): Talya

 

Sooh(1): Eldrick

 

NotBob(1): Clov

 

 

 

Not Voting: Laine, Thaneballs32, Yates, Seph, Leelou, Sooh, Zander

 

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

 

Deadline is TODAY, June 19th at 7:00pm PST - Countdown Timer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yates you better check that shot clock....lololol

Stupid West Coast time... The rest of the world uses EST. Get on our level.

 

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

darthe, why me over the others?

 

 

:flamingsword:

 

Lol amazingly consistent isn't it?  I'm still hesitant.

 

Please help, people keep saying that in a group of 3 people there's a 30% chance that one of them is a wolf.  It's so wrong I've gotted an AIDS and died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wombat, why do you think Seph is the best lynch for today?  Based on those big walls Bizarro-Me posted on the last page, I'm actually really happy with Seph as a town read.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to explain the advantages and disadvantages of seer cover to him when he was my tag-a-long in House of Cards, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to employ the strategy here as town...not so sure he'd do it as mafia.

 

He DID blow cover in the first one Maw posted, but that's null - at worst - for me.  Could probably argue that he would have done so more effectively if he was running it by a team.  

 

Him arguing about defending his townreads is definitely town points IMO.  

 

 

What am I missing in the other 77 pages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maw, statistically if everyone has the same chance of being a wolf then you should have a 100% chance of finding a wolf in every group of four assuming 25% per.  It doesn't happen this way for the same reason that if you flip a quarter a hundred times you don't always get heads 50 and tails 50... but if you keep doing it you'll be close to 50% and the longer you go the closer you will get.  So saying that there is a 75% chance of there being a wolf in a group of three is expressly accurate assuming 25% of the population are wolves.  Again it doesn't mean that there are but if you broke up every possible combination of townies into sets of 3 without repeating (like two darthes in a set) 75% of the sets would have wolves in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wombat, why do you think Seph is the best lynch for today?  Based on those big walls Bizarro-Me posted on the last page, I'm actually really happy with Seph as a town read.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to explain the advantages and disadvantages of seer cover to him when he was my tag-a-long in House of Cards, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to employ the strategy here as town...not so sure he'd do it as mafia.

 

He DID blow cover in the first one Maw posted, but that's null - at worst - for me.  Could probably argue that he would have done so more effectively if he was running it by a team.  

 

Him arguing about defending his townreads is definitely town points IMO.  

 

 

What am I missing in the other 77 pages?

a massive circlejerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maw, statistically if everyone has the same chance of being a wolf then you should have a 100% chance of finding a wolf in every group of four assuming 25% per.  It doesn't happen this way for the same reason that if you flip a quarter a hundred times you don't always get heads 50 and tails 50... but if you keep doing it you'll be close to 50% and the longer you go the closer you will get.  So saying that there is a 75% chance of there being a wolf in a group of three is expressly accurate assuming 25% of the population are wolves.  Again it doesn't mean that there are but if you broke up every possible combination of townies into sets of 3 without repeating (like two darthes in a set) 75% of the sets would have wolves in them.

 

Maw's not here anymore. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dice doing dumb things

Salami doing dumb things

everyone clearing everyone and starting over

flagrant abuse of statistics 

fearmongering

emo breakdowns

a Mynd sighting

 

this game's got it all man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@Maw, statistically if everyone has the same chance of being a wolf then you should have a 100% chance of finding a wolf in every group of four assuming 25% per.  It doesn't happen this way for the same reason that if you flip a quarter a hundred times you don't always get heads 50 and tails 50... but if you keep doing it you'll be close to 50% and the longer you go the closer you will get.  So saying that there is a 75% chance of there being a wolf in a group of three is expressly accurate assuming 25% of the population are wolves.  Again it doesn't mean that there are but if you broke up every possible combination of townies into sets of 3 without repeating (like two darthes in a set) 75% of the sets would have wolves in them.

 

Maw's not here anymore. :(

 

HE DOESNT STOP UNTIL I SAY HE STOPS

 

But really this saddened me for a whole four seconds.  You already have more posts than him I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wombat, why do you think Seph is the best lynch for today?  Based on those big walls Bizarro-Me posted on the last page, I'm actually really happy with Seph as a town read.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to explain the advantages and disadvantages of seer cover to him when he was my tag-a-long in House of Cards, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to employ the strategy here as town...not so sure he'd do it as mafia.

 

He DID blow cover in the first one Maw posted, but that's null - at worst - for me.  Could probably argue that he would have done so more effectively if he was running it by a team.  

 

Him arguing about defending his townreads is definitely town points IMO.  

 

 

What am I missing in the other 77 pages?

a massive circlejerk

 

Apologies for this I got caught up in what I thought was a cards against humanity question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×