DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Permission to come aboard?

the_hare

Hi Everyone! I too just finished the series and I have a big hole in my being that used to be filled with stories of the White Tower, the Dragon reborn and all of the things that come with the wheel of time!

I want to join a community but I'm not sure where I fit in... I can't even determine what my favorite faction was in the books! I was a big fan of Matrim's but I also loved Perrin and the wolf dream. I was behind Rand all the way but I also loved the Aes Sadai! I don't think I'm an Aiel, and I probably wouldn't have cut it as a warder, hahaha!

I really liked ole Lews Therin and felt like Rand should have been nicer to him! hahaha!

Anyway, I'd love to hear suggestions from some of you as to where I belong!

As for that hole in my being, well, I may just have to start the ride all over again and launch into a re-read!

Thanks for listening, may peace favor your sword!

the_hare

Welcome to DM! I'm Cairos and I'm part of some of the social orgs here on DM. I'm a gray brother Aes Sedai in the WT org and also the CG of the Cavalry in the Band of the Red Hand. Please stop by any of these social orgs or others that interest you! Welcome again! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Welcome to DM :)

Kinda hard to suggest a place without knowing you. Basically the site has three sections. A section for discussions, the social groups and the role play groups. I would visit the sections that strike your fancies. You should visit the various groups to get a feel for them and see where you feel at home.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out.

Cheers,

Nyn

Welcome Hare!!!

Since you've finished the series then you may enjoy checking out our Discussion Boards where people can start and join in on discussions on the series and its characters.

As for your issue of having too many things you liked in the books... NOT AN ISSUE!!! Our social groups can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site and you aren't limited in how many you join. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are also members of multiple groups). If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experience, many of the groups seem to have a little RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.

Finally we have the RP groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun and participate in. If you plan on participating I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to (If no one here can answer them).

Welcome, Hare! Yes, please do check out the social groups!!! I'm in the White Tower and Warders. FYI, with most of the social groups you won't be able to see all of the forums until you join.

Permission granted!  :biggrin:

Welcome to DM, the_hare!  I hope you are enjoying yourself as you navigate the site. 

If you make it to the Social Groups, you'll find me in the White Tower and the Band.  I hope to see you in both places!

Archived