DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cory why you have me mafia bro

I feel like zander has me cause i had him there>< 

seph originally you had me as a town lean then you made a comment about my personality led you to give me a mafia lean.  your emotional responses to question are making me wonder.  Also your both mafia comment isnt sitting well with me.

Leaning maf on seph.

yes, why wouldn't I have a emotional response, this game can boil the blood pressure. 

I feel like zander has me cause i had him there>< 

seph originally you had me as a town lean then you made a comment about my personality led you to give me a mafia lean.  your emotional responses to question are making me wonder.  Also your both mafia comment isnt sitting well with me.

Leaning maf on seph.

yes, why wouldn't I have a emotional response, this game can boil the blood pressure. 

you had me town first then because "my personality changed" (something i thought dice explained before quite well) then i was a maf lean.  i think your emotional (almost slightly aggressive maybe not the right word) responses plus your both mafia comment are leading people that way.  plus your overly defensive ones like dont exactly remember something like ill stop making reads or something to that effect.  (i apologize if misquote but dont have the time to reread thread at the moment.)

hey cory can you exlpain your read on tina.  ive been leaning the other way. but i dont have the experience you do with her.

Cory, since you have Tina so high, would you agree that her pointing out you not townreading her at that point was probably a good sign?  

My line of thinking was, if somebody was just spot on all the time in reading me (both ways) - even if I have very little substance - them suddenly having me null would lead me to think they might KNOW my alignment and just not want to clear me.

I have Tina as a > villager lean mostly because A) I doubt she goes out of her way to poke me like that as mafia in general; her post IRT me was actually a pretty good post. I guess there is a CHANCE she is concerned that I could go @ her really hard if she didn't do something, but I think the BIGGER indicator is her push on dice. I don't think mafia!Tina ever goes outright against consensus like that, especially knowing that I'm already not townreading her at that instant and that I'm pseudo-clearing dice.

I could see Tina thinking that way as well, but I hope she understands that despite all evidence otherwise I am not, in fact, psychic

Really not much has changed from this

Clov's stuff about her handling of Ithi is good too

Maybe the ONLY thing that bothers me is that she votes Darthe at EOD; I would expect her to vote with me, but I could potentially see her not wanting to be a part of a "townie" lynch on d1 as a Mafioso

Most signs point to her being a villager tho, though she isn't as obvious as she was in the Meta game that might be a time thing (Tina tends to miss lapses of the thread in either alignment)

I don't really find your narrative genuine this game, IE I think you have been changing your reads to fit thread consensus. Maybe the only "unique, against-the-grain" read I saw you have was an early villager lean on Darthe and I could see a newer mafian doing that for "credit" if they expected Darthe to get lynched and flip villager

I know I can sometimes "box out" players I don't know well since I'm a very intuitive reader and I need to see someone play a few times before I can get a really good feel for them, but INFPs are gonna INFP

My best piece of advice is to ignore me and do your thing as I reread and reassess

Maybe a lightbulb will go off in my head or maybe it won't, until then you are firmly on the lower rungs of my PoE

If you're a villager sorry if you're a wolf sorry not sorry

Yes you are right there, they were very angry posts. 

Oh yes the left field ones. As I am learning I am finding that trying to play logical doesn't really work, cory has point something out about that as well.

All it does is get me very very very irritated, and it really makes the game no fun. I honestly wanted to quit after day 1 and stop playing. Everybody has different ways to read people, I need to figure this out, and what works best for me.

Towards the start of the game I was making my own reads, or well attempting to. A lot of my changes did come from Tress, which is why I changed my mind. Why not trust her opinion over my own? She has played with most people here. Tress read both Ley and darthe were most likely town, and said if Ley flipped we might have a Cory Mafia. So I went with that. I will note she said earlier that Cory is very hard to point out as mafia. her read with cory being a strong player led me to this. I just learned I can post what Tress tells me, and re-reading her opinions this morning brought up a lot I forgot about. I am a new player and I know I am making some mistakes, but I am going to be fixing them.

I will post more in detail zander after I read a bit more, The personality was things in a nutshell, I will try to elaborate for you, but I feel you haven't done much for the town. I am going to re read a bit on you.

Good morning. Can I go back to bed now?

ya it almost seems scummy...lol

Interesting. What makes you say that?

just thought that if he was town he'd want to stay and help us locate scum.

Throughout the game you ask for opinions on people, yet you haven't given one in 32 pages? I haven't seen you help the town much, like I said unless I missed it.

photo-thumb-22310.png?_r=1429707298 Posted by Zander on 19 April 2015 - 12:10 PM in The Black Tower (Social Group)

TinaHel, on 19 Apr 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:snapback.png

Zander, on 19 Apr 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:snapback.png

because i said my hangover jumbled my brain which in turn made my attempt to engage poor.  but at the beginning of the game just trying to get things going.

I have done a lot of "trying to start the game" stuff in my days but I don´t see your posts like that. I saw that you took it back and later tried to make it into something anyway.

i think your reads of me are based on the fact that you dont know how random and foolish i really am.  im sure if you look at some of my posts off mafia.  youd read me different.  maybe not but just thought id point that out.

So you are saying you are taking a different approach, yet you want me to read you like you do on the forums? I feel that validates my point. 

I am still suspicious of Zander for his early play. I see he is back but only really nudged you again. I could vote him too. Darthe is still number one tho(quote by turin)

he-is-saying.jpg
Since you want to quote me when I messed up a sentence. 

maybe someone who has him town, can explain what i am missing?

I don't think ANYBODY has Zander as Town. And that's actually a bit unsettling. I might move him in to the nulls later after rereading a bit but he's not a Town read.

Also from history Ley has been blind lynched a fair amount while he was afk due to time zones and deadlines. He has/had a habit of claiming before he went away if he felt there was any chance he could be lynched. His lack of claim was probably because he was VT.

News to me. When's the last time he did this? Also, has he ever/never done this as scum?

This looks like a bad push to me.

Is this because you're in my scum pool or because you don't like the way I go about seeing if Zander hammered for the right reasons? Because I think we can both agree that his reason [or lack thereof] at the time was sketch.

He's not played in a while but to my knowledge he hasn't done the early claim as mafia. 

I don't care about where I am on your list. It's a bad push because you explained the reason to hammer and then are trying to use the fact he hammered against him. I have doubts about Zander myself but the hammer of Ley is a null action. 

Maybe you should be asking why Cory put Ley up in front of Darthe, who probably should have been the lynch. 

i know i was on cory's vill list will have to go back and double check when i have the time.  trying to keep current for now.

but i think there was more.

seph that's an example of a good post that makes people think you're townie

My #hottake is that the cory/yates fight is >rand v/v

Yates the entire thread not having zander as a villager could very easily point to scapegoat.

like to hear some explantions from them

Yates the entire thread not having zander as a villager could very easily point to scapegoat.

Also scapegoat being villager lynchbait

Agreed. That's the "unsettling" part and part of the reason I'm rereading him [in addition to our exchange from earlier].

Archived