DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

No longer sure i want to continue reading

KasperDK

• 1 month later...

It always amazes me how people talk about how Egwene grows as a character. How, exactly? She starts of as a spoiled arrogant hypocritical brat willing to tell any lie and to cheat to get what she wants while rationalizing it with a "I want to learn, I want to learn" mantra. Her only saving grace, which I would be the first to admit, is her physical courage. The only change by the end is that the AS, having gone totally insane, have made her Amyrlin with her official policy of "Do as I say, not as I do".

She starts of as a spoiled arrogant hypocritical brat willing to tell any lie and to cheat to get what she wants while rationalizing it with a "I want to learn, I want to learn" mantra.

that's the problem, i never saw her like that. Yes, she sometimes was a little mean with Rand (no more than Moraine or Aviendha, i think), and she clearly started to keep distance with her closer ones when she was dedicated to the WT, but that's because she became in something else that just a girl with friends, and turned herself a heroine for the world (that's why i think that she grows as a character)

ps: I think we lost to @KasperDK lol

Archived