DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have arrived.

RTE why did you leave, you just arrived.

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

Also mostly just checking in for now. Everything else I wanted to point out already seems to have been addressed.

*finds a mirror*

*narrows eyes at self*

You shir look surspiscious!

You sir, are being hunted (by wolves, this is a townie intro, adding the to my light town pile)

Not sure why you needed to add the wolves part here.

I don't recall but it's only seven pages (four excluding Darthe) so shouldn't take much to find out.

Turin am I town this game?  Haven't read my role PM and need you to figure it out for me.

2252116_1324161979881.4res_361_410.jpg

Best pokemon.

only one I swear ithi.

Who is this? I only know the Gen 1 pokemon.

Hi lovely. Darthe wants you to do your best Dick van Dyke impression.

Cory blimey Mary poppins.

I missed that before but @Seph why did you mention me in that post?

oops I thought that image was posted by Darthe, so I retract my comment about Darthe lieing twice in thread as he wasn't the poster of this image/promise of only one image.

• Community Administrator

Hi all! I'm Mashi, and this is my second Mafia game (though I did get to play Werewolf at JordanCon a few weekends ago). I'm new and don't understand a bunch, but I'll try to keep up!

So, reading through everything so far, this is the only thing that really jumped out at me.

Thanks for pinning it ley.

The first game I played in everyone was saying wolf a bunch, and it is hard to get away from. I like it because wolf just sou ds better imo.

darthe was one of them in that game though.

It seems like a throw away comment--why he used "wolf" vs "mafia"--but that last line added in to accuse Darthe just felt forced. Why should it matter if he was "wolf" then? It's pointless to bring it up.
Mashing gets a D1 pass for thinking asinine = wolfy. Good newbie logic in this post

Well, I am White Ajah.

On that note, why would anyone on Day 1 claim to be Town or to reveal their role? If you do any of that, it makes me question the motives.

Eldrick said:

That would depend on your definition of a "very new player". I played a few games several years ago. I got annoyed at something, and took a break. A long one. I finally came back recently, and have played 3 games since. All 3 times, I was mafia. I'm glad to finally be town. I am in no way an experienced player. I am a logical thinker though, and figuring out mechanics comes easily to me. Reading people, not so much.

While statistically, I think it does seem improbable for him to be Mafia every single time, but it is possible. And flat out saying you're Town just seems off.

And Darthe claiming Day Cop. I don't know the specifics of that (I'll look it up later--I'm at the movie theater right now and trying to do this quick). But to me, if someone is a Day Cop, it would be a double agent--someone who seems Town during the Day, but then turns at Night. Is that even a possibility?

Yea that was confusing... basically we need more people to post, is what I am getting at here.

We still have alot of time though with game days being 3 days time.

Maybe we can get people besides darthe to help move the thread.

Maybe we can, maybe not.  I'ma work with what is here atm and bark at the rest of them later.

@Mashiara (I think I was in the first game you played), changing alignment at night is possible but would be a rare role and a daycop has nothing to do with that.  Day cop is like night cop but they submit in the day and I'd point out that I claimed a role, not an ability which is all that AH commented on on page 1.  

In any case, claiming town means nothing so everyone can do it at any time with little to no consequence save for it's meaning in the context of any particular situation.  Claiming a role is a bad idea early on unless you have a designated result you want to get from it or if you want to provide cover for an investigative game you think exists in the game.  

Always question the motives anyhow, it's a good practice to maintain.

Yay! Finally town!

Thank you for breaking the chain, Heart.

I....don't know if I buy it.

God I love Pokemon.

Eldrick is town for sure.  Maybe Seph as well.  

[v] Zander [/v]

Follow me asap or be branded a wolf later

Gross.

Six posters, high likelihood that we already have a wolf in thread.  Not enough to go off of but IMO I'd go ahead and put Eldrick and John snow as town and might drop Seph back to null for being foppish but idk him well enough to really make that assertion yet.  

Talk to me

Why are you trying to channel Correh?

So far Zander's posts look good to me.  

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

He's asking and answering questions, trying to clarify where he may be misunderstood and seems to be unafraid of defending himself.  General tone is townie.

now the real question is what is the general tone of an EP?

regardless I find it hard to believe the mafia would have Eld play the newbie town act. It notoriously gets shut down around here, especially for someone who has played a few games.

on the other hand this game is going relatively slower than I'm used to...

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

-snip-

Ewwww. Pretend we had day actions?  Why are you trying to distract with things that are untrue?

And ewwww, accusing someone of using meta against you already?

Vote: John Snow

A) He asked me to walk him through my thought process, which made more sense when I thought there was a chance of him have the DA he claimed

B) See size 24 font. That is still called meta here, isn't it?

-snip-

And Darthe claiming Day Cop. I don't know the specifics of that (I'll look it up later--I'm at the movie theater right now and trying to do this quick). But to me, if someone is a Day Cop, it would be a double agent--someone who seems Town during the Day, but then turns at Night. Is that even a possibility?

AH Confirmed in like the 3rd posts that all actions are NAs. He wasn't claiming anything, probs just seeing who was skimming. 

It's morning for you darthe? 11pm here, I will probably go to sleep soon.

So far I have a town read on darthe.

This is my 3rd game with zander, I usually trouble reading him at the start of games.

Turin post worries me. Seems like he was posting to show us he was here and then left.

Why is that a reason to worry? The game started when he didn't have time to play. He acknowledged that the game started.
Answered in these lower to posts eldrick

Well forget my excuse for being tired at 11 lol.

I know turin is busy when he is on the road, I just expected a bit more than hello, and goodbye.

@zander that is a good suggestion from cory. Last game when you were town it made it easier to read.

Also the turin question is above. It doesn't have anything to do with the sk game. However I won't forget it. I honestly feel like I am getting slowly better at reading him, but it is really difficult.

@darthe it raises a fos for me. I don't think it merits a vote though. I was wrong last game on him when I tried to read him early game. I want to wait until he gets more posts.

He is null maybe slightly under that for now.

Ya. Sorry. I hadn't caught up yet. I do that. :P

im liking Darthes start to the game but I have a question. Who did he replace?

Also while im giving stupid questions for 500 a go......@ Ithi for clarity cause im confused which game were u hydraing with AJ in? I thought it was this one.

I think JS may have jumped a little too early at darthe

vote Jon Snow

Too early is bugging me in this post. clarify when you see this

It was early game and i saw no real reason for him to jump at you.  

Archived