DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sport????

David Boyle

ok, what sports do you all play?

personally my main sport is kayaking, i train between 7 and 8 times per week.

along with kayaking i also run and cycle, do a bit of weights and ocasionally play squash.

what sports you into

oh, i love watching rugby, i used to play it but qut.....because i was terriable

I'm a keen rugby and cricket player, both for my local clubs as well as for my university. The social side to both sports are great! Whether I am good or bad doesn't bother me - I just play because I love the sports and want to play!

I have also played hockey and football in the past, but have since given them up as I couldn't play so many sports! I've also tried fencing, but again, didn't have the time.

Does Darts count as a sport? If so then that would be the one I'm best at. I play in a league on Tuesday nights and practice 2 or 3 nights a week at home. Nothing like a sport where you can continue to drink while playing. I play softball too, but as a softball player, I'm a good coach, if you catch my meaning...

In terms of watching, I love baseball, American football(huge Red Sox and Patriots fan) and I like to watch hockey between the Super Bowl and spring training even if my favorite team is terrible. (which they are, argh!!)

I grew up playing Hockey and Baseball. Also did alot of cross country running, track and field stuff and volleyball.

During high school I played alllll the good stuff. Golf, football(pigskin), rugby, basketball.

At this point in my life all I do is workout at the gym, play pick up basketball and golf. Then I get home and lounge around and do things im not suppose to do :twisted:

btw I best not hear any comments of Golf isnt a sport...:P

im not sure that these are classed as sports, i do parkour (well when its dry, which aint often here), because it rocks thy socks, and i'v liked takeing risk and all over stuff like forever, and my second would rock climbing, which i'v just started, but it was kinda a logical progression.

i cant watch and sports like criket or football, because they bore me beyond death, but somehow i can watch snooker, meh *shrugs* some people are strange.a lot of them are me

oh, we had rugby/basketball in primary school too, two goalies! lol. alot of you seam to play rugby. i used to but quit for two reasons 1. my lack of talent 2. kayaking was getting pretty intense!

speaking of rugby, ireland were beaten by france today 17-20 france scored a try in the last minute....i was crushed :'( and to top it all off ireland were playing in our new stadioum (84,000+ seats) for the first time. damn those french

Ive pretty much played most sports. Played basketball ok when I was in HS before I discovered beer, now I can barely jump and touch the ring.

I mainly play cricket now. To me its the ultimate test mentally and physically (in that order). I also like Rugby League, which is a better game than Union by a large margin. I dont really like baseball and the NFL, as I can only watch them for half an hour, then I get bored!!!

I mainly play cricket now. To me its the ultimate test mentally and physically (in that order).

I agree wholeheartedly Oz. It is ultimate test. It's also a very tactical game, which is one reason I love cricket so much.

And at least England won something in Australia this time around...it may not have been the Ashes, but at least we ended the tour on a high!

Lyenna. I love you xoxoxo :twisted:

Which team do you support. And netball is a great game, my sister and cousins were gun players!

And look, I can see how people think cricket is boring. I really can. But try fielding in 40 degree heat for 6 hours in the middle of an aussie summer, concentrating on every ball, running, throwing, bowling. Ahhh, its a test. Sure, I cant move on the Sunday, and I have to remind myself that Im doing it for fun, but I think its a good test of character. Mentally weak people dont last at cricket.

Lyenna. I love you xoxoxo :twisted:

Which team do you support. And netball is a great game' date=' my sister and cousins were gun players!

And look, I can see how people think cricket is boring. I really can. But try fielding in 40 degree heat for 6 hours in the middle of an aussie summer, concentrating on every ball, running, throwing, bowling. Ahhh, its a test. Sure, I cant move on the Sunday, and I have to remind myself that Im doing it for fun, but I think its a good test of character. Mentally weak people dont last at cricket.[/quote']

Then you have the English summer, where it usually rains. Then the mental test is to see how long you give the weather before heading down to the pub! :lol:

Archived