DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, how accurate are everybody's moves? All of mine are 40% effective or worse.

Mine are too, though it seems that, through a combination of moves, a % above 40 is possible.

I talked to Heart about that. The changes are temporary. Only for the night they are used.

The problem is figuring out who's moves you should alter the outcomes of. In case it wasn't already obvious, I'm able to do that, and believe you are too (or are mafia, and your teammate can). Now that we are discussing this, how would you go about figuring who's outcomes to alter?

Also, just putting this out here - do you people think that mafia has a certain kill, or would they have to kill through moves too?

I'm expecting that they will need to kill through moves.

Oh. even though I expect it to be a move, I also believe it will have a high chance of working.

The problem is figuring out who's moves you should alter the outcomes of. In case it wasn't already obvious, I'm able to do that, and believe you are too (or are mafia, and your teammate can). Now that we are discussing this, how would you go about figuring who's outcomes to alter?

There are, for town, several options, depending on the moves:

1. You have a move that harms someone, and use it on someone you don't trust.

2. You have a move that benefits someone, and use it on someone you trust.

3. You have a move that gives you information about someone, and use it on someone you're unsure about or want to be certain about. You can possibly reveal the outcome at some point.

4. You have a move that increases the chance of someone else's move, and you use it on someone you trust to use his move right.

5. You have a move that decreases the chance of someone else's move, and you use it on someone you don't trust to use his move right (of course, "right" is what you want, here).

Though I guess that's mostly just obvious. I'd advise you to use a direct move, not a chance increasing or decreasing move, if you're unsure about people. You may hurt a positive move or help a negative move if you do it wrong.

The other two current votes on Darthe:

yolo

[v]Darthe[/v]

also, hi all :happy:

A joke vote well after real casing had started. And he hasn't been seen in a while. 

Personally not following all of Darthe's logic here. He seems pretty pushy on everyone to get someone lynched early. Mostly just pressing the vote button and seeing who squirms. Also no one thinks he is suspicious about the lie of being day cop when AH specifically said there aren't any day actions?

Either he is really pushing for town info, or he is scummy trying to get anyone except himself lynched.

Vote Darthe

I don't like this post. From what I've seen Darthe's been pushing people to back up their cases, but hasn't been pushing his hard at all. 

It seems townie, and my gut is feeling much better about Darthe.

I also don't like either of the two votes on him. 

[unvote]

All of Turin's posts, for easy reference for everyone. 

Greetings. and Goodnight. 

Good Morning. Let me see what I've missed.

Hi Ithi :wub:

2252116_1324161979881.4res_361_410.jpg

Best pokemon.
only one I swear ithi.

Who is this? I only know the Gen 1 pokemon. 

Okay, Thanks guv'ner :smile:

Not much here so far.

I'm suspicious for my Extra punctuation apparently. Or was it for going to sleep at a reasonable hour? One thing that I have taken from ENGLISH english is the use of the full stop. You should think of me saying it like it was typed. 

Greetings.

And Goodnight.

Think Alan Rickman. 

Plus being tired. 

Why are you being nice about me and Turin?

He's from California. He has an American accent.

Star-Wars-Gif-6.gif

[v] john snow [/v]

You just voted him here. I don't know what you mean about the post you didn't quote and why that would matter.

Post 97 I technically self voted so had to revote.  

Cool by me. I like to think of Turin like the Transporter. Does he have an accent?

Oh and Ithi is playing a really calm game so far and I like it. Doesn't say anything about her alignment but it's pleasant IMO

I'm really trying to not be a total mentalist. It worries me that you like it though.

Why?  It's good to see you take a more relaxed and less self conscious approach and actually answers the below

Why are you being nice about me and Turin?

He's from California. He has an American accent.

Turin has yet to speak really so theres nothing to be irked with ya'll about and you're not doing all of this really tedious nitpicky stuff that usually amounts to little or messes things up early on.  

Pity he hasn't attempted to cop your accent!  That'd be funny.

About the last, you could try to do less shady things in early game that draws negative attention to yourself and requires days and days of damage control. :wink:

There are too many of them to steal. It is particularly endearing when the accent changes in mid sentence.

Day 1 -- with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch
Zander (1)  -- Darthe
John Snow (2) -- Zander, dice
Ithi/cory (1) -- Ley
Darthe  (2)-- John Snow, Thane
Ley (1) -- Ithi/cory

Countdown

LOL @Darthe unvote fail.

Didn't Ley say something about being away?

I don't recall but it's only seven pages (four excluding Darthe) so shouldn't take much to find out.

Turin am I town this game?  Haven't read my role PM and need you to figure it out for me.

I think that you might be unkillable indy. (where is Rags hiding btw?)  You really should read it tho it might help you figure out wht you can do. 

So far the bluster is under control and you are espousing primarily town views. I am leaning town on you for the moment.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Hmm eldrick did choose a fire pokemon.

Zander I usually make sense.  Seph, Does this mean something?

i-find-your-pqbnur.jpg

Current most likely mafia suspects are Snow and Zander. I could vote either at the present. In interest of competing trains.

[v] Zander [/v] 

Current most likely mafia suspects are Snow and Zander. I could vote either at the present. In interest of competing trains.

[v] Zander [/v] 

Are...Are we about to mindmeld?

God I hope not.

But you are making reasonable sense at this point. There hasn't been much that really caused me to double take yet but posts by those two have. 

TMD, I assume by your vote you believe the latter. If so why make the either or statement? It looks like you threw that out to make it look like you are considering both sides When you have already chosen.

:sad:  

:wub:

Most of his posts are just useless fluff. The few that are even remotely game related are filler.

He's here (as you can see his posts are spread throughout most of the game). 

He posts 3 opinions, and only one does he even try to back up.  He's coasting by.

[v]Turin[/v]

Out of curiosity, how accurate are everybody's moves? All of mine are 40% effective or worse.

let me tell you something about mafia. Just because you have information doesn't mean you should share it. All you're doing is painting a target on your back. Put it in terms of a basic game and you get the cop role. You wouldn't want to jump out and say hey guys I'm the cop. Now lets move back to this game where all you do is continuously reveal more about your role. Each time you reveal more the mafia has a better understanding of how much of a threat you are and they can asses how to deal with you that much easier.

All of Turin's posts, for easy reference for everyone. 

(Posts snipped. More than max allowed quote blocks)

Most of his posts are just useless fluff. The few that are even remotely game related are filler.

He's here (as you can see his posts are spread throughout most of the game). 

He posts 3 opinions, and only one does he even try to back up.  He's coasting by.

[v]Turin[/v]

Your reasoning is acceptable, but also keep in mind that it's Day 1, and there isn't much to talk about yet. If he continues to coast, then we have a problem.

let me tell you something about mafia. Just because you have information doesn't mean you should share it. All you're doing is painting a target on your back. Put it in terms of a basic game and you get the cop role. You wouldn't want to jump out and say hey guys I'm the cop. Now lets move back to this game where all you do is continuously reveal more about your role. Each time you reveal more the mafia has a better understanding of how much of a threat you are and they can asses how to deal with you that much easier.

Except that I haven't revealed anything about me that I don't expect to be similar with everybody else. I have a pokemon. I have moves with variable effectiveness. Nothing here paints a target on me, as it doesn't make me different than anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had an ability that affects someone else's effectiveness either. That's why I wanted to discuss it.

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless. 

If you think Ithi is suspect push her.  Seems simple.

Right but that begs the question of why he is posturing, especially to me, about Ithi.  I guess I'm not getting whatever correlation RTE is looking for.

I don't mind that she came out voting. But it's the way she did it. Her reasoning is poor on this one, in a way that rings scummy rather than careless. 

RTE I am confused. how does ithi seem town and scummy at the same time?

I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. Other than my one line about Ithi the rest of that was about Hallia. No idea how you inferred that was about Ithi...

Fair enough. First of all, meant EP and not Eldrick! 

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.  

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Dis. 

EP is correct and looks town. Eldrick is noob. Hallia is manipulative. Dice looks town. Darthe is Darthe-ing. Ithi seems town (or seemed anyways, she's gone now :sad: ). 

People aren't reading posts carefully enough

Except that I haven't revealed anything about me that I don't expect to be similar with everybody else. I have a pokemon. I have moves with variable effectiveness. Nothing here paints a target on me, as it doesn't make me different than anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had an ability that affects someone else's effectiveness either. That's why I wanted to discuss it.

except for two facts. 1 You might be giving mafia info they dont already have! and 2 you might be mafia fishing for info. 

This was a stoopid convo to have

except for two facts. 1 You might be giving mafia info they dont already have! and 2 you might be mafia fishing for info. 

This was a stoopid convo to have

Even if, somehow, anything I said the mafia didn't already know, I don't see how any of it could be used against me. It DID result in me getting an opinion from Ley as to how to use the moves. I appreciate the input. Being an experimental game, it's nice to look into the mechanics that make this game different.

and I'm not mafia, and I'm not fishing for info. I actually reworded what I said because it came across as fishing, and that wasn't my intent.

I'm asking cory what he'd like to do about replacing Ithi. If he doesn't reply by the time I get home from work this evening then I'll go ahead and replace them.

Day 1 -- with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch
Zander (2)  -- Turin, seph
John Snow (4) -- Zander, dice, Darthe, Hallia
Darthe  (1)-- TMD
Ley (1) -- cory
Hallia (3) -- Firebird, RTE, Hallia
Turin (1) -- John Snow

Countdown

so, something i've been wondering while reading the thread:

- How many members would Team Rocket have? 3 or 4?  

- is a third party likely, or not?

- where is Firebird (slot3)?

after reading through everthing in one go, here's what i feel could be possible:

Darthe

Eldrick

seph

Ithi
 dice
 Ley

Turin

Mashiara

Firebird

Zander

Jon Snow

Hallia

TMD

RTE

It's up to down, most likely town to least likely...  

I'll follow the thread from now on, as good as i can, depending on workcharge

Archived