DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

he is also very new, and hinted at something I have a very high expectation to be in this game.

I hinted at something? I said who my Pokemon was, which for all intents and purposes is a character claim, which really has no impact on the game whatsoever.

I'm keeping an eye on whoever it was that tried to buddy up to me for the sole reason that I have a fire Pokemon. I wanna say Zander, but I'll have to go double check. It's no reason to think i'm town, and claiming it is your reason is suspicious.

Correction. It was seph.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is also very new, and hinted at something I have a very high expectation to be in this game.

I hinted at something? I said who my Pokemon was, which for all intents and purposes is a character claim, which really has no impact on the game whatsoever.

I'm keeping an eye on whoever it was that tried to buddy up to me for the sole reason that I have a fire Pokemon. I wanna say Zander, but I'll have to go double check. It's no reason to think i'm town, and claiming it is your reason is suspicious.

You didn't specifically say you have the pokemon Ciydaquil therefore it was more of a hint really, and tbh the only reason I'm even believing you're town is because of the Cyndaquil

I don't see why you should be believing anyone is town by this point (possible exception being yourself). There hasn't been anything to merit that so far IMO. I still have everybody in null. Things need to develop more before that changes.

Ok, so after going over the notes I have so far, I noticed something.

Very early on in the game. Darthe has Seph as maybe town.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

At this point, seph had only 1 post:

(image redacted for Ithi's sake)

Best pokemon.
only one I swear ithi.

There was a little exchange between this and his next read. It was mostly fluff from seph's end, but the things that stuck out to me at game-related were his thinking darthe was town, and commenting that he felt weird that turin posted his "checking in and going to bed" post. From this. Darthe upgraded Seph to town lean.

Cool.

I'm rolling with Seph and Eldrick as town, Turin as Null and a wolf between Zander/JohnSnuu.  

See you all in the morning, try to be productive and entertaining.  

So I'm worried about how he already has a town read on Seph. There's doesn't seem to be a reason.

EP that post of eldricks was pretty obviously a character claim imo. Also how many pokemon are there? like total?

I think there is now 800-900 total, but I am guessing most of these pokemon are from well known characters. Misty, ash, may, dawn etc so it could narrow it down.

EP that post of eldricks was pretty obviously a character claim imo. Also how many pokemon are there? like total?

I'm using what I know as a basis for believing it. I have my suspicions on which games this ties in with. If I'm right it means all but X/Y gen are viable.
The only way for you to KNOW this is if your character is from the ruby/sapphire Era

( game before x and y he mentioned)

Because no one has posted anything near a claim except eld. Otherwise it is speculation.

Correction. It was seph.
I posted that because the fore starters are my favorite. If you look I am not trying to buddy you, as you are one I am suspicious of.

Correction. It was seph.
I posted that because the fore starters are my favorite. If you look I am not trying to buddy you, as you are one I am suspicious of.

I guess when you say you have mixed feelings, that means you're suspicious. Good to know.

It did come off as buddying when you said i was town because I had a fire pokemon, though.

I understand that, I was wanting just pointing out I had thoughts on you already.

town

null

mixed 

mafia

is how I group people.

I feel better about you though, between this and last game where it was your x3 mafia game it feels different, a good different.

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

so Darthe, why did you try to start a train on Zander?

Made sense at the time.  Was there a question in your post about my read on Seph?

I'm sorry everyone.

I thought I might feel differently if I played as a Hydra with someone, but I'm still not enjoying playing the game. I think Leyrann is right and I should just take a long break. My heart's just not in it anymore.

I've asked Heart to find a replacement for me. I hope you have a wonderful game.

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

Made sense at the time.  Was there a question in your post about my read on Seph?

Not a question persay, just an observation. I'm watching you.

It did come off as buddying when you said i was town because I had a fire pokemon, though.

I understand that, I was wanting just pointing out I had thoughts on you already.

town

null

mixed 

mafia

is how I group people.

I feel better about you though, between this and last game where it was your x3 mafia game it feels different, a good different.

Good to know. It's the first time I've heard someone use mixed as a category, so I didn't pick up on it being a read.

I'm sorry everyone.

I thought I might feel differently if I played as a Hydra with someone, but I'm still not enjoying playing the game. I think Leyrann is right and I should just take a long break. My heart's just not in it anymore.

I've asked Heart to find a replacement for me. I hope you have a wonderful game.

can't you just drop out of your half, and have your other hyrda half take over the slot full time?

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

Not a question persay, just an observation. I'm watching you.

oka.gif

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it.  She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

Oh really? And which Ithi scum game are you referring to?

While Eldrick has gone a bit off the rails (making Dice look extremely town in the process to me) I agree with what he had to say about Hallia.

[v] Hallia [/v]

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it.  She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

While Eldrick has gone a bit off the rails (making Dice look extremely town in the process to me) I agree with what he had to say about Hallia.

[v] Hallia [/v]

All of them ever 

Fair enough. First of all, meant EP and not Eldrick! 

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.  

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ). 

[v] Hallia [/v]

All of them ever 

Surprised no one else picked up on that though. Because that was really talking out of you behind cause really who's been around long enough to have a scum meta for Ithi?

Mostly good list from RTE.  

I've been around long enough to have a good wolf meta on everyone.  Whether I do or not is debatable but you have to admit that she reacted in a way that matches her town self there.

Archived