DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Going on a TREASURE HUNT!! Forrest Fenns treasure

seph

So for a vacation here shortly me and my fiancee are going on a treasure hunt here in north america. I have not yet even attempted to solve the clues he left. There are 9 in a poem and various ones he has released over the years. He hid it five years ago, and no one has found it yet. It could already be gone or a hoax, but I think it will be fun no matter what. If you have any ideas or figure out a clue let me know!

It is valued at over 1m dollars

Here is Forrest’s poem with nine clues to a million dollar treasure

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Other clue he has given over the years are.
1> In March 2013, he revealed that the treasure was hidden in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe and 5,000 feet (1,500 m) above sea-level.[3]
2>On March 27, 2013, Forrest Fenn's 11th clue was revealed: "No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure
3>On May 3, 2013, Fenn was interviewed to reveal: "The treasure is not in a graveyard." This was in response to an arrest of a treasure seeker the previous month.
4>not to far, but to far to walk
5>In January 2015, Fenn revealed in a new interview: "I know the treasure chest is wet."
6>“treasure is not associated with any manmade structure.”
7>“Forrest has said that people are thinking about the warm waters clue too hard
8>“I am guessing the clues will stand for centuries. That was one of my basic premises, but the treasure chest will fall victim to geological phenomena just like everything else. Who can predict earthquakes, floods, mudslides, fires, tornadoes and other factors?” Fenn says.
9>The treasure is not hidden in Idaho or Utah

there is also a map he provides of the rockies that shows 4 states. No matter what it seems like a fun adventure, and I cant wait to get it all planned!

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that i can help with a couple of clues in the second verse.

'where warm waters halt' could be the new mexico fish and game depts delineation of warm/cold water game fishing.

'halt being the actual delineation point or line on the map.

(this in itself is not too precise, but a starting pointer, and needs the rest of the clues to narrow the search down.)

i say this because mr fenn was an avid sportsman, and talked lots about his love of trout fishing. brown trout.

as a matter of fact... there is a village about an hour n of santa fe named truchas.

truchas is spanish for trout.

also...i recall that in an interview mr fenn spoke of being very proud of his accomplishment ( after hiding the treasure)and laughing out loud as he walked back to his car for the drive back home, and wishing he had thought to bring a sandwich to lunch on.

an 80 something yr old man drove to where it was hidden and lugged a box full of gold to its final hiding place and then went home...by lunchtime.....

dont over-think the clues

good luck

and remember me if you find it.

Yes, ive been thinking about it for some time now...and im still considered a newbie on the chat boards.

find a copy of his book : " The thrill of the chase", and  read it to get some good insight as to how his mind works.

All proceeds from the book sales go to a charity, so this is not just a stunt to sell books.

in one of his interviews, he said "a child could find it"...so as i said, think the clues thru , analyze the things he says in interviews...

and Dont overthink everything.

• 2 months later...

Archived