DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Do you ever think, "Who is that?"

Meliane

In the top left corner of the Dragonmount site, there is a random drawing of different WoT characters. Whenever I see the one of Mat with his cowboy-looking hat and his fox medallion, I always think it is a woman. For some reason, I've always immediately thought of Min. I can't fix it in my head that it is Mat, even though I've studied the picture, and I can see his foxhead medallion, his scarf, his hat, etc. It just looks like a girl to me!

Actually, I don't know who most of those characters are, except for Nynaeve with her ki'sain and Rand with his red coat and reddish colored hair...

Does anyone else have this problem, or is my brain just broken?

Guest Barmacral

While I was reading this post I had an asian chick up there, no idea who she'd be. However, Moiraine is definately the one up there now that I'm typing the post.

I've not really noticed the pic's all that often, although I do have to say that I don't much care for Rand, while I think that Mat was very well done, can't say either way about anyone else except Moiraine, who is quite good, and the Asian, who is also quite well done, provided that she has a name placed to her.

Guest cwestervelt

I've got the Mat picture right now. I don't find it to look that girlish, but I certainly never picture his hat that way. I always imaging something floppier and more round.

I like most of the pics at the top. But the one of Mat annoys me because the pic looks like a boy of about 14 and not 18-20. I have yet to see a pic I like of Mat. There is one where he looks like a cowboy. That one he is ok but to old looking. But, then again maybe Mat would look older after all he's been through.

Thanks isk. I was going to post the link to that one, but deviantart is so freaking slow I couldn't be bothered.

The Logain is OK in that picture. It's like... DarkLogain. But still. For some reason when I see the "Elyas" I think Gimli. He looks like classic LotR dwarf.

But I like these depictions. Reminds me that these guys are still really young for their responsibilities.

I don't mind the dark coloring of Logain. I just imagined him to have a larger prescence. he seems so slight in that picture, and since he has an Asha'man coat I don't see why he should seem small.

totally agree about Elyas and the youth of the three ta'veren. the strain that Rand is under is obvious. I was surprised at how much I ended up liking Noal's rendition. I didn't have a good mental image of him beforehand so having a clear, well-done picture helps a lot. you can just see the lament on his face.

I don't mind the dark coloring of Logain. I just imagined him to have a larger prescence. he seems so slight in that picture' date=' and since he has an Asha'man coat I don't see why he should seem small.[/quote']

You're right. That was the thought that was floating in the back of my head that I didn't pin down. He does look small in that picture... slender almost. Logain is described as "big" and always described as having broad shoulders. He should appear more virile.. or something...

Archived