DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blizzard

Ryrin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/northeast-braced-blizzard-another-winter-storm-looms-n306286

The winter-weary Northeast is hunkering down for blizzard conditions expected to bring sub-zero wind chills and more than a foot of snow in some parts. But it's Boston that it's in the cross hairs again, and is likely to break a record Sunday morning for its all-time snowiest month. The city is expected to get 9 inches of snow, but needs just one more inch to hit the milestone, forecasters said.

Twenty-six states were under weekend winter weather warnings, with no immediate end in sight to the freezing conditions. Some of the coldest air in the past 20 years will be accompanied by winds approaching hurricane force — and, for the snow-battered coast of New England, what could be a paralyzing blizzard.

A blizzard watch was in effect from the Maine-Canada border south to Long Island and a winter storm watch was in place for New Hampshire and parts of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

the wind from today's blizzard just blew the door from the porch open and the door into the house too. We had snow coming all the way in. The girl child and I went out and moved the table across the front door because it wouldn't stay shut. I'm just hoping the table is enough to keep it closed.

the wind from today's blizzard just blew the door from the porch open and the door into the house too. We had snow coming all the way in. The girl child and I went out and moved the table across the front door because it wouldn't stay shut. I'm just hoping the table is enough to keep it closed.

Holy Bela :ohmy:

Stay safe!

or, you know, go to a friends restaurant and take a high speed fan into their walk in freezer. with your hair wet to account for the dampness in the atmosphere. and then thank the good lord you don't live here.

I think I'd rather sit under one of our flowering trees.

You guys take care!!

"Hey, would those of you in the North shut the freezer door already?  We're getting down in the 20's again at night here this week.  My truck windows were iced over this morning and I don't have an ice scraper!  I had to use a gift card . . .  We're under a hard freeze warning for tonight and tomorrow night (it'll be even colder than last night)."

So I have those thoughts (like above) and then I watch the weather channel and see the conditions north of here and am suddenly reminded how grateful I am to only be dealing with a little cold!

Y'all stay safe and warm.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/blizzard-conditions-winds-dangerously-low-temps-hit-northeast-forecasters-say-n306451

"A deadly storm bringing heavy snow and high winds pelted New England on Sunday, after causing casualties, accidents and damage during its march through the Midwest and the Northeast.

Blizzard conditions and high winds were forecast for the Northeast, while parts of Massachusetts had already seen 20 inches of snow, forecasters at The Weather Channel said. Winter storm watches were in place as far south as Atlanta and the northern parts of Alabama and Mississippi. Whiteout conditions were reported in parts of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio, according to The Weather Channel. High-wind warnings were issued from southern Connecticut to western North Carolina, including New York and Washington, D.C. York Beach, Maine, had the highest snowfall so far Sunday afternoon, with 2 feet, while Nantucket was experiencing the heaviest winds at 62 mph, according to The Weather Channel. More than 2,600 Sunday flights were canceled by Sunday evening....

After the snow, Massachusetts could see bone-chilling temperatures Sunday night through Tuesday, with wind chills of up to 40 degrees below zero feared for western parts of the state and minus-25-degree wind chills in the east, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency said....

The Midwest and the Southern Plains won't be spared in the next blast. Winter weather warnings, advisories and watches stretched from Kansas and Oklahoma to the shores of North Carolina and Virginia on Sunday night, according to the National Weather Service. After dropping up to a foot of snow on parts of the Midwest, the storm will make its way to the Northeast and is likely to deal New England another blow Tuesday."

Roofs are caving in, trees are falling due to the weight of the snow. People have been asked to stay home due to whiteout conditions.

20150215bostontundraajhillerjpg-3520164-

B91fAtkCAAARLPo.jpg

This might sound really silly, but do you think it's affecting the post? I sent Turin his valentine's present over 2 weeks ago and it's still not turned up. I wonder if post from the UK lands on the east coast and then gets moved across.

It's probably the last thing anyone's worrying about I'm thinking.

Then hopefully it will still turn up one day. It's normally very good and fast. Silly snow.

I've quite enjoyed not having to sweep the car before I go to work in the morning. We're not our of the woods here yet. It's actually more common for us to get snow at Easter than at Christmas.

But from late March it will start to warm up. I've already got daylight when I go to work and when I go home.

Have they said how long they think it's going to last? Was the groundhog right?

the groundhog likely froze...

there's no end in sight in the forecasts. our worst storms are

often in spring but we've usually started to get a wee bit of warm

now

and then by now.

the last winters I saw that were

like this one didn't really let up until May and they started again in October.

there have been years without summers. I'm

feeling like this may be one of those.

but yes, mail has been very slow plus there has

been at least one federal holiday and possibly 2 if they get Lincoln's since you mailed so I wouldn't give up hope. and it's one of the heaviest Mail times too.

those aren't white outs, btw. can't see a white out. but you can hear it. it's like every angry cold spirit on earth screaming all at once. and cars smashing together. and trees exploding.

it's nifty.

I know.  Those were just some pictures I found.  Stay warm!

Archived