DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salutations

Sulabri

Salutations,

I am a long time fan of the WoT books, however during the time in which they were published... I was in the military. I got an opportunity to meet Robert Jordan, during some writer's conclave with David Weber but military service forced me to abandon the opportunity. Only later after I had been disabled in Afghanistan and sent home did I get to reach out to him again, but unfortunately things just never worked out in time before he passed away, which is a shame since we lived close to each other. I did get involved in a Wheel of Time RPG mmorpg of sorts through Neverwinter Nights (original) when they had a network for people running their own servers... however it fell on hard times and once the network was shut down there was no more influx of new players.

As a severely disabled veteran I have been through a lot of highs and lows over the years but recently have come back to the Wheel of Time series and my interest has bloomed once more. Unlike my prior experience with WoT social groups.... this time I have more ability when it comes to programming/scripting & especially.... graphic arts. While medically retired, I do fancy myself a 3D animator and I simply love to draw on my wacom. I would not say I am a professional by any stretch of the imagination but I am .... getting closer to it.

What I am hoping to do is get involved in this community and do more than just type and socialize.... as I really want to do WoT fan art of a sorts. I love the worlds created by Robert Jordan and I would love to integrate with a community that would enjoy things as I explore it artistically as well as socially.

Respectfully,

Sulabri

Hi and welcome to us!

I have only been here a few months, but I have been very well welcomed here by all kinds of different people.

We have plenty of different sections where you can get involved. There's a role playing section for those who want to do that, and a number of social groups who have fun together.

Have fun exploring!

Thanks for the Gallery *hops to check it*

Digital painting wow ! i am jealous: i can't do that kind of thing !!!

and ... i almose forgot :

Hi Sulabri !

Welcome :biggrin:

Welcome!

Your gallery looks quite awesome :biggrin:

if you're looking for a fun social group, i'd like to invite you to The Band of the Red Hand. I can think of a few people here that would recommend it to you :happy:

If you have any questions, let me know and i will certainly try to answer them for you.

Once again, welcome to Dragonmount, and hopefully you might peak into our social group one day. :biggrin:

Hi!

He could be a Bander Chae!

What say TPOS??

seriously Im Dice and im a member of the Band of the Red Hand and the Black Tower to name a couple. I HUGELY endorese the Social Orgs  (looks over his shoulder for tress)

Tell us something about your self!

Hello to both of you and welcome to DM!!!

I just feel the need to advise you that ALL the members of the Band of The Rand Hand are certifiably crazy and you should be extremely cautious of ALL them and ANYTHING they have to say.....they are not right in the head!!

Sincerely,

Zander, Infantry Red Arm in The Band of The Red Hand.

I have learned to deal with the pain, since I cannot use opiates due to an adverse reaction. I have 54 pieces of surgical metal holding me together, mounted on six screws drilled into my shoulder/chest wall. Since my chest was crushed, back damaged, and arms partially ripped out due to combat actions in Afghanistan.... putting me together took a rather extensive amount of work and requires periodic maintenance. Regrowing/healing the muscles on my body and tightening them up required the use of a lot of medications and hormones which also increased my bone growth, muscle density, and creates all sorts of 'fun' things such as bone spurs and some calcified muscles/tendons (I crack, snap, and pop better than Rice Crispies). While I do have my moments, I try to remain positive for the most part as while pain is a constant companion... I am alive and living a rather good life. While my career was snatched from me in the blink of an eye and I was retired, losing far more than I ever thought I would.... I turned my disability into a means to recovery and living with some purpose. 

Doing artwork does cause me pain and discomfort at best but doing it lets me vent and release my creative energies. Yesterday the swelling went down enough from the recent proceedure for me to do some art for a friend of my in another community (Star Wars based). Here is the three pieces I did. It does take me awhile to make these pieces.... around 90-180 minutes on average, and I lack a lot of the fine flow of a professional artist... but I have regained so much from using my art as a means of release, that it is my physical therapy largely... with some other things such as swimming.

I promise to do stuff for the Dragonmount community soon! Enjoy!

20150618093706-3ea7fa9d.png

20150618103914-6fa4d9ac.png

20150618160424-ef9be079.png

you went through a lot, and you still manage to  make funnies about it all ( -> I crack, snap, and pop better than Rice Crispies) wow O.O. you must be a real tough cookie! I wish you all the best and a lot of courage to go through this recovery process !

i really like what you draw, do you have a deviantart account? I don't know if you know that community... but i am sure you'll fit in!

and, if one day you feel like it, i'd love to have lessons about coloring lol

i can do photomanipulation, but drawing and coloring on photoshop looks sooo complicated i don't even know where to start !

(help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope lol)

lol i am amazed by the 3D!

patience you said ... lol ... well i guess that must be the problem :biggrin:

I like your developpement process. It already helps me to see how one has to do, in general, step by step !

oh, and i will give you llama ! lolololololol

Archived