DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

I don't know if Darth is mafia. If he was I feel like he would, or should be more inclined to defend himself. He obviously is not just taking it. Just he was already irritated by the 5th page. Ithi is really trying to push everyone for darth

You can almost always find a flaw in anyone's post and make a argument. But I feel like while I want to trust dice,and his vote of confidence with ithi as everyone else. We know regardless that she can help or hurt the town..... that is pretty dangerous, because the point of the game is to win. So how long before she turns on the town.

With no solid evidence on anyone it seems like the logical choice, as it could always be a cover as well.

I feel as if Cory, clov, and turin, and zander are in the town. I would say dice as well but if it turns ithi was mafia after all, he did give his word. His word is why I want to give her the benefit, and the fact she has tried to prod alot of people into giving her responses.

Im so lost on what to do lol. But that is kind of where I am now. Sorry ithi <3

This is pretty villagery to me.  IIRC this is Seph's first game, and a new player trying to lynch somebody who has claimed non-town seems pretty believable to me.  If town isn't going to lie about their alignment - which I don't expect a new player to consider - lynching a survivor is a "safe play".  

Only thing I disagree with is the insinuation that Ithillian being mafia inherently incriminates Dice.  If anything, I feel the opposite.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turin and Darthe don't seem to have a good relationship in general so I probably would not strike them off as potentially partners on my CHART

One general observation I've made playing a billion of these silly internet yelling games is that players who have volatile out-of-game relationships have a tendency to push eachother as mafia/mafia

With that said I would guess Turin is town on breadth of content and willingness to throw his fists at anyone around, as unhelpful as that trait can be

I just want to point out that the statement about Turin not getting on with Darthe is pure garbage. I can 100% guarantee that Turin does not have a personal thing against Darthe and to suggest that's why Turin is voting for him, when Turin has given perfectly good game related reasons, is total horse poo.

I'm going back to sleep now. Just wanted you all to know that Turin is not a petty minded person. I was not happy that someone would say he was.

Thanks Ithi :wub:  You do need to sleep though lovely.

@ Cory, The first line is a fabrication. Darthe and I get along fine everywhere except perhaps on the mafia board. He plays more like a bunch of the new people and I play like an older DM player. There is some difference of opinion but there is nothing personal at all. I in fact try to help him out in filling his games cause a bunch of the "cool kids" don't like him for whatever reason.  (BTW Darthe sorry I couldn't play in your Middle Earth game. I stay off the mafia board in general now as far as playing goes)

I do think that he is mafia for what he has said and for what he has not said in this game. I think that I have already said why. Additionally he strikes me as playing it too cool. Like he is untouchable. That is what caused me to push him the last game. He is doing it a bit differently this game. Where last time he was shouting about how town he was for things that were null of him this time he is just not giving any information about why he thinks anything and ignoring people that are questioning him. Ithi is one of those people he is ignoring. I think he is still hoping if he just keeps ignoring her that she will find a new bone to chew on so to speak. 

So in short, Darthe and I are cool. At least as far as I know. Anyone trying to claim otherwise is making stuff up which  will cause me to raise my fists as you say. Regardless of if it is helpful to the game or not. I don't like personal misrepresentation in thread as a tactic. I will get upset if it is used. 

Also Cory, I don't know if you know it or not but I dropped anything I had with you long ago. I do think you are a honest player even if I disagree with some of your methodology. (mostly about over use of POE and clearing people too soon and leaving them cleared too long. But we all have our things to work on) 

Remember Town Darthe. Him with the reasons and the explaining and the communicating with other people in the Thread.

Now we have sullen and closed of Darthe. Who may or may not have reasons but doesn't see why anyone else needs to know them.

Because that could be used against him in a court of law. He's leaving as little as he can in the game. That gives me other thoughts.

Good grief just lynch him already. He's not even trying any more.

Four posts in and already drawing scummy misreps. Nice.

Why do you calll this  "scummy misrep" when you say that you have Ithi as TOWN? (despite her claim to the contrary)

Why won't you explain what is wrong with the post instead of trying to sluff the entire thing off? I don't think that Ithi is the only one that is seeing this odd attitude and questioning why would town Darthe be acting this way? I can't think of a valid reason so it prompts me to see you as mafia. 

Tina, RTE has a long history with third party and I would expect him to include some sort of third party (most likely survivor) as he likes to play with the running jokes. I just thought that he would do it for the lulz. 

Okay....

and why did you role fish?

role fish? asking Ley if his vote was a cc? Survivor is a very specific role. If two people are claiming it then the liar is more likely to be mafia so it should be resolved. I didn't think there would be a reason for Ley to assume that Ithi's survivor claim was a symp signal unless he was the survivor. similar to the way Sooh voted Sili in the April Fool's game. So I asked for clarification like I did with Tress in the cliche game when she cc'ed Hallia via vote.

Depending on the people involved, I'm not sure I agree 100% with this, but I think it's probably true more than it's not.  

Tina - normally I'd be on board with pushing a role fishing attempt, but I don't like your case here.  I think "role fishing" is usually more subtle, and more importantly, he was going to get either Leyrann confirming to be 3rd party or denying it.  The theory "role fishing helps scum" kinda only applies when it's putting a town PR at risk

As to the bold, I know that there are players that would fake claim in this case but Ithi and Leyrann are not two of them IMO. Your point is noted and I will consider it going forward.

Remember Town Darthe. Him with the reasons and the explaining and the communicating with other people in the Thread.

Now we have sullen and closed of Darthe. Who may or may not have reasons but doesn't see why anyone else needs to know them.

Because that could be used against him in a court of law. He's leaving as little as he can in the game. That gives me other thoughts.

Good grief just lynch him already. He's not even trying any more.

Four posts in and already drawing scummy misreps. Nice.

Why do you calll this  "scummy misrep" when you say that you have Ithi as TOWN? (despite her claim to the contrary)

Why won't you explain what is wrong with the post instead of trying to sluff the entire thing off? I don't think that Ithi is the only one that is seeing this odd attitude and questioning why would town Darthe be acting this way? I can't think of a valid reason so it prompts me to see you as mafia. 

Why wouldn't I?  My opinion of her doesn't affect her actual alignment, it's merely my perceptive.  She can be town and still appear to do scummy things.  Thus far they haven't harmed my read.

Feel like all of this is extremely game irrelevant but let's quash it now

Turin and Darthe don't seem to have a good relationship in general so I probably would not strike them off as potentially partners on my CHART

One general observation I've made playing a billion of these silly internet yelling games is that players who have volatile out-of-game relationships have a tendency to push eachother as mafia/mafia

With that said I would guess Turin is town on breadth of content and willingness to throw his fists at anyone around, as unhelpful as that trait can be

I just want to point out that the statement about Turin not getting on with Darthe is pure garbage. I can 100% guarantee that Turin does not have a personal thing against Darthe and to suggest that's why Turin is voting for him, when Turin has given perfectly good game related reasons, is total horse poo.

I'm going back to sleep now. Just wanted you all to know that Turin is not a petty minded person. I was not happy that someone would say he was.

I apologize if you took this as a personal stab at someone you hold dear but it was anything but

I am not calling anyone petty (I did not say that, so don't act like I did) - I am merely saying I have been in and spectated numerous Mafia games where Turin and Darthe have gone at it extensively. They are Mafia games - someone personality types clash with others specifically in them, it's nothing new, it's a silly internet yelling game. I did not suggest that is why Turin is voting for him, either - not sure where that even came from on your end.

If I have to SHAVE OFF THIS VENEER OF SUPERFICIALITY, I will: Darthe and Turin, in MAFIA, have conflicting personality types as far as I can tell. Which means they might feel REQUIRED to bus as mafia/mafia, as people might feel it's suspicious if they "get along" - I'm not saying this because I HAVE SOME PERSONAL VENDETTA or am trying to SMEAR the CHIVALRY that is clearly undercurrent at DragonMount.

I am saying this because I am a Mafia player and I value making correct reads above all else.

This is not a reflection of their OUT-OF-GAME relationship, which I know very little about and very frankly couldn't care about at all.

So I apologize if you thought I was taking a potshot at someone. I am not. I am simply saying that in my chart of potential pairings (which is, secret's out, a grid of every player in the game x every player in the game), I have not marked an "x" on Darthe/Turin. If I decide to make that read, I will do it on my own terms, and nothing in the thread and my personal take on Darthe and Turin's playstyles has shown me otherwise.

@ Cory, The first line is a fabrication. Darthe and I get along fine everywhere except perhaps on the mafia board. He plays more like a bunch of the new people and I play like an older DM player. There is some difference of opinion but there is nothing personal at all. I in fact try to help him out in filling his games cause a bunch of the "cool kids" don't like him for whatever reason.  (BTW Darthe sorry I couldn't play in your Middle Earth game. I stay off the mafia board in general now as far as playing goes)

Please read the above. Any further questions you may direct to my lawyer.

mostly about over use of POE and clearing people too soon and leaving them cleared too long. But we all have our things to work on

I don't remember the last time I even played with you. As to the rest, whatever - I do the best that I can and I tend to do pretty well so I'm not changing the way I make reads any time soon.

Okay it has been a long day and now I'm a bit tired. This is about where I am right now.

1.Sooh: null- not enough content to make a call. Definitely jealous about her trip. I do love seeing the sights.
2.Tina: null to slight mafia lean- only the rolefish argument. could well be nothing.
3.Zander (Mentored by Kaylee): mafia lean- Those 15 minutes early in the game have me questioning him. I am one that takes nudges seriously. Especially when he tried to back off and claim it was trying to engage people and he was not posting.
4.Darthe: mafia (has my vote) - refusal to explain his (IMO questionable) reads. Too cool attitude. taking a null and using it to try to make a case.
5.Ithi: Claimed survivor - I believe the claim.
6.Shadar: null - He claims to be behind in reading due to being busy in RL. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt on that. 
7.Dice: Town lean - only thing that sketched me out at all was his threatening to vote Darthe. To me it is vote or don't vote. The rest of his content felt town. 
8.Yates: Null - no content.
9.seph (Mentored by Tress) Null/mixed - not much to go on and he is new. There was the recent thoughts regarding the discussion with me and Darthe. I liked how he was willing to give opinions and I agreed with most of it. The only thing that was odd was how he said that he was giving Ithi the benefit of doubt based on what Dice said but that if She flipped mafia that he would be suspicious of Dice. The only other thing was his early posts but tht could be first game jitters so I am sort of letting it go for now. Just keeping my eyes open cause I let Shady off too much in his first game.
10.BFG: Null - Not much to go on as of now. At least not much that I remember. 
11.Turin: Town
12.Ley: Null to slightest mafia lean - I thought he was pushing a bad angle on Ithi. I would like for him to answer her question about why he thought there would be  a symp in this game. 
13.Cory: Null/possible mafia - Possibly a bit of early tinfoil here. His posting since the intial "Lock Clear" thing have been mostly villagery. There were a few other instances of over proclaiming his townieness though. ( the thumbs up and a few things said to Zander? ) I just don't want to be lulled to sleep on him being town. 
14.Clov: Strongest town read. Active. Engaged. Reasonable. Being town without trumpeting about being town.

So WTL: Darthe, Zander, possibly Ley depending on his answer.

Not WTL today: Clov, Ithi, Dice

Hopefully the people that have less content will be more active.

mostly about over use of POE and clearing people too soon and leaving them cleared too long. But we all have our things to work on

I don't remember the last time I even played with you. As to the rest, whatever - I do the best that I can and I tend to do pretty well so I'm not changing the way I make reads any time soon.

Fair enough. I respect your game now that I understand it a bit more. I just don't operate the same way. It works for you so have at it. There is room for more than one style.

I was in the cliche game but was deaded before you joined. I think the last real interaction we had was in the Thrawn game where you were the survivor. I made mistakes then and think I have learned from them.   

Game back on? 

I really need to get to sleep tho now. Good night all. 

sick xpost

I was in the cliche game but was deaded before you joined. I think the last real interaction we had was in the Thrawn game where you were the survivor. I made mistakes then and think I have learned from them.   

Game back on? 

I really need to get to sleep tho now. Good night all. 

Wow, the Thrawn game. I was such a little pup back then. That was my first game on DM.

Yes, game back on, don't want to pollute the thread environment with what was essentially "lol cory doesn't bother to proofread his posts"

It's never too early to get rid of symps.

[v] Ithi [/v]

Not a symp. Just a survivor. I don't know how to play any other way lol

Of course.

Hey, we can also stick to the rule "lynch all confirmed non-town when in doubt" instead. But don't you want to be done with it just now?

obviously ive been ninjad but you see ithis post above? Do you REALLY think that ITHI of all people will play AGAINST town as a survivor? or that she'd fake claim survivor? Cause I dont. 

And whats with the symp bit? What makes you think that? you may have answered this and i missed it but if not make with the splainy.

To this post and to Turin just above: I don't have any reason to assume there's a symp in the game, I was just poking fun about that game while at the same time wanting to get this one going.

Again, apologies for not being active so far :smile: Blossoming cherry trees, royal guards on horses and cute little Dala-horses have had my attention up until now.

I meant to catch up last night, but apparently I'm too old to be drinking wine two nights in a row and then expect to function as a normal person the third night  :rolleyes:

I have been reading along with the game (you people post a lot), so I'll be going back to the beginning to do a thorough read now. 

Some pre-conceived notions though:

Ithi - will be getting the benefit of the doubt from me for now, as long as she is scum hunting with the rest of us :smile:

Cory and Clov seem town to me. 

Turin seems town as well.

That's all I have for now, and it'll be interesting to see if I discover anything on my reread to make me change my mind.

First about Zander. I like Turin´s posts about him and could just have quoted his posts with a +1. 

Good morning. Can I go back to bed now?

ya it almost seems scummy...lol

Interesting. What makes you say that?

just thought that if he was town he'd want to stay and help us locate scum.

For me it was an obvious joke about the theme. 

Zander, I find it odd that you have nudged twice at Seph for basically not being around when you yourself left after about 15 minutes of interacting once you were asked a serious question by Ithi.

Little bit of pot meet kettle perhaps?  

Agree. 

Ithi is town
Bfg slight town

Maybe Zander too

[v] Turin [/v]

Locking those reads in for D1

I agree with you on Ithillian and probably BFG, but I don't see where you are coming from with Zander at all.  If anything, Zander is one of the people I'm most suspicious of ATM based on his comment that everybody seemed townie at the time.  I just played a game with him (his first game) and he seemed to be relatively suspicious of MOST people.  

Obviously one game is an exceptionally small - and borderline worthless - sample size, but his rapid change in approach has my attention.

Not sure what you're seeing with Turin.  Null on him right now

well my approach in that game got me lynched first day as a townie.  figured id try a bit differnt approach so i dont leave our village short handed again

he-is-saying.jpg

lol It doesn´t help him. 

Seph, I didn't switch back to Darthe. I voted Cory to remind myself he could be mafia trying to place himself above the fray (still possible). Then I voted Ley for his unreasonable (IMO) push at Ithi. I am now voting Darthe because he has refused to give his reasons for any of his reads and he has ignored Ithi's casee on him. He looks to be most mafia of everyone so far. I was actually waiting for Darthe and Zander to come back and explain themselves. Darthe returned but refused to explain. Even a "feels" read would be something. His refusal to say anything  other than to say that others are playing bad is most suspicious.

I am still suspicious of Zander for his early play. I see he is back but only really nudged you again. I could vote him too. Darthe is still number one tho.

wasnt a play was an attempt to engage people

What was an attempt to engage people? 

I don't think Turin-Darthe is not mafia-mafia. Does anybody think they could be?

Double negative. Just in case there's a lie detector in the game.

He thinks Darthe and Turin are both mafia lol

thought clovs idea of turrin and darthe mafia vs mafia an interesting prospect. mostlt just a feeling.

especially since i was wondering about him after town reading bfg when all she said was like hello and i think asked if someone was town.  seemed like he was inviting people to call him on it.

and i havent ruled out illi as a possible survivor though im 50 50 if its good for town or not.

my bad but i dont believe the possible mafia vs mafia play between them is out of the realm of possibility.

him sorry is Darthe.  im starting to lean him away from town not fully but its starting.

"Starting to lean..." as in "I don´t want to vote Darthe but I see how the wind blows and I want to blend in"? 

I´m already voting Zander and will keep my vote there.

About Darthe - I absolutely don´t understand his play at all. Like Turin and Ithi says, he is not interested in helping town. Why doesn´t he answer questions? Why won´t he explain? Why does he say that Ithi misreps (without pointing out what she misreped) while calling her town? Especially strange since she has claimed third party. I could definitely vote Darthe as well.

Turin - can you just forget about the role fishing talk? I was just tired. Trying to fish for third party/catching lies is not really bad. I agree with most of your posts and you´re in the top of my town list. 

About Ithi - Ithi has claimed third party. She is not town! Seph said it well - third party do whatever they can to win. Whatever most of you want to believe, Ithi will side with mafia if she think it benefits her. I do believe her claim and I do believe that we have got to get rid of her eventually. I´ve seen town loose several times since the believed in the townieness of third party players. 

More posts soon. 

Archived