DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall but it's only seven pages (four excluding Darthe) so shouldn't take much to find out.

Turin am I town this game?  Haven't read my role PM and need you to figure it out for me.

I think that you might be unkillable indy. (where is Rags hiding btw?)  You really should read it tho it might help you figure out wht you can do. 

So far the bluster is under control and you are espousing primarily town views. I am leaning town on you for the moment.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Hmm eldrick did choose a fire pokemon.

Zander I usually make sense.  Seph, Does this mean something?

i-find-your-pqbnur.jpg

Current most likely mafia suspects are Snow and Zander. I could vote either at the present. In interest of competing trains.

[v] Zander [/v] 

Are...Are we about to mindmeld?

Current most likely mafia suspects are Snow and Zander. I could vote either at the present. In interest of competing trains.

[v] Zander [/v] 

Are...Are we about to mindmeld?

God I hope not.

But you are making reasonable sense at this point. There hasn't been much that really caused me to double take yet but posts by those two have. 

Sorry I wasn't around as much today I had a interview, and got to do a ride along with some employees there. I will be on tomorrow though if anyone wants to get some real time in.

[v] Zander [/v]

I agree here, there start of the game seemed off. I am leaning more towards zander atm.

His answer to my question isn't sitting right with me.

You may welcome your new overlord this game

always-be-darth-batman-19327.png

Villigeary post.

That is just a darthe post, How is it villigeary.

did you just say that because he referenced batman zander...

.....I like Batman.....

I know he loves batman, but it feels like he was using this to avoid the question.

[vote] Zander [/v]

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure. Maybe Seph as well.

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread. Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.

I don't expect anyone to buy it. That would be stupid to assume I'm town without reason. I'm just glad I am.

Personally not following all of Darthe's logic here. He seems pretty pushy on everyone to get someone lynched early. Mostly just pressing the vote button and seeing who squirms. Also no one thinks he is suspicious about the lie of being day cop when AH specifically said there aren't any day actions?

Either he is really pushing for town info, or he is scummy trying to get anyone except himself lynched.

Vote Darthe

Okay here's my reasoning on why I voted for Hallia, The first 2 quotes are of Eld's very poor choice of game start that has beginner written all over it.

Yay! Finally town!

cyndaquil.jpg

Cyndaquil, I choose you.

Cmon buddy, let's go find us some team rocket.

I read the second post as him claiming to have Cyndaquil, which I have a very high reason to believe is in this game. Again a very rookie mistake that I comment on below in the bold.

I just got the notification this had started. Stupid playing video games for work takes up all my time. There really isn't that much to go on as far as the whole Day Action lie, but it'd be good to jot it down for future reference if we ever have a read on either one. 

Whoever it was that posted the cyndaquil pic at the start rubs me as a very new player, can't be bothered to go back again to look for his name even though it's on page 1. 

For the record Darthe gave 2 lies in this thread already, he promissed only the 1 image on page one, and then later posted the Darth Batman image.  (irrelevant line that I retract later)

The whole wolf terminology speculatory comments are hogwash, you know what it means, what people choose to use has no actual bearing on the game.

On that note *shoots water in everybody's face and does a happy dance* I'm off to bed.

Yay! Finally town!

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.  

Here is Hallia's first post. I'm pretty sure by this point we'd all written off Eld as a beginner townie and Hallia tries to throw offhanded suspicion onto him.

At the same point Hallia also tries to divert the suspicions off of Zander without giving reason with another offhanded comment that was placed to look like an "oh by the way I don't really care but..." comment

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

Here Hallia jumps on the slowly building Jon train for the worst logic. It was blatant why he said to pretend DA weren't ruled out, and also the fact that Darthe was making meta-esque comments towards Jon the second half of her post is just silly.

Day 1 -- with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch
Zander (2)  -- Turin, seph
John Snow (4) -- Zander, dice, Darthe, Hallia
Ithi/cory (1) -- Ley
Darthe  (3)-- John Snow, Thane, TMD
Ley (1) -- Ithi/cory
Hallia (1) -- Firebird

Countdown

EP looks town to me.  I like that.

@TMD u serious Clarke?

Looks pretty serious imo

My town list is

darth

Slight town

Ithi

Darthe you going to be around tomorrow around 9 or 10 your time?

@TMD u serious Clarke?

Looks pretty serious imo

My town list is

darth

Slight town

Ithi

could you give some insight into the game? maybe comment on some of the trains or cases? This just looks like a mafia trying to "put his two cents in" without actually saying anything meaningful.

@TMD u serious Clarke?

Looks pretty serious imo

My town list is

darth

Slight town

Ithi

Maybe, why?

Because of my town reads?

OK well I will go in more depth.

Darth is the only one attempting to scum hunt. Most of people's reads have come from interactions he has forced. As for his early game comment I don't look into it much as he knew about the night actions. A smart mentor once told me darthe does nothing on accident. He usually calculates everything.

I really like the way ithi has started.this game, I don't know what cory said to her but she isn't causing a commotion, which usually makes.it more difficult to read people.

I have a question for you. Why does halliah's reasoning for voting bad logic to you. I think distraction is something used by mafia, and can be a cause for concern.

I didn't really see the meta part, as this is my 2nd game with snow, but I do not agree voting because of mentioning meta.

Because of my town reads?

OK well I will go in more depth.

Darth is the only one attempting to scum hunt. Most of people's reads have come from interactions he has forced. As for his early game comment I don't look into it much as he knew about the night actions. A smart mentor once told me darthe does nothing on accident. He usually calculates everything.

I really like the way ithi has started.this game, I don't know what cory said to her but she isn't causing a commotion, which usually makes.it more difficult to read people.

I have a question for you. Why does halliah's reasoning for voting bad logic to you. I think distraction is something used by mafia, and can be a cause for concern.

I didn't really see the meta part, as this is my 2nd game with snow, but I do not agree voting because of mentioning meta.

Her reason for voting Jon was based on him explaining his early thought process of what Darthe was doing before the realization of no Day Actions. It was a direct response to someone else's questioning not a distraction from the game as Hallia clames it to be.

Archived