DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia IV: The Mystery of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TEAM ROCKET WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well for now im wanting to read darthe as a slight town lean.  he seems town-y trying to drive the game and make reads though he could do that both as town or maf. his "claim" even if joking still seems off to me though.

read as "I'll say I read him town until you guys build a case on him then I'll switch my stance."

read it as you will.  last game i played with him I had Darthe as Maf the whole game and he was town.  It seems to me thats hes town but capable of pulling it off as maf.  his "claim" is just off putting to me.

And seeing if Ithi would try to use it.  She tends to be overzealous as scum so it helps me to get an early good read of her.

Oh really? And which Ithi scum game are you referring to?

While Eldrick has gone a bit off the rails (making Dice look extremely town in the process to me) I agree with what he had to say about Hallia.

[v] Hallia [/v]

How exactly did I go off the rails? I haven't interacted with dice at all. He hasn't done anything to warrant my attention. How has what I said changed your opinion of him?

yea I don't think he ment you eld

There is plenty of shady stuff going on without guesswork Mashiara.  I'd rather have RTE explain than you give him outs.

Zander, you're showing that you don't quite know what you're trying to do yet (which is fine, it takes a bit).  Don't let that get in the way of making good reads.  

well for now im wanting to read darthe as a slight town lean.  he seems town-y trying to drive the game and make reads though he could do that both as town or maf. his "claim" even if joking still seems off to me though.

read as "I'll say I read him town until you guys build a case on him then I'll switch my stance."

read it as you will.  last game i played with him I had Darthe as Maf the whole game and he was town.  It seems to me thats hes town but capable of pulling it off as maf.  his "claim" is just off putting to me.

Let me introduce you to the term WIFOM, and then go watch Princess Bride. Now your statements are all giving a sense of you'd go either way, the very definition of WIFOM where you put up a statement saying I could go this way but I could also go that way.

• Community Administrator

There is plenty of shady stuff going on without guesswork Mashiara. I'd rather have RTE explain than you give him outs.

Zander, you're showing that you don't quite know what you're trying to do yet (which is fine, it takes a bit). Don't let that get in the way of making good reads.

I don't mean or want to give him an "out." But when you put it that way, it sounds like you think RTE is purposefully trying to mix up people and confuse us. If that's the case, I defiantly want an explanation from RTE!

Let me introduce you to the term WIFOM, and then go watch Princess Bride. Now your statements are all giving a sense of you'd go either way, the very definition of WIFOM where you put up a statement saying I could go this way but I could also go that way.

so let me try it this way then.  i have slight town read on darthe for driving the game and making reads.  my experience with him is limited so ill reserve my right to change my mind if need be.

There is plenty of shady stuff going on without guesswork Mashiara.  I'd rather have RTE explain than you give him outs.

Zander, you're showing that you don't quite know what you're trying to do yet (which is fine, it takes a bit).  Don't let that get in the way of making good reads.  

just trying to figure whose who.  ill try my best!

so let me try it this way then.  i have slight town read on darthe for driving the game and making reads.  my experience with him is limited so ill reserve my right to change my mind if need be.

Allow me to teach you something key about this game.  The bold is not only unnecessary (because it's a given that people can change their mind) but by stating it you weaken your position.  Regardless of your intent, whether earnest or false, your appearance matters and so you're better of to be wrong with conviction than right an clearly unsure about it for the exact reason you're seeing.

It's why on page two if I see someone that looks town I don't say they gain townie points or that I think they could be town for x reason.  I call them town.

Allow me to teach you something key about this game.  The bold is not only unnecessary (because it's a given that people can change their mind) but by stating it you weaken your position.  Regardless of your intent, whether earnest or false, your appearance matters and so you're better of to be wrong with conviction than right an clearly unsure about it for the exact reason you're seeing.

It's why on page two if I see someone that looks town I don't say they gain townie points or that I think they could be town for x reason.  I call them town.

this makes sense.

• Community Administrator

well for now im wanting to read darthe as a slight town lean. he seems town-y trying to drive the game and make reads though he could do that both as town or maf. his "claim" even if joking still seems off to me though.

read it as you will. last game i played with him I had Darthe as Maf the whole game and he was town. It seems to me thats hes town but capable of pulling it off as maf. his "claim" is just off putting to me.

so let me try it this way then. i have slight town read on darthe for driving the game and making reads. my experience with him is limited so ill reserve my right to change my mind if need be.

Allow me to teach you something key about this game. The bold is not only unnecessary (because it's a given that people can change their mind) but by stating it you weaken your position. Regardless of your intent, whether earnest or false, your appearance matters and so you're better of to be wrong with conviction than right an clearly unsure about it for the exact reason you're seeing.

It's why on page two if I see someone that looks town I don't say they gain townie points or that I think they could be town for x reason. I call them town.

I think this makes sense for an experienced player, but for people like me, who don't know what the bleep they're doing, I won't be able to say something with conviction at this stage of the game. Perhaps once I've a better feel for the players, I could.

But different styles make it fun. If we all played the same, what would be the point?

well for now im wanting to read darthe as a slight town lean. he seems town-y trying to drive the game and make reads though he could do that both as town or maf. his "claim" even if joking still seems off to me though.

read it as you will. last game i played with him I had Darthe as Maf the whole game and he was town. It seems to me thats hes town but capable of pulling it off as maf. his "claim" is just off putting to me.

so let me try it this way then. i have slight town read on darthe for driving the game and making reads. my experience with him is limited so ill reserve my right to change my mind if need be.
Allow me to teach you something key about this game. The bold is not only unnecessary (because it's a given that people can change their mind) but by stating it you weaken your position. Regardless of your intent, whether earnest or false, your appearance matters and so you're better of to be wrong with conviction than right an clearly unsure about it for the exact reason you're seeing.

It's why on page two if I see someone that looks town I don't say they gain townie points or that I think they could be town for x reason. I call them town.

I think this makes sense for an experienced player, but for people like me, who don't know what the bleep they're doing, I won't be able to say something with conviction at this stage of the game. Perhaps once I've a better feel for the players, I could.

But different styles make it fun. If we all played the same, what would be the point?

also makes sense lol.  im to just trying to play my way and see where it takes me.  i know i dont always word things the way everyone likes but ill put my gut feels and reads out there.  people will do with them as they will and hopefully that will generate more reads for me and possible others.

If you can't say it with conviction, don't say it. not having a view yet isn't a bad thing.

Darthe, he's also made me curious to his motives.  And I'm still a bit confused about the claimed daycop and viewing Ithi/Ithi's replacement.  Was that just for fun to get the conversation going?  Or was it a slip up, and meant to cover something up?  He seems diligent, which is a good sign, I think, unless he's doing it on purpose to hide his guilt.

Leyrann claimed Pikachu as his pokemon, which I think has to be Town sided.  It's about the most heroic pokemon--as far as the anime goes.  Unless AH was being ironic and made Pikachu belong to a Team Rocket member; I don't know AH's gaming style enough to make a call on that.  Also, Leyrann could easily be lying about having Pikachu.  So, not much to go on here.

Wanted to reply to those two things.

About Darthe: My stance is that he did it to get things going.

Claiming Pikachu (or any other pokemon): It means absolutely nothing, by Word of Mod in this post in the sign-up thread.

Archived