DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi all!!

jhs36303

Hello and welcome :)

Have fun and join in conversations with this friendly bunch of people. I'm new myself, but they are good at making you feel at home :wink:

Hello,

I'm not sure if you've finished the series but, if so, you might enjoy checking out our Discussion Boards where people can start and join in on discussions on the series and its characters. If you're still working on finishing the series then you can still browse the discussion boards but should also be careful of possible spoilers when doing so.

In addition to the discussion boards we have the social groups which can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.

Finally we have the RP groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun and participate in. If you plan on participating in RP I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to. If not maybe someone else who participates in the RP boards can answer them here.

Thanks Nikon, I am done with the books and Mat was by and far my favorite character.  So in my exploration today I looked quite a bit at the Band of the Red Hand.  I've explored DM some today and am impressed at how sophisticated it is and how large a following it has.  I really didn't even know where to start.  I'm looking forward to becoming more involved and joining some of the social groups available.

The Band should be lots of fun for you if you enjoyed Mat.  I'm in the White Tower and Warders SG as well as the Band.  Please be aware that there will be forum areas that are not available to you until you are a member..... so I caution you to not think "that's all there is."  :)

Thank you ma'am.  One thing I am wishing I'd done was make a cooler username.  I didn't realize the breadth and depth of this community.  Everyone has a cool sounding username.  Mine was just a composite of familial initials and random numbers.  Ha!!

Hi JHS, welcome to DM. I found this in the Forums 101 stickies for you :

If you must make changes to your name, send an email to help@dragonmount.com with a request. Make sure you send your current handle, your email address and the new handle you want to change it to.

Glad you're looking around and getting interested in the community - DM is a great place :smile:

Archived