DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

I think all 3 scum were pushing for yesterday's lynch. They've been trying to kill town leaders all game. They thought they could kill you and ML me, letting RTE take over. 

Except they've never targeted a town leader at day? And RTE wouldn't take over, BFG would.

A) They never failed to NK a town lead before. 

B) They'd both be leading I guess. 

I'll work on posting a case with my thoughts on Mash in a bit. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also notice that no one jumped at the hammer. A smart mafia team would refrain from voting until there was someone they could dispose of. Notice how Mashi hold off from voting for a while - only when she had to defend herself in an attempt to avoid getting lynched did she vote. The only others who have done this are BFG and Snow. Currently, BFG is discussing Dice (who she doesn't trust), and Snow is... defending Mash? Why is she obvious town?

You lost me here. 

Also notice that no one jumped at the hammer. A smart mafia team would refrain from voting until there was someone they could dispose of. Notice how Mashi hold off from voting for a while - only when she had to defend herself in an attempt to avoid getting lynched did she vote. The only others who have done this are BFG and Snow. Currently, BFG is discussing Dice (who she doesn't trust), and Snow is... defending Mash? Why is she obvious town?

You lost me here. 

Why do you think Mash is town?

*lol*  Darthe.  I'm sorry I don't have time to post as often as others do.  I'll try to be more active.

So, here's my line of thinking so far...

Eldrick struck me as off, but then everyone's pointed out that he's relatively new.  And I know I'm making those same kind of errors, not being experienced in this sort of format.

Darthe, he's also made me curious to his motives.  And I'm still a bit confused about the claimed daycop and viewing Ithi/Ithi's replacement.  Was that just for fun to get the conversation going?  Or was it a slip up, and meant to cover something up?  He seems diligent, which is a good sign, I think, unless he's doing it on purpose to hide his guilt.

Hallia did come in aggressively, and seemed to vote for someone right away.  Which is fine, if you have that feeling and as far as Day 1 goes, everyone is equally suspicious.  

EP is hard to read.  The "hinting" thing between him and Dice escalated so quickly, it seems sort of planned.  

Leyrann claimed Pikachu as his pokemon, which I think has to be Town sided.  It's about the most heroic pokemon--as far as the anime goes.  Unless AH was being ironic and made Pikachu belong to a Team Rocket member; I don't know AH's gaming style enough to make a call on that.  Also, Leyrann could easily be lying about having Pikachu.  So, not much to go on here.

Zander.... I can't figure out why so many jumped on him at the start.  Just the aggression and the grammar?  More's going on that I'm not aware of, I think.  (I'm bad at reading subtlety.)

Seph seems to be working with Zander, or maybe he's working with everyone. 

For Jon Snow, I don't see what the fuss is over him.

Everyone else I can't get a feel for.

Calling out

TMD
Hallia
Mashi
RTE
Thane

for an extremely low post count: Below 10 posts, which is also below Ithi and the mod.

I've already addresss this because I don't have much to add. As it's been pointed out, fluff posts can be viewed as a bad thing. I've said my suspicions, but in still letting it all sink in; I'm lookin at everything logically. I'll get a vote in soon.

So far, I'm leaning towards Hallia being Mafia because she came off so strong, but now isn't saying much. EP and Dice also look iffy to me.

I don't get the case against Jon Snow, or why everyone jumped on him. I'd like to hear about this.

Sorry if my playing style is quite different from yours.  If it's a requirement to respond to every detail that comes up, I'll try better.  It's just difficult for me to form opinions this quickly, and I'm trying to look at it from all sides.

I said in the very beginning that I had no idea why everyone hopped on John Snow.  Darthe said earlier yesterday that he was the only one defending JS, and while that's technically correct, as I wasn't saying much, I also don't see a point in lynching someone just to get it over with.  We want to catch Mafia on D1.  That's the point of the game.  EP's comment about "just lynch and figure it out tomorrow" really stinks, in my opinion.  That's not the best way to get the scum.

Also, Dice, why don't you say something helpful instead of just "try again."  I don't want to be lead by the hand, but I am a new player and I'm trying my best.

Darthe has been such a strong leader that I question his motives.  

If I'm understanding this right, green equals Town and red equals Mafia.  Here's my list so far.

Seph

Eldrick's Replacement

John Snow

Ley

Darthe

RTE

Zander

Ithi/BFG

Hallia

Dice

TMD

Thane

EP

Turin

I'm still really torn on this. 

Hallia claimed cop, but so did Turin, in a way.  Or Turin's hinted claim could be something better than a cop--is there one?  Breaking this down, in my own words.  Turin seems scummy to me, but then I held off because he said he wouldn't be lynched this game--which made me think he has a very important Town role; that would also account for his confidence.  But, Mafia is able to act confident and claim roles at anytime, too.  So, it comes down to why should I trust you, Turin?  It all comes down to he said/he said.  

And Darthe's fake claim of gladiator again makes me question him.  It seems a Mafia tactic to lie about your role.  If you lied about that, Darthe, how much else are you lying about?  It's hard to trust you.  

As of right now, I'm still leaning Hallia and Turin as Mafia.

I'd say people trying to discredit Darthe on the gladiator thing should be suspect, because if you payed close enough attention it was clearly fake. 1 The gladiator action is almost always still done in the PM, 2 Confirmed long ago all actions are night time based, 3 Darthe wasn't actually hard casing Turin while the charade was going on more or less just commenting on his reactions. The point I realised what was going on is when I said I wouldn't vote in it.

I had to look up what a Gladiator was and what it did.  So it wasn't clearly fake to me.

I'm still really torn on this. 

Hallia claimed cop, but so did Turin, in a way.  Or Turin's hinted claim could be something better than a cop--is there one?  Breaking this down, in my own words.  Turin seems scummy to me, but then I held off because he said he wouldn't be lynched this game--which made me think he has a very important Town role; that would also account for his confidence.  But, Mafia is able to act confident and claim roles at anytime, too.  So, it comes down to why should I trust you, Turin?  It all comes down to he said/he said.  

And Darthe's fake claim of gladiator again makes me question him.  It seems a Mafia tactic to lie about your role.  If you lied about that, Darthe, how much else are you lying about?  It's hard to trust you.  

As of right now, I'm still leaning Hallia and Turin as Mafia.

so your not buying Hallia's 3rd Party claim?

I don't see a point in having a 3rd Party.  The OP says:

So, the first challenge begins: trainers, you must find the members of Team Rocket.

Which would imply that we're all in this together to find Team Rocket.

Mash you are at critical levels of newbie derp.  Doc is arguably equal to cop, turin's hints mean less than dog ****, 3p is 3p and is always bad, fake claiming in a way you know is going to get caught immediately isn't smart for wolves to do so you either think I'm incompetent or you have no idea what you're doing and please for the love of god place a vote.  It's your lifeline.

I am a newbie derp, so...  I'm sorry if I'm frustrating, but it's very hard to get accurate reads.  I'll figure it out soon.

Turin taking the two in the bush (supposedly) over one in the hand is wolf behavior to a T.

@EP I called it dumb and stand by it being a wild guess.

it wasn't a wild guess. I have a ground based move as a water type pokemon.

odd, but we really need to coordinate water gun..

I'm thinking of holding mine for now, I want to flush something out first so I'm going to use my ground based move tonight.

I got low odds, it'd be nice to coordinate but you do you.  

let me get your list though. In the words of Tommy Boy and EP... "I've... got a plan."

Yikes.

Wow, went from nothing happening to many things happening. I had to read off and on while at work.

My confusion is that Turin and EP are so concerned they'll be NK'ed for "revealing too much." Then why did you reveal anything? I'm missing the point of this.

I'm sorry if my holding off of voting for Hallia messed up D1. I should have voted sooner.

I hope night info will be able to give us something. Of course, that brings up the subject of whose info will be trustworthy or not.

Jeez, Darthe! You're a raging ball of emotions! I admire passion, but... damn! *lol*

Hard to do from my phone, but here's what I'm thinking:

Town:
Seph
BFG

John Snow
Zander

Darthe
RTE

Dice
EP
TMD

Mafia:
Hallia (lying about 3p, I think)
Ley
Turin

Sorry. I'd put Thane on the Mafia list, too.

Ley, mostly its your sarcasm that's doing it for me. When I read your posts, I'm not getting much helpful out of them. Same thing with Dice--but as I've got more to go on with you (you've posted more), you moved down, and Dice is slightly above.

Darthe, the reason I don't trust you is the reason is for remains like this:

I'ma vote mash tomorrow for not top reading me

at this point it's a caricature of feigned newness to not have me as ungodly townie

this is the pinnacle of town play

Turin is having to deal with it, least you can do is not humor that

I see you doing a lot of good, but you're heavy handed in rounding up others to vote with you. That seems a Mafia tactic (as with the lying and deceiving tactic of claiming gladiator). And so far I haven't moved you to Mafia, but I'm not sure you're town.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Did that work?

Also, I'm doing my best, and I guess I just say stupid things. I'm learning, though. Tell me how to play better and I'll try.

For Thane, RTE has a point. That's not helpful to not be around, and then tell us we need to step up our game.

I'm still not trusting EP.

That's my scum list so far:

EP
Hallia
Thane

Mash, can we get a reads list? 

TMD, your defeatist attitude is reminiscent of Thane's. Not sure what it means.

Seph

BFG

John Snow

RTE

Zander

TMD

Dice

Ley

Thane

I'm wondering about Thane as well.  But im still interested about those still in the game who were heavy against Turrin....seems very likely at least one wolf was on him.

Just wondering who everyones strongest maf leans are at this point.  Hopefully at least 2.

Don't forget that the strongest against Turin was Darthe!  That's why I'm so confused about this game!  Darthe told me that Turin had to die, and that I should trust him in this.  Turin died and he turned out Town.  After that, why should I trust anything Darthe said?  I was so shocked when he flipped Town too.  This game is bizarre.

Mash's important posts from the first 3 days. This just screams noob town to me. (No offense mash). 

Her D4 seemed pretty bad, imo. 

Her D5 so far has been townie, but more confident imo. 

Well, I CAN put my finger on something specific. Most importantly, her read of me flips all over the place all the time. On top of that, she's simply the only one who I do not have any reason for to think she is town. RTE has a not-counterclaimed mafia kill, Dice is on his town meta, and you and BFG look town to me too. For Mashi, I got nothing. I know I'm wrong somewhere else, but being wrong once is more likely than being wrong twice. All right that doesn't actually have to be true. I personally consider it more likely.

Well, I CAN put my finger on something specific. Most importantly, her read of me flips all over the place all the time. On top of that, she's simply the only one who I do not have any reason for to think she is town. RTE has a not-counterclaimed mafia kill, Dice is on his town meta, and you and BFG look town to me too. For Mashi, I got nothing. I know I'm wrong somewhere else, but being wrong once is more likely than being wrong twice. All right that doesn't actually have to be true. I personally consider it more likely.

Actually, that was simply a bug. Everything was coloured even in the first one, but it didn't get posted and I tried it again, then it also kept saying "saving post" and I gave up. It turns out it worked (though I wasn't sure), but I have NO IDEA how that part wasn't coloured. I do colouring simply by ctrl+A and then the colour.

• Community Administrator

Ley, you've been on my list of scum from the near beginning. I haven't flip-flopped on you at all--only there are people who revea themselves as more scummy, so I vote them instead. I'm pretty sure everyone does that; it's gotta be pretty normal.

Ley, you've been on my list of scum from the near beginning. I haven't flip-flopped on you at all--only there are people who revea themselves as more scummy, so I vote them instead. I'm pretty sure everyone does that; it's gotta be pretty normal.

But you forgot one thing. Town does not have to do what everyone does. All they have to do, is find scum. Mafia, however, they DO have to act like everyone else does.

Mashiara's Treecko stared at the other trainers, a twig in his mouth.
"We've done well Treecko," Mashiara said to him. "Even if this ends horribly, you and I did well. It's up to the others now
"This pokemon and trainer have no darkness in their hearts."
"Mashiara, trainer of Treecko, League Trainer, has been removed from the competition"
"You still have a chance, and I am willing to grant you it. Release your pokemon"
"What is the point of all of this?!"
"All you need to know is that you are trying to find Team Rocket and to save the island."
"But why does the island need saving? Is it you? And where is Mistress Heart?"
"I am not going to reveal these answers to those who have not been found worthy. Go now and prove yourselves."
Many of the remaining trainers sighed, and they let out their pokemon once more.

It is now Night 5. You have 24 hours to submit your actions. Countdown

Archived