DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leyrann spends the most of his posts Sniping at Darthe. In fact he seems a bit snipey all round.

Leyrann confirms his vote on me is for no other reason than I laughed at him for locking the thread.

But Leyrann is still voting for me...

[V]Leyrann [/v]

Hi Ithi, should I be townreading you yet?  Also, how busy is Turin gonna be this game?

Wait a sec, that's not right.

[v] John Snow [/v]

Better

You know you were already voting him right?

Because I didn't quote the final vote from RTE I technically voted myself there so needed to replace my vote

Leyrann spends the most of his posts Sniping at Darthe. In fact he seems a bit snipey all round.

Leyrann confirms his vote on me is for no other reason than I laughed at him for locking the thread.

But Leyrann is still voting for me...

[V]Leyrann [/v]

Hi Ithi, should I be townreading you yet? Also, how busy is Turin gonna be this game?

We've both got the weekend off but then he's gonna be driving and driving and driving as usual. It's what he does.

I don't know how anyone town reads anyone in this game.

Cool by me.   I like to think of Turin like the Transporter.  Does he have an accent?

Oh and Ithi is playing a really calm game so far and I like it.  Doesn't say anything about her alignment but it's pleasant IMO 

Cool by me. I like to think of Turin like the Transporter. Does he have an accent?

Oh and Ithi is playing a really calm game so far and I like it. Doesn't say anything about her alignment but it's pleasant IMO

I'm really trying to not be a total mentalist. It worries me that you like it though.

[v] john snow [/v]

You just voted him here. I don't know what you mean about the post you didn't quote and why that would matter.

Post 97 I technically self voted so had to revote.  

Cool by me. I like to think of Turin like the Transporter. Does he have an accent?

Oh and Ithi is playing a really calm game so far and I like it. Doesn't say anything about her alignment but it's pleasant IMO

I'm really trying to not be a total mentalist. It worries me that you like it though.

Why?  It's good to see you take a more relaxed and less self conscious approach and actually answers the below

Why are you being nice about me and Turin?

He's from California. He has an American accent.

Turin has yet to speak really so theres nothing to be irked with ya'll about and you're not doing all of this really tedious nitpicky stuff that usually amounts to little or messes things up early on.  

Pity he hasn't attempted to cop your accent!  That'd be funny.

2252116_1324161979881.4res_361_410.jpg

Best pokemon.

only one I swear ithi.

Who is this? I only know the Gen 1 pokemon.

Hi lovely. Darthe wants you to do your best Dick van Dyke impression.

Cory blimey Mary poppins.

I missed that before but @Seph why did you mention me in that post?

Not much here so far.

I'm suspicious for my Extra punctuation apparently. Or was it for going to sleep at a reasonable hour? One thing that I have taken from ENGLISH english is the use of the full stop. You should think of me saying it like it was typed. 

Greetings.

And Goodnight.

Think Alan Rickman. 

Plus being tired. 

Role PMs going out.

Also, in hindsight, this game is more "experimental" than "kitchen sink"

Oh well. Whatever its label, it'll be fun :P

Bastard mod confirmed

[Vote] AH [/vote]

I'm going to choose to ignore this and the successfully tagged vote that came after this >.> 

(I hope no one noticed me locking it first instead of pinning... Anyway it's now pinned. On to read it.)

YOU LOCKED MY GAME?!?!?!?! I should give you a post restriction for that! 

There's actually many different types of American accents. Actually when I moved over ONE STATE when I was younger I was asked what country I was from o.O 

Midwestern is the "typical" American accent by many people's standards, but the northeast, north and south at least have very strong accents. Haven't been out west enough to know if there's a "western accent" though... I don't think I recall Turin having one when I skyped him before... *Ponders*

Oh yeah vote count

[v] john snow [/v]

You just voted him here. I don't know what you mean about the post you didn't quote and why that would matter.

Post 97 I technically self voted so had to revote.  

Why?  It's good to see you take a more relaxed and less self conscious approach and actually answers the below

Turin has yet to speak really so theres nothing to be irked with ya'll about and you're not doing all of this really tedious nitpicky stuff that usually amounts to little or messes things up early on.  

Pity he hasn't attempted to cop your accent!  That'd be funny.

About the last, you could try to do less shady things in early game that draws negative attention to yourself and requires days and days of damage control. :wink:

There are too many of them to steal. It is particularly endearing when the accent changes in mid sentence.

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

Has Darthe STILL not managed to vote Snow.

He's doing a really good job of not voting him lmao

Irks me every game when you point this out ).) Idk why

@AH Unvoting seems uneccesary but unvote vote john snow If you insist

-snip-

I don't follow the conclusions reached in any part of this post. Js gimme your thought process cause atm you look like a wolf reacting to my vote, something you were never great at.

Alright, lemme walk this through for you then. Pretend for a sec that day actions might have been a thing. It makes more sense that way.

So for starters you're claiming to be a day cop. People will automatically tend to go "Oh cool we have a day cop" or "Darthe's lying scum, let's kill him."

You reinforce the former by posting tons of opinions. People tend to associate people that they agree with (not people that agree with them) as being town. Posting tons of different (if not quite opposing) opinions gives a large chance that people are going to agree with at least some of them as they catch up/read the thread for the first time (considering like half of the people haven't even checked in yet). 

Now the above two combine to create a "follow the cop" mentality. Now this works very well for mafia, considering moves (or at least, all of mine) are % shots, so even if any real cop roles we have decide to check you, they could waste a lot of time just getting the % to fire. This also leads into the fact that there's no one to CC the cop role, since with all the different moves, it's feasible that there are multiple pokemon with some sort of cop move. 

Now with town following you, you can freely lynch townies for a couple days, maybe even throw in a buddy to appease them, until you have the numbers you need to win. 

Now knowing that the DA is BS shoots this theory to hell. But my second and fourth paragraphs stand without it. Kind of. I still think you're trying to get town to follow you. 

I guess this could just be

Wow I forgot how much Darthe posts during mafia.

-snip-

your new meta. Like I said, it's like 60% a gut feeling without the cop thing.

Also, you're trying to meta me. That's cute.

If you want to work under the assumption that I am that blatant, that logic that convoluted holds up under time or that intrigue is that clearly defined in the real world you can but it's not going pan out.  

I'm town and thus my role is to figure things out.  I don't know how you do that without posting opinions, making changes and shifting things around.  Nobody is going to volunteer to out themselves as mafia so eventually someones got to put in effort to find those people.

Also not particularly a fan of your narrow pick 1 or 2 approach to this response.  It's not a mark against you as of now I just think you'd do better if you considered that things don't have to directly equate to anything.

Archived