DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[GAME] WT & Warders Reunion: Tug o' War WOT-themed - Game Thread

Mystica

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shatayan is like the housekeeper, but with much more power, if I recall correctly.

They are in charge of all the other servants, but have so much rank that it would be offensive to offer them a tip or payment for their services. You don't want to make them mad, cause they can make your life hell during your stay if they chose.

Elgee is correct (and Claire too). The Shatayan is the term for the Head House Servant (the Head Housekeeper) in the borderlands.
Even a Queen would walk lightly around her, that is the extent of her power. The Shambayan is the male equivalent (though the Shatayan would probably argue about who has the higher status).

sorry Talya, all my resources speak of it meaning the Head Servant/Housekeeper as explained above. :sad: I've googled the word and didn't find any result with your explanation.

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/geography/shienar/index.html

http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Shatayan_%28Wheel_of_Time%29

(the two main ones aside from the books themselves, which is primarily where I got my questions out of.)

I promise, I'm not biased in any way.

7. Who redeems himself just before the Horn is blown for the first time?

ok, Talya love. Moirraine wasn't with him. They got seperated after they visited Shagar Logoth.

The answer I was looking for was that Elyas introduced him to the wolves, so I'm going to count it correct.

Point to the River Rats.

10. Where does Loial meet Rand the first time? (be specific... the country, city, etc isn't enough)

Keep in mind: the full correct answer gets a point. Emphasis on 'full'. And yes, I get to decide. That's what makes me fabulous. *flips hair* :tongue:

At Basel Gill's inn, The Queen's Blessing (I think) in Caemlyn, Andor. He and Mat had just arrived there on their long journey after getting separated from the others first at Shadar Logoth (??) and then from Tom at Whitebridge. Mat is sick (the knife thing) and doesn't want to go out, and Rand asked for a quiet place away from other peple (can't remember exactly why now ... Whitecloaks?). One of the staff referred him to the Inn's library, which is where he finds Loial.

Man, you think you know every last name and incident, and then you suddenly can't spell stuff.

Archived