DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was trying to prove a point. However since you misnamed the person it made a difference. The cory part threw me through a loop.

Maybe its just me but I don't see how people make reads on 1-2 posts.

Early on I just wanted to be a part of the convo, I think I stated that earlier, and was trying to be playfull

Dice

Tina
Clov
Turin
Manbat
BFG
Zander

Sooh
Darthe
Yates

Seph

probably too many villagers ATM but i'm okay with that sort of problem and I'll work it out in my head before PC

cory why you have me mafia bro

I feel like zander has me cause i had him there>< 

seph originally you had me as a town lean then you made a comment about my personality led you to give me a mafia lean.  your emotional responses to question are making me wonder.  Also your both mafia comment isnt sitting well with me.

Leaning maf on seph.

yes, why wouldn't I have a emotional response, this game can boil the blood pressure. 

you had me town first then because "my personality changed" (something i thought dice explained before quite well) then i was a maf lean.  i think your emotional (almost slightly aggressive maybe not the right word) responses plus your both mafia comment are leading people that way.  plus your overly defensive ones like dont exactly remember something like ill stop making reads or something to that effect.  (i apologize if misquote but dont have the time to reread thread at the moment.)

You do understand that people are SUPPOSED to evolve their reads, right?  If Seph is town this game, there's no reason for him to lock you in something d1 and leave you there.  Posts like this are (partially) the reason nobody but you thinks you're an obvious townie.

Since some people having been nudging Cory after the Ley flip, I'll say that his reads list there is just about what I would expect him to have at this point as town.  A little surprised that I'm as high as I am, and Zander doesn't make much sense to me (unless it's just avoiding scumreading a teammate).  

Still, I don't see him being mafia this game.  I don't think he'd be as involved as mafia, and his semi-abrasive tone at times is pretty par for the course.  Last time I checked, I think he had like 1.5x the posts I did (I was second at that point).  

*sigh* I hit return and posted instead of adding a paragraph...

The rest of 979 is this:

So I spent some time talking to Zander to figure out if he had a BETTER reason to hammer and to see how his story changed/evolved/remained consistent. If I saw a "Kaylee" response, I would have felt pretty good about just pushing forward with the lynch. That's not what I saw. It doesn't mean he's Town but it at least addresses one major concern.

Just so we're all on the same page, your theory is that he would have been more likely to give a reason that Kaylee prepped for him as mafia than town?  Obviously I get you saying him not doing it doesn't make him town, but him doing so would basically eliminate the possibility of being town?

So I guess I´m the only one who got stuck on the two mafia thing?

Manbat, I would very much apprichiate something more focused. :)

1) I'm pretty sure somebody else pointed that.  I think it was Yates but I'd have to double check to be sure

2) Feeling worse about Tina based on this post.  Not so much the content but the style.  I feel like Tina tends to do relatively large catch up posts due to the timezone difference and this being the only thing she comments on is not a good look IMO

Darthe - Mixed feelings about you suspecting me affecting your opinion of that statement.  Either I pointed out something you thought was a good post, or I pointed out something you didn't think was a good post.

Dice

Tina
Clov
Turin
Manbat
BFG
Zander

Sooh
Darthe
Yates

Seph

probably too many villagers ATM but i'm okay with that sort of problem and I'll work it out in my head before PC

cory why you have me mafia bro

I feel like zander has me cause i had him there>< 

seph originally you had me as a town lean then you made a comment about my personality led you to give me a mafia lean.  your emotional responses to question are making me wonder.  Also your both mafia comment isnt sitting well with me.

Leaning maf on seph.

yes, why wouldn't I have a emotional response, this game can boil the blood pressure. 

you had me town first then because "my personality changed" (something i thought dice explained before quite well) then i was a maf lean.  i think your emotional (almost slightly aggressive maybe not the right word) responses plus your both mafia comment are leading people that way.  plus your overly defensive ones like dont exactly remember something like ill stop making reads or something to that effect.  (i apologize if misquote but dont have the time to reread thread at the moment.)

You do understand that people are SUPPOSED to evolve their reads, right?  If Seph is town this game, there's no reason for him to lock you in something d1 and leave you there.  Posts like this are (partially) the reason nobody but you thinks you're an obvious townie.

his switch on me was only part of why i made the lean towards maf. i do know reads change his just rang lacking to me.

@cory  Yeah Yates does tend to read me fairly well and he does take a bit of time to do that. You or AJ read me in like 3 posts or less at times, Yates usually comes up D2 like he says. I do have a better shot at scamming yates then i do you or AJ tho. Doesnt always work but its a better shot.

While you were milling around talking to your colleagues waiting to see what would happen, you heard a shriek nearby. You turn to see a group of your colleague surrounding an irate person sobbing and shrieking. You recognize them from the Christmas party and soon it all makes sense. You all turn as the door opens and see another body being wheeled out on a stretcher. It had become clear: you weren't going to be working today. Time to go home. You wondered if you would get paid for the day anyways...

Leyrann - Employee, Town Vanilla has been lynched.

It is now night. You have 48 hours.

Ugh. Trying to figure out time to deadline but time on laptop and my mobile are different time zones and I'm confused. Not to mention I don't remember what time zone I have my board time on right now. Assuming UK. Anyways 48 hours from when I posted that.

Just so we're all on the same page, your theory is that he would have been more likely to give a reason that Kaylee prepped for him as mafia than town?  Obviously I get you saying him not doing it doesn't make him town, but him doing so would basically eliminate the possibility of being town?

Yeah. I was thinking new scum would want to run stuff like that by their mentor. Though as I type this I didn't really think that through since one of his scum mates could have also helped out. Still, it looked like his own words and thought process so I think it's still valid.

ISOed Dice, and I think a bunch of the things Tina is pointing out seems more like Dice encouraging and helping new members, while also providing information so as to help to get a meta on Zander in particular. I agree with the whole encouragement side of things, and probably will do the same thing if given a chance. I don't see anything particularly scummy in that.

As for meta it's probably not going to be easy to use in a game with several new people. There's myself, Zander, Shadar and seph, and I can't imagine any of us have a very strong meta so far. Or maybe I'm wrong about me... the other three though... 

People tend to be joking way less in mafia than other places on the board. In mafia people can also get rather intense with each other, and then go somewhere else and be all buddy buddy. It's the nature of the game. 

I also ISOed Darthe, and I'm not any closer to clearing him than I was to begin with. If you want to be in the clear, better start working on it, dude.

Off to do Turin's ISO.

I'm just going to objectively state that I have no idea idea how to read Sooh since I've been wrong on her alignment in every game I've been with her

But the "emphasis" on WRITTEN WORK (isos) over how she played as a villager (not seer, where she played differently than anything) where she was more intuitive and went with her gut would make this the third time she has completely changed her approach

But I can't really read her so I don't even know if it means anything, but if she ever DOES flip wolf dice is spewed v and maybe the rest

I know this sort of short-sighted to say now but it could be important later

If I am misclearing anyone on my villager list it is probably Zander or BFG

BFG I might just be paranoid about since she misses long periods of the thread because jobs and adult life and stuff and I have liked her content while she is around but other people more invested have just been more villager

Zander has been straightline playing differently and it really just confuses me more than anything; don't think Zander/Seph is EVER w/w but I think one of the two is a wolf and Seph has an EMOTIONAL component to his reads that I don't think he could deliver as a new guy who randed wolf even if his posts are ~wolfy sometimes

Manbat will be attentive, proactive and maintain interest in the game if he is a villager and his effort level will slowly tumble downward if he's a wolf

He's improved as a wolf I would guess he's a villager here, but if you think he's scummy because he's contradicting himself and talking to himself a lot and has no concern of how he's perceived he's very likely a villager (so stop pushing him)

Clov is probably a villager but if he starts acting very different post my death do not sleep on him (sleep with him, ldo)

If he's alive d3-d4 and hasn't utterly owned wolves that's not a good sign for him, he should be treated at a high level of competence

Clov is probably a villager but if he starts acting very different post my death do not sleep on him (sleep with him, ldo)

If he's alive d3-d4 and hasn't utterly owned wolves that's not a good sign for him, he should be treated at a high level of competence

When I was like 11 I lent one of my friends an acoustic guitar (it was some relatively cheap Yamaha) because I had gotten my first baby fender electric and I lost interest in fingerpicking and chords and just wanted to rock out

I forgot all about it but like two years later I remember we were hanging out and he said he needed to get it repaired

Apparently the neck had detached from the base so the strings all went slack even when it was glued back on (cause that's what his mom tried to do, ofc)

I was a little immature kid at the time and was a little peeved he hadn't told me and all that kind of stuff because you have to TAKE CARE of stuff like that and not just find shortcuts

The point of this story is that if I die, don't let Darthe and Yates take over because even if they are villagers they just don't know how to take care of a village; you saw what happened in the Meta game

CONTINUE to think objectively, come to your OWN conclusions, and make sure you are heard; only compromise if you are COMFORTABLE, and try to find likeminded players and work with them

Don't make it a free-for-all but also don't let the LOUDEST player takeover; if all else fails lynch whoever dice wants

Archived