DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

scares was for me, it doesn't help that I hadn't been mafia for a year, so don't really know what to do lol. You don't seem to have fun when you're not town though, I don't think I do either. I have other super secret tells on you, I'm not too fussed about that one being open :p

I enjoy being able to speculate about game setup in the QT though :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

47fe80_2810900.jpg

Best Gen 1 starter tbf.  Bulbasaur is amazingly OP compared to the other two.

Post game I gotta give credit to JS.  You pinged early on but were quickly able to get out ahead of a lot of townies and maintain that most of the game.

RTE, clutch shooting man.  

AH, I enjoyed your game.  I think the balance was good (near as I can tell, it's tough with all the %s) and you've been a good mod.  I have some qualms wondering if this wouldn't be a town win had EP remained in the game and had we not had our lynch taken from us D1 but in the end it doesn't matter much.  You made a fun game to play in and it came out really well =)

AH, thanks for hosting this interesting game. I wish i could have followed and be active from the start. Let me know when you have another one :wink:

Haha I actually have a wild idea that I kicked out of this one because I decided that it would make for too crazy of a game.

It involves evolution...

Gg everyone. Evolution would be fun. I did a similar thing in the lego harry potter mafia game :)

Sorry I left the game. I discovered I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Thanks for taking my place bfg :)

Yea loved that game and the mechanics worked very well.

BUT I am blaming you for this one :tongue: (Joking Not Joking).

Also you can't say you never roll Mafia now. But you've managed to preserve having no Mafia meta :dry:

I had suspicions of Ithi being mafia at the start I have enough meta-data on Ithi to have a feeling when she's mafia. This is the first time she was mafia and not on my team though, I just wasn't sure how to go about approaching it. Then Ithi replaced out and I forgot who took her place so that spot fell off my radar.

Wow Town had a lot of protection oO

We were super lucky with NA

High 5's John and Seph, good calls :)

Well, not to brag or anything but I'm kind of a big deal :tongue:

For the last 2 quotes. I wasn't supposed to die. AH flubbed up and didn't count my vest. Now that the game is over, my strategy was to draw a night kill claim unkillable in thread (use the amount of claimed vig shots as logical reasoning that their'd be atleast 1 unkillable) and just follow people each night. I had Seph marked as mafia. John Snow was on my priority of follows, but so was Dice. I was sure Mashi was mafia u.u.

This is the worst read you've ever made and that's saying something

This shows that you no practically nothing about Pokemon.  Unfortunately I know a lot about it and Venusaur is by far considered to be the best of the three in any advanced competitive play.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/venusaur/

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/charizard/

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/blastoise/

Note that until Charizard got a mega Venusaur was the only one of them in OU for... I want to say three generations?  Maybe four?  Venusaur has been used as a psuedo-uber before.  The reason is that you can buff it in such a way that, barring a buffed legendary like a Mewtwo or Blaziken who has STAB and speed and type advantage, it basically can't be killed.  

I LOVE setting up a sludge bomb, giga drain, sleep powder, growth Venusaur in the sun.  Better yet if you can include a fire move and baton pass a couple of sp atk boosts into it you get a pokemon that is running at 160 base speed, 200 base sp atk and is super effective against all but three types, can poison, put to sleep and can heal itself generally 80-150 hp while 2hko'ing most threats in the tier.   

Actually scratch that.  No pokemon resists all three and only four are not weak to one of the three.  Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure and Dragalge.  The first two are pre-evolutions of Chandelure who is UU and Dragalge is also UU though I've seen him in OU.  

Basically nothing in Pokemon is going to be an outright wall to Venusaur.  The only legitimate hope is to toss something in that can OHKO it and that requires speed boosts from the Sun or eliminating it's speed boost because nothing has higher speed than it does in the sun (160 is on par with Ninjask).

@AH

Was the balance intentional? We had 20% mafia with no guaranteed NK? And every townie a PR? Given, we pulled it off, just felt a bit stacked against us. 

Also, thank god for no mass claims. No rule against it and it would've ended the game so quickly. 

I tried to make it balanced with percentages, and with having things that could counteract any action. I had this whole complicated formula that I forgot to actually save once I'd figured it all out >.> 

btw  my solo win con  it was too low imo  5% is never gonna work.

also i copped BFG that last night   did it actually succeed AH?

Yeah I toyed back and forth with how big to make that percentage--you were meant to be a survivor first and for most though. Might make it 10-15% in the future though

AH, I enjoyed your game.  I think the balance was good (near as I can tell, it's tough with all the %s) and you've been a good mod.  I have some qualms wondering if this wouldn't be a town win had EP remained in the game and had we not had our lynch taken from us D1 but in the end it doesn't matter much.  You made a fun game to play in and it came out really well =)

Yeah that one is going to eat away at me for a while. My greatest mistake as mod! :'( I'M SORRY

This shows that you no practically nothing about Pokemon.  Unfortunately I know a lot about it and Venusaur is by far considered to be the best of the three in any advanced competitive play.

Note that until Charizard got a mega Venusaur was the only one of them in OU for... I want to say three generations?  Maybe four?  Venusaur has been used as a psuedo-uber before.  The reason is that you can buff it in such a way that, barring a buffed legendary like a Mewtwo or Blaziken who has STAB and speed and type advantage, it basically can't be killed.  

I LOVE setting up a sludge bomb, giga drain, sleep powder, growth Venusaur in the sun.  Better yet if you can include a fire move and baton pass a couple of sp atk boosts into it you get a pokemon that is running at 160 base speed, 200 base sp atk and is super effective against all but three types, can poison, put to sleep and can heal itself generally 80-150 hp while 2hko'ing most threats in the tier.   

I am Heart and I approve this post

210px-May_Bulbasaur.png

impressed :)

I just got into competitive play in pokemon eerr x and y I believe. 

I basically reject everything that happened after Gen III

That might have changed if my siblings had let me borrow their versions of... I think Black/White came after Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald? Whatever the Gen IV game was. 

47fe80_2810900.jpg

Post game I gotta give credit to JS.  You pinged early on but were quickly able to get out ahead of a lot of townies and maintain that most of the game.

RTE, clutch shooting man.  

Prob my fave post of yours all game :wink: 

who cares about competitive play

in the actual game his type and moveset are not as good as charmander/squirtle simply because 80% of your opponents are team rocket poison pokemon

Is why you go charizard!

who cares about competitive play

in the actual game his type and moveset are not as good as charmander/squirtle simply because 80% of your opponents are team rocket poison pokemon

Lol I can show you if you'd like.  Check out PokeMMO btw, it's basically fireRed and LeafGreen but as an MMO where you can trade/battle other people and they are all running around in the world chatting and etc

Archived